You get your history that has been rewritten, omitting facts that are pertinent to what he really did, and would thoroughly change your opinion.
I’m a Texan, born and bred, as well as those before me. If you truly seek the truth, you can find it. It is on the net today, written as it truly was back then. LBJ was a racist, to his core.

Bill Moyers is also a Texan, born and bred, who was up close and personal with Johnson, and he says you're full of Texas-size shit.

Moyers is also a major back stabbing opportunist weasel, and if LBJ had ever actually used the word Moyers would be among the first to report it later on.

Also, the southerner in question would have changed the word to one of his liking when citing someone else, i.e. not a good source, and then there is the fact that all these alleged 'witnesses' cites use language nuances that are obviously artificial and sound nothing like Johnson's casual speaking in real life.

So, despite the thread title, there actually is zero evidence. I thought so. LBJ was 'notorious' for finding money for black colleges in East Texas to keep their doors open during the Depression, something that wouldn't have gained him anything at all, and in fact hurt him at the polls. Sorry, but no Klan member, much less a purely self-interested politician, would even think of doing such things as that, much less be openly supporting FDR. You guys really need to up your games here; the conspiracy theory forums are making you stupid.

Actually, it is an "informant" named Ned Touchstone, who claimed that the clan had "proof" that LBJ was in the KKK.

there was no proof presented. who the hell is ned touchstone that he is a credible source or who he even got his "information from". btw, most white southerners (who were dems before the civil rights act and they became repugs) had some association with the kkk. now the kkk is all yours. :thup:

if this is enough for you, though, then we can certainly agree that the dossier on Donald is 100% accurate since it has been largely substantiated.

thanks for confirming. I expect that whining trumptards will stop challenging it. :thup:

I have no idea what you're babbling about here. Maybe drug-addled loons should avoid posting outside the Linsay Lohan fan threads.

Pogo, give it up. Even the media admitted he was racist. He used everything to his advantage to gain power.

And Moyers grew up in a very racist town. They even had censorship codes that in the 50’s were finally overturned. It was a segregated town. It was arresting Black students in 1960 for sitting at the lunch counter at the five and dime for interrupting business. He didn’t leave there until at least 1951.
You get your history that has been rewritten, omitting facts that are pertinent to what he really did, and would thoroughly change your opinion.
I’m a Texan, born and bred, as well as those before me. If you truly seek the truth, you can find it. It is on the net today, written as it truly was back then. LBJ was a racist, to his core.
I get my history lessons from historians; I realize theirs doesn't ever match the lessons from spammers and hacks, but then I don't care. about those nor the opinions of those whose cite them. It was LBJ who got blacks into the NYA programs in the first place, so your sniveling doesn't count for much, considering the politics of the 1930's, and that had to be done quietly to be done at all, and done at considerable political risk to a man who is allegedly only out for himself.

JOHNSON, LYNDON BAINES | The Handbook of Texas Online| Texas State Historical Association (TSHA)

"To be shot at by the whites and dodged by the negroes": Lyndon Johnson and the Texas NYA. - Free Online Library

LBJ was both a racist- and also the President who did more for Civil Rights than any President since Lincoln.
By holding up in the Senate for 7 year an identical Civil Rights Bill put forth by Ike, a bill LBJ called the, "Ngger Bill"

Actually in the quote, however apocryphal, you refer to here, he's pushing to pass the bill. He's speaking to a Southern colleague and code-switching, which he did as adeptly as anybody. I believe the actual attributed quote was "why won't you let this ****** bill pass?"

"Code-switching" means adapting one's own speech to synch with one's listener to create common ground for assent. Everybody does it -- one talks one way to one's boss, another way to one's children, one way to a stranger, another way to a dog. One way to a foreigner, another way to a neighbor. Here LBJ is speaking in the white-Southern vernacular in order to reach his listener. That is, if the quote is real at all.

But this attempt at dichotomy where the use of the word "******" can have only one simple meaning, falls flat. Go ask a black rapper if he means the same thing by the term as a white KKK hooder does. Good luck with that. And again, in the statement he's backing the bill, not opposing it.

lol so now 'The Media' is suddenly 'credible' when they post fake news about LBJ? The Camelot Myth runs deep in the Establishment Media.

As for 'racism in the South', the fact is it was less than reported, it was just more open and honest and out front in the southern states than in most other parts of the country. See the results of northern responses to making the Civil Rights Acts apply nationwide under Nixon, where northern schools had been re-segregating along racial lines throughout the late 1940's to the 1970's to levels as high or higher in many places than the South ever had, and the busing riots, the sniveling and violent resistance to expanding the Acts to include banning of literacy tests for voters applied to the 18 states in the north and California who had them, and the race riot still going on in all the usual 'liberal' bastions to this day. Seems like the all the 'liberal, enlightened' types only liked the Civil Rights Acts as long as they only applied to a few southern states, and when those came up for the 'sunset' reviews all of sudden they were' bad laws' and 'unenforceable', for some reason, and would 'only cause violence and problems' ...

In any case, for those in the Peanut Gallery, especially Gen X's and 'millennial's' and those who want to study the real politics and the history of the Civil Rights movement and who derailed and warped it beyond recognition instead of the PC spin and rubbish you have been fed by fake media and academia, your first intro should be Hugh Davis Graham's The Civil Rights Era'; it's also very useful as an intro on how politicians and bureaucrats actually go about implementing public policy to suit themselves, whether they are 'left' or 'right' wingers, what happens to 'the Good Guys' when they get in the way of power plays by sociopaths and special interest groups, etc., etc., etc. Graham has also written other books of interest worth reading as well, but this one should be required reading in political science courses, starting in high school.

So, despite the thread title, there actually is zero evidence. I thought so. LBJ was 'notorious' for finding money for black colleges in East Texas to keep their doors open during the Depression, something that wouldn't have gained him anything at all, and in fact hurt him at the polls. Sorry, but no Klan member, much less a purely self-interested politician, would even think of doing such things as that, much less be openly supporting FDR. You guys really need to up your games here; the conspiracy theory forums are making you stupid.

Actually, it is an "informant" named Ned Touchstone, who claimed that the clan had "proof" that LBJ was in the KKK.

there was no proof presented. who the hell is ned touchstone that he is a credible source or who he even got his "information from". btw, most white southerners (who were dems before the civil rights act and they became repugs) had some association with the kkk. now the kkk is all yours. :thup:

if this is enough for you, though, then we can certainly agree that the dossier on Donald is 100% accurate since it has been largely substantiated.

thanks for confirming. I expect that whining trumptards will stop challenging it. :thup:

I have no idea what you're babbling about here. Maybe drug-addled loons should avoid posting outside the Linsay Lohan fan threads.

if you don't know what I'm talking about, it's because you're incapable of reading with comprehension.
I am neither drug addicted nor a loon. there are plenty of trumptards and conspiracy loons on the board who fit that bill.

your hysterical and insane response indicates you are one of them. actually, having seen your pathetic little trumptard posts before, I know you're one of them.

poor little moron. :popcorn:

Pogo, give it up. Even the media admitted he was racist. He used everything to his advantage to gain power.

And Moyers grew up in a very racist town. They even had censorship codes that in the 50’s were finally overturned. It was a segregated town. It was arresting Black students in 1960 for sitting at the lunch counter at the five and dime for interrupting business. He didn’t leave there until at least 1951.

LBJ was both a racist- and also the President who did more for Civil Rights than any President since Lincoln.
By holding up in the Senate for 7 year an identical Civil Rights Bill put forth by Ike, a bill LBJ called the, "Ngger Bill"

Actually in the quote, however apocryphal, you refer to here, he's pushing to pass the bill. He's speaking to a Southern colleague and code-switching, which he did as adeptly as anybody. I believe the actual attributed quote was "why won't you let this ****** bill pass?"

"Code-switching" means adapting one's own speech to synch with one's listener to create common ground for assent. Everybody does it -- one talks one way to one's boss, another way to one's children, one way to a stranger, another way to a dog. One way to a foreigner, another way to a neighbor. Here LBJ is speaking in the white-Southern vernacular in order to reach his listener. That is, if the quote is real at all.

But this attempt at dichotomy where the use of the word "******" can have only one simple meaning, falls flat. Go ask a black rapper if he means the same thing by the term as a white KKK hooder does. Good luck with that. And again, in the statement he's backing the bill, not opposing it.

lol so now 'The Media' is suddenly 'credible' when they post fake news about LBJ? The Camelot Myth runs deep in the Establishment Media.

As for 'racism in the South', the fact is it was less than reported, it was just more open and honest and out front in the southern states than in most other parts of the country. See the results of northern responses to making the Civil Rights Acts apply nationwide under Nixon, where northern schools had been re-segregating along racial lines throughout the late 1940's to the 1970's to levels as high or higher in many places than the South ever had, and the busing riots, the sniveling and violent resistance to expanding the Acts to include banning of literacy tests for voters applied to the 18 states in the north and California who had them, and the race riot still going on in all the usual 'liberal' bastions to this day. Seems like the all the 'liberal, enlightened' types only liked the Civil Rights Acts as long as they only applied to a few southern states, and when those came up for the 'sunset' reviews all of sudden they were' bad laws' and 'unenforceable', for some reason, and would 'only cause violence and problems' ...

In any case, for those in the Peanut Gallery, especially Gen X's and 'millennial's' and those who want to study the real politics and the history of the Civil Rights movement and who derailed and warped it beyond recognition instead of the PC spin and rubbish you have been fed by fake media and academia, your first intro should be Hugh Davis Graham's The Civil Rights Era'; it's also very useful as an intro on how politicians and bureaucrats actually go about implementing public policy to suit themselves, whether they are 'left' or 'right' wingers, what happens to 'the Good Guys' when they get in the way of power plays by sociopaths and special interest groups, etc., etc., etc. Graham has also written other books of interest worth reading as well, but this one should be required reading in political science courses, starting in high school.

Racism has never been confined to the South, that point is certainly well taken. As I often point out, in the 1860 elections one state also ran a referendum on the question of whether black people should get the right to vote. The results came back decisively as a "No", they should not -- and that state was New York, which simultaneously voted for Lincoln.

Then again, Lincoln, like the rest of the candidates, wasn't making noises about Abolition himself, because they all wanted votes. That characteristic was applied by history later.

Race riots and disturbances, however, have nothing to do with "liberal bastions" --- they have to do with migration. Specifically significant waves of black migration to the North in order to find employment, and through it a better life, in the burgeoning industrial centers there, including Chicago, Indianapolis, Detroit, Pittsburgh, New York, St. Louis, etc etc etc. This influx, especially active with the explosion of industrialization in the19-teens, and augmented by a parallel influx of foreign workers, generated a xenophobia/racism that both segregated the new black workers (and the new foreign ones), and fueled the rapid rise of the second Ku Klux Klan (founded 1915) which overtly milked that sentiment against blacks, Jews, Catholics, foreigners and labor unions.

Ultimately it has nothing to do with "liberal bastions"; it's the inevitable result of industrial growing pains and the resentment of an ignorant populace to them. Migration means cultural shift, and cultural shift means cultural tension. That's why there were race riots, and lynchings, and the Klan, and at the same time the UDC feverishly putting up statues to a fake Civil War history, all of them the results of the same dynamic.

Sociology 101. (/offtopic)

Racism has never been confined to the South, that point is certainly well taken. As I often point out, in the 1860 elections one state also ran a referendum on the question of whether black people should get the right to vote. The results came back decisively as a "No", they should not -- and that state was New York, which simultaneously voted for Lincoln.

Then again, Lincoln, like the rest of the candidates, wasn't making noises about Abolition himself, because they all wanted votes. That characteristic was applied by history later.

Race riots and disturbances, however, have nothing to do with "liberal bastions" --- they have to do with migration. Specifically significant waves of black migration to the North in order to find employment, and through it a better life, in the burgeoning industrial centers there, including Chicago, Indianapolis, Detroit, Pittsburgh, New York, St. Louis, etc etc etc. This influx, especially active with the explosion of industrialization in the19-teens, and augmented by a parallel influx of foreign workers, generated a xenophobia/racism that both segregated the new black workers (and the new foreign ones), and fueled the rapid rise of the second Ku Klux Klan (founded 1915) which overtly milked that sentiment against blacks, Jews, Catholics, foreigners and labor unions.

Ultimately it has nothing to do with "liberal bastions"; it's the inevitable result of industrial growing pains and the resentment of an ignorant populace to them. Migration means cultural shift, and cultural shift means cultural tension. That's why there were race riots, and lynchings, and the Klan, and at the same time the UDC feverishly putting up statues to a fake Civil War history, all of them the results of the same dynamic.

Sociology 101. (/offtopic)

Thanks- I wish I had been able to express that so well. I agree completely.

You know, There are plenty of things that one can criticize LBJ about. For example, I took it personally that his foreign policy could easily have gotten me killed in Vietnam, for no reason other than the fact that he did not want to be the first president in American history to lose a war. But the Trump crowd is really stretching trying to tar LBJ with racism. I am not surprised, though. I do believe that most Trump supporters believe that American history began on 9/11.

Exactly- it is not hard to find real things to criticize LBJ for- and the Vietnam war is certainly at the top of my list.

[Q
Was Johnson a Klansman? So what if he was? Your mother and your daddy might have been one too, if they grew up during that time in the Deep South.
Were they?

Was LBJ a klansman?

They don't care whether he was or he wasn't- all they care about is spreading slander against LBJ- they are still pissed off that he was instrumental in the passage of the 1964 Civil Rights Act and the 1965 Voting Rights Act.

Remember- virtually every Congressman from the South- including EVERY Republican- opposed the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

But who did the GOP nominate to be their 1964 Presidential candidate? One of the few non-southern Senators who voted against the 1964 Civil Rights Act- to oppose

I still say they would have done far better nominating Margaret Chase Smith, the Senator who had the cojones to stand up to Joe McCarthy in 1950. Could have been a game changer. But they didn't.

It would have been interesting- but I can't imagine either party successfully nominating a woman then.

Personally I think that MLK Jr. assessment was more right than wrong- that Goldwater was not a racist- but his nomination enabled the racists in the South who opposed integration and Civil Rights under the guise of "State Rights"

JFK Files: Iconic Democrat President Was a KKK Member (Report)

kgDSVVb.jpg

There were plenty of interesting factoids to come out of the recent JFK files release: The CIA considered mob hits on Fidel Castro, someone called the FBI threatening to kill Lee Harvey Oswald a day before Oswald’s murder, and the U.S. examined sabotaging airplane parts heading to Cuba.

There was even proof that the CIA used journalists and media figures to spread propaganda.

Additionally, we got confirmation that President Kennedy’s successor following his assassination, Lyndon B. Johnson, was possibly a member of the KKK.

One of the newly released files contains a memo about a journalist named Ned Touchstone, who was an editor of The Councilor, the newsletter of the racist White Citizens’ Councils.

Touchstone claimed the Ku Klux Klan had “documented proof” that LBJ had been a member of the Klan in the early days of his political career in Texas...

...That Johnson would have been a member of the Klan wouldn’t be much of a surprise, frankly. As a member of the Senate, he fought vigorously against civil rights legislation favored by President Eisenhower and Republicans. Early in his political career, Johnson was guilty of all kinds of statements in support of Jim Crow laws in the South.

This isn’t verified proof that Johnson was indeed part of the Klan. But given the political circumstances from which he rose (deep South, Democrat-dominated Texas), it’s not that far-fetched. In fact, more likely than not, Johnson mixed around with a racist crowd to get his political start.

Consider that in the context of this anti-Barry Goldwater 1964 presidential campaign commercial…

Bill Clinton's mentor was J. William Fulbright:

J. William Fulbright - Wikipedia

James William Fulbright (April 9, 1905 – February 9, 1995) was a United States Senator representing Arkansas from January 1945 until his resignation in December 1974. Fulbright is the longest serving chairman in the history of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. A Southern Democrat and a staunch multilateralist who supported the creation of the United Nations, he was also a segregationist who signed the Southern Manifesto. Fulbright opposed McCarthyism and the House Un-American Activities Committee and later became known for his opposition to American involvement in the Vietnam War...

But Trump is the racist. Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

This is no surprise in the least since we now know beyond a doubt Johnson had a huge hand in the jfk assassination and the coverup later on.texas where Johnson’s hometown is,with Johnson’s connections there was the perfect place for it to all take place.

This is no surprise in the least since we now know beyond a doubt Johnson had a huge hand in the jfk assassination and the coverup later on.texas where Johnson’s hometown is,with Johnson’s connections there was the perfect place for it to all take place.

lol more ridiculous drivel.

if you don't know what I'm talking about, it's because you're incapable of reading with comprehension.
I am neither drug addicted nor a loon. there are plenty of trumptards and conspiracy loons on the board who fit that bill.

your hysterical and insane response indicates you are one of them. actually, having seen your pathetic little trumptard posts before, I know you're one of them.

poor little moron. :popcorn:

Typical drivel from a dope addled loon. Fake news is literally all these deviants have to run an insurrection on.

It's complete bullshit, sourced ipse dixit from somebody named "Matt" (that's all --- just "Matt") and completely flies in the face of known history, including LBJ being the first POTUS since Ulysses Grant to prosecute the Klan, which I covered three years ago when this ridiculous shit was first plopped here.

However my YouTube link seems to have expired over the years so here's a new one.

Don't swallow shit just because some klown named "Matt" (that's all --- just "Matt") saunters up and says "here's some free shit". The only 'surprise' here is that you actually bought this unhinged malarkey.

JFK Files: Iconic Democrat President Was a KKK Member (Report)

kgDSVVb.jpg

There were plenty of interesting factoids to come out of the recent JFK files release: The CIA considered mob hits on Fidel Castro, someone called the FBI threatening to kill Lee Harvey Oswald a day before Oswald’s murder, and the U.S. examined sabotaging airplane parts heading to Cuba.

There was even proof that the CIA used journalists and media figures to spread propaganda.

Additionally, we got confirmation that President Kennedy’s successor following his assassination, Lyndon B. Johnson, was possibly a member of the KKK.

One of the newly released files contains a memo about a journalist named Ned Touchstone, who was an editor of The Councilor, the newsletter of the racist White Citizens’ Councils.

Touchstone claimed the Ku Klux Klan had “documented proof” that LBJ had been a member of the Klan in the early days of his political career in Texas...

...That Johnson would have been a member of the Klan wouldn’t be much of a surprise, frankly. As a member of the Senate, he fought vigorously against civil rights legislation favored by President Eisenhower and Republicans. Early in his political career, Johnson was guilty of all kinds of statements in support of Jim Crow laws in the South.

This isn’t verified proof that Johnson was indeed part of the Klan. But given the political circumstances from which he rose (deep South, Democrat-dominated Texas), it’s not that far-fetched. In fact, more likely than not, Johnson mixed around with a racist crowd to get his political start.

Consider that in the context of this anti-Barry Goldwater 1964 presidential campaign commercial…

Bill Clinton's mentor was J. William Fulbright:

J. William Fulbright - Wikipedia

James William Fulbright (April 9, 1905 – February 9, 1995) was a United States Senator representing Arkansas from January 1945 until his resignation in December 1974. Fulbright is the longest serving chairman in the history of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. A Southern Democrat and a staunch multilateralist who supported the creation of the United Nations, he was also a segregationist who signed the Southern Manifesto. Fulbright opposed McCarthyism and the House Un-American Activities Committee and later became known for his opposition to American involvement in the Vietnam War...

But Trump is the racist. Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Incredible that pogo finds it funny that LBJ had a huge hand being involved in the jfk assassination especially since the world has never been the same sense then and has gone downhill ever sense the,some people sure have a sick sense of humor to find that to be funny.would like him to see him go up to Carolyn on live television in front of the whole world and tell her to her face in front of millions how funny he thinks that is,bet the coward would not do it.

It's complete bullshit, sourced ipse dixit from somebody named "Matt" (that's all --- just "Matt") and completely flies in the face of known history, including LBJ being the first POTUS since Ulysses Grant to prosecute the Klan, which I covered three years ago when this ridiculous shit was first plopped here.

However my YouTube link seems to have expired over the years so here's a new one.

Don't swallow shit just because some klown named "Matt" (that's all --- just "Matt") saunters up and says "here's some free shit". The only 'surprise' here is that you actually bought this unhinged malarkey.

Thanks for proving up you have done ZERO research into the jfk assassination only going by what the Warren commission said and our textbooks from our corrupt school system in the governments version of events of history of that event,good little blind programmed sheep

Your sad kind does not help in clearing the bs propaganda of the government that carter was the worst president ever,you ignoring that well known fact laughing about it,just helps the governments case against carter.

Last edited:

Thanks for proving up you have done ZERO research into the jfk assassination only going by what the Warren commission said and our textbooks from our corrupt school system in the governments version of events of history of that event,good little blind programmed sheep

"JFK" has ZERO to do with the KKK, just because they both end in a K.

Holy SHIT that was a mindless post.

Which does not debunk my truthful post that LBJ had a major hand in helping to kill jfk so everything you have posted is irrelevent sense none of anything you posted debunks that fact that LBJ was a major player in his assassination. Rolls eyes.

Which does not debunk my truthful post that LBJ had a major hand in helping to kill jfk so everything you have posted is irrelevent sense none of anything you posted debunks that fact that LBJ was a major player in his assassination. Rolls eyes.

Again -- YOUR POST HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TOPIC. Read the title.

Everything I posted here, back to three years ago, is relevant. NOTHING you posted is.

Forum List

Back