News anchor taken off air after calling Lady Gaga song "jigaboo music".

If she had called rock and roll "cracker music" would she be disciplined?

Ohio anchor taken off air after Lady Gaga jiga--- comment - NY Daily News

feb 25 2015
The Ohio news anchor who used a racial slur while discussing Lady Gaga's Oscars performance has been temporarily taken off the air.

Fox 8 Cleveland news anchor Kristi Capel "will not be anchoring 'Fox 8 News in the Morning' for the remainder of the week," the station said in a statement Wednesday. She will be back behind the desk March 2.

Capel came under fire after calling Lady Gaga songs "jiga--- music" on the air Monday morning, referring to a racist term for African Americans.

Capel, a former Miss Missouri USA, apologized on Twitter and during Tuesday's broadcast. She said she did not even know it was a word.
didn't some DJ call a black basketball team a bunch of hoes once?

That was Imus, he had a radio talk show that at the time was simulcast on MSNBC.
He called the Rutgers women's basketball team "nappy headed ho's" back in 2007.
Needless to say his job ended that day, and his career was pretty much done in, although he did make a sort of comeback.

And it's a FOX station, too. Surprise, surprise.

The step and fetch it should have lost his position too. He actually tried to laugh it off.

What should he have done, beat her up on live TV ?

Asked her if she knew what jigaboo meant or told her not to say that again. Why does that mean he would need to beat her up?

Why do you think he's a step and fetcher ?

Because he didn't shut her down immediately. All he did was a little nervous laugh. She just insulted every Black person he knew including himself.

And it's a FOX station, too. Surprise, surprise.

The step and fetch it should have lost his position too. He actually tried to laugh it off.

Asked her if she knew what jigaboo meant or told her not to say that again. Why does that mean he would need to beat her up?

Because he didn't shut her down immediately. All he did was a little nervous laugh. She just insulted every Black person he knew including himself.

I'm guessing he waited until the cameras were off before he personally responded to her. I think he was very professional, being that he was on the air live.

I'm guessing he waited until the cameras were off before he personally responded to her. I think he was very professional, being that he was on the air live.

Could be. If so he missed an opportunity to make a big impact. If he had seized the moment and made her offer an explanation live that would have been more of a statement. Racism casual or otherwise should not be tolerated.

Could be. If so he missed an opportunity to make a big impact. If he had seized the moment and made her offer an explanation live that would have been more of a statement. Racism casual or otherwise should not be tolerated.

Maybe he was caught off guard. Anyway, had he responded on the air live, that would have been one hell of a viral video.

total bullshit! you are a poser..
as to being immersed in the culture my father was a musician and I've been in the biz for 30 some odd years...
I can smell a poser even through wifi....
You're in the roots music business?
the music biz is all the same biz, don't play the pretentious wanker..
No, it's not. Wedding bands are far different from what I do. I play roots music mostly in bars. That's what the music was designed for and derived from. Wedding bands actually make good money. I don't.
However, I did have an awesome job demo-ing at the winter NAMM show. Ever been there?
who's talking about wedding bands or bar bands?
that's armature shit.
and namm is a music tech trade show.....
I guess you've never been to the NAMM show.
What is 'armature'?
wrong again shit head I went just about every year from 78 to 84..
amateur

Maybe he was caught off guard. Anyway, had he responded on the air live, that would have been one hell of a viral video.
A lost opportunity for him.

Ohio anchor taken off air after Lady Gaga jiga--- comment - NY Daily News

feb 25 2015
The Ohio news anchor who used a racial slur while discussing Lady Gaga's Oscars performance has been temporarily taken off the air.

Fox 8 Cleveland news anchor Kristi Capel "will not be anchoring 'Fox 8 News in the Morning' for the remainder of the week," the station said in a statement Wednesday. She will be back behind the desk March 2.

Capel came under fire after calling Lady Gaga songs "jiga--- music" on the air Monday morning, referring to a racist term for African Americans.

Capel, a former Miss Missouri USA, apologized on Twitter and during Tuesday's broadcast. She said she did not even know it was a word.
People still use the term Jigaboo? How come blacks call each other nigga but don't call each other Jigaboo?
1787727_o.gif
more proof that lot's of white people have had their natural rhythm stifled by oppressive religious and cultural STANDARDS .

You're in the roots music business?
No, it's not. Wedding bands are far different from what I do. I play roots music mostly in bars. That's what the music was designed for and derived from. Wedding bands actually make good money. I don't.
However, I did have an awesome job demo-ing at the winter NAMM show. Ever been there?
that's armature shit.
What is 'armature'?
amateur
Then things must have changed considerably since then. I've gone every year since 2008 and I've been paid well to perform there. Nowadays it's loaded with performance demos from some pretty established names and acts.
Shithead dumbass.

that's armature shit.
What is 'armature'?
amateur
Then things must have changed considerably since then. I've gone every year since 2008 and I've been paid well to perform there. Nowadays it's loaded with performance demos from some pretty established names and acts.
Shithead dumbass.
sorry but the only thing that's changed is producers are in charge and most "new" music sucks.
if you are still playing small venues then you are a fucking amateur..

Forum List

Back