New Zealand: First They Took Their Guns.....Now They're Removing Jesus From Their Lives

as i commented earlier , in my opinion the purpose of changing the Parlimentary Prayer was simply to target and remove the personal name of JESUS IDB ,
And I've reassured you that you're mistaken PIMSOE.
You can sleep easy in the knowledge that NZ is not 'purging' Christianity.

Oddly enough...God Himself knocked down most of the churches in the Christchurch earthquakes...but the mosques all survived.
What could this mean?
--------------------------------------------- aw , i don't care , i like having you 'new zealanders' to point at as being disarmed of effective weapons and being 'dhimmis' IDB .
I've reassured you enough that you no longer care.
My work here is done.
----------------------------------------------- just like the 'aussies' , they are 'Puzzies' being put down by fureigner from what i read about their 'african' gangs and other imported gangs rioting in 'aussieland' . Don't care but interesting how low you 'new zealanders' can go but it is funny to watch and is interesting IDB .
"Are you not entertained...are you not entertained?!!!"

How about putting JESUS name back where it Traditionally belongs and probably from the start of the Parliamentary Prayer and maybe the Founding of 'new zealand' IDB ??
Traditions get changed all the time.
Is your church sermon still delivered in Latin?
----------------------------------- yep , looks like your 'female' overlord made a Decree and you guys just fell in line . Good news is that there are some protest though IDB .

How about putting JESUS name back where it Traditionally belongs and probably from the start of the Parliamentary Prayer and maybe the Founding of 'new zealand' IDB ??
Traditions get changed all the time.
Is your church sermon still delivered in Latin?
----------------------------------- yep , looks like your 'female' overlord made a Decree and you guys just fell in line . Good news is that there are some protest though IDB .
Ah...now I see.
Your real problem is with female leaders PIMSOE.
I don't think she changed the church sermons from Latin.
It was just one of those old traditions that was changed PIMSOE.

no problem , just an accurate description . She seems a lefty female overlord or feminazi type . But 'mallard' assumed by me to be second in command is [some sort of lefty] male and just as bad as the 'female' overlord IDB . .

no problem , just an accurate description . She seems a lefty female overlord or feminazi type . But 'mallard' assumed by me to be second in command is [some sort of lefty] male and just as bad as the 'female' overlord IDB . .
Yeah...one of them uppity chicks, eh PIMSOE?
She should shut up and get back in the kitchen.

Yeah...one of them uppity chicks, eh PIMSOE?
She should shut up and get back in the kitchen.
--------------------------------------------------- looking at her , she probably can't cook . But looking at her and seeing her works she shouldn't be a 'feminazi' over lord . Thats one of the reasons that we Americans didn't elect 'hilary' IDB .

When you have people pretending that any public mention of Jesus is "Discrimination" against non-Christians,

it is obvious that the goal is to discriminate against Christians,

AND that people who are so bigoted against Christians are probably already discriminating against them is what ever way they can get away with.
I don't believe anyone has said that using Jesus' name is discriminating against anyone.
The idea of the change was to be more inclusive of all religions.

cnm said that very thing. And I've heard other liberals hold that basic position, so it is not just him.

And that is my point. The stated reason might be to be more inclusive. They always say some such shit.

But it is revealed to be a lie, by the way they are happy to have other efforts made to celebrate other SPECIFIC religions, such as the Muslim Call to Prayer as per the op.

The change to the parliamentary prayer would remove reference to SPECIFIC religions so any point you're making about discrimination is obviously wrong.
There was no national call to prayer.
There was a nationwide screening of a Christian memorial service for the 9/11 victims in 2001.
National holidays are held for Christian Easter and Christmas.
Christian ANZAC Day services are held across the country in April.

The act of mentioning Christianity is not discrimination.

The fact that you libs pretend that it is, to justify purging any mention or pubic display of Christianity shows that you libs are religious bigots and is discrimination against Christians, and Christianity.

The OP mentions a call to prayer observed nation wide. I'm sure the plenty of public officials specifically mentioned it to support it, and celebrate diversity and inclusion.

The double standard is the point.
Tha act of mentionaing Christianity might not be discrimination...but neither is the act of not mentioning Christianity.
There was no call to prayer.
There was a call for a nationwide two minute silence and a televised remembrance service as well as a series of services throughout the country including Christian services.

You repeating something over and over doesn't make it true.

I don't think you understand what a double standard is.

The act of purging any mention of Christianity from public mention, is discrimination.

That Christianity is purged as though just the mention of it, is inherently wrong or dangerous, while all other faiths and cultures are encouraged to celebrate, or actively celebrated,

is discrimination and a double standard.

It bothers me to see Western Civilization declining in front of me. That is why I am upset.

The double standard and discrimination demonstrated in the OP, is an offense against Christians in NZ.
There's no discrimination shown in the OP.
God is still in the prayer, Christians are still free to practice their faith.

You'll have to explain where you see a double standard I'm sorry.

Christianity is purged while Islam is celebrated.

That is not diversity, that is religious discrimination.
Christianity has not been 'purged'.
The prayer is more inclusive.
That's the opposite of discrimination.

When you single out ONE religion and don't allow public displays or references or practice to IT, but do for other religions,

that is religious discrimination.
There are Christian public displays, references and practices all the time.
In fact, there are several national holidays in the name of Jesus...one of them is even named after his surname.
Where's the discrimination again?

For now. But these actions, and the blatant anti-Christian bias shown by the Left, shows the path they want to go down.

I don't believe anyone has said that using Jesus' name is discriminating against anyone.
The idea of the change was to be more inclusive of all religions.

cnm said that very thing. And I've heard other liberals hold that basic position, so it is not just him.

And that is my point. The stated reason might be to be more inclusive. They always say some such shit.

But it is revealed to be a lie, by the way they are happy to have other efforts made to celebrate other SPECIFIC religions, such as the Muslim Call to Prayer as per the op.

The change to the parliamentary prayer would remove reference to SPECIFIC religions so any point you're making about discrimination is obviously wrong.
There was a nationwide screening of a Christian memorial service for the 9/11 victims in 2001.

The fact that you libs pretend that it is, to justify purging any mention or pubic display of Christianity shows that you libs are religious bigots and is discrimination against Christians, and Christianity.

The OP mentions a call to prayer observed nation wide. I'm sure the plenty of public officials specifically mentioned it to support it, and celebrate diversity and inclusion.

Tha act of mentionaing Christianity might not be discrimination...but neither is the act of not mentioning Christianity.
There was a call for a nationwide two minute silence and a televised remembrance service as well as a series of services throughout the country including Christian services.

The act of purging any mention of Christianity from public mention, is discrimination.

That Christianity is purged as though just the mention of it, is inherently wrong or dangerous, while all other faiths and cultures are encouraged to celebrate, or actively celebrated,

It would maybe be discrimination if mention of Christianity was "purged" in favour of mention of Muslim.
That hasn't happened.
You can rest easy.

There's no discrimination shown in the OP.
God is still in the prayer, Christians are still free to practice their faith.

You'll have to explain where you see a double standard I'm sorry.

When you single out ONE religion and don't allow public displays or references or practice to IT, but do for other religions,

In fact, there are several national holidays in the name of Jesus...one of them is even named after his surname.

For now. But these actions, and the blatant anti-Christian bias shown by the Left, shows the path they want to go down.
Oh right..."For now...but just wait and see what happens"

It would maybe be discrimination if mention of Christianity was "purged" in favour of mention of Muslim.
That hasn't happened.
You can rest easy.
----------------------------------------- I don't think so , after all , i think that the Personal name JESUS is what was removed wasn't it IDB ??

That hasn't happened.
You can rest easy.
----------------------------------------- I don't think so , after all , i think that the Personal name JESUS is what was removed wasn't it IDB ??
Oh well...instead of removing 'Jesus'...just add 'Muhammed'...problem solved eh PIMSOE?

Yup......it's started.

New Zealand Christians Outraged as Govt Removes All References to Jesus From Parliamentary Prayer
03-30-2019
Steve Warren

Just barely two weeks following the mosque shootings in Christchurch, New Zealand, the government has decided to remove all references to Jesus Christ from its parliamentary prayer.

The move by Speaker of the House Trevor Mallard has angered the country's Christian population. Mallard made the decision in order to drop references to Jesus in order to make the prayer "more inclusive" for all parliamentarians.

The Guardian reports a reference to "Almighty God" remains, but it is not a specific reference to a Christian God.

Earlier this week, around 1,000 people protested just outside of the parliament building in Wellington. The group wanted Jesus name reinstated in the prayer because Christianity is part of the nation's history.

Ross Smith, the organizer of the event, told Radio NZ the country has a Christian heritage that should not be erased.

"It's a legacy. The principals and the values that are in this nation are based on our Christian-Judea roots. Removing the name would destroy those roots," he said.

"He needs a good kick in his pants, and he needs to actually be removed because this is a Christian nation," protester Rieki Teutscher told Radio NZ. We don't share his atheism."

Another demonstrator, Carmel Morgan, said Mallard should have consulted with New Zealanders or announced a referendum before changing the prayer.

"This is a land of democracy, this is a land of freedom, you know, we want to be a first world country... he took that choice away from us."

Other New Zealand politicians also voiced their concern over the change made by the speaker without consulting the entire parliament.

Well, the decision as to what should be changed should be made by parliamentarians and not the speaker – that's our position, I don't mind telling you publicly," deputy prime minister Winston Peters told RadioNZ.

"If you're going to make a change let's have parliament decide – not one person," Peters added.

Mallard said he had consulted other politicians and the majority he spoke to were in favor of a secular prayer.

One week after a white supremacist gunman opened fire inside two mosques, killing 50 people, the entire country observed a Muslim call to prayer. The event was televised nationwide. New Zealand Christians Outraged as Govt Removes All References to Jesus From Parliamentary Prayer
----------------------------------------------------- i just did another very quick perusal of the OP . READ the OP again , its the PERSONAL Name of JESUS that was removed from the Parliamentary Prayer that is being objected to as you TRY to reshape the TRUTH and words from the article into something about Christianity IDB .

Oh right..."For now...but just wait and see what happens"

I addressed that in the two sentence post you "replied" to.

Try again.

go ahead , i'm just pointing out that YOU are trying to reshape or change the whole topic . The whole thing is the removal of JESUS Name IDB .

Yup......it's started.

New Zealand Christians Outraged as Govt Removes All References to Jesus From Parliamentary Prayer
03-30-2019
Steve Warren

Just barely two weeks following the mosque shootings in Christchurch, New Zealand, the government has decided to remove all references to Jesus Christ from its parliamentary prayer.

The move by Speaker of the House Trevor Mallard has angered the country's Christian population. Mallard made the decision in order to drop references to Jesus in order to make the prayer "more inclusive" for all parliamentarians.

The Guardian reports a reference to "Almighty God" remains, but it is not a specific reference to a Christian God.

Earlier this week, around 1,000 people protested just outside of the parliament building in Wellington. The group wanted Jesus name reinstated in the prayer because Christianity is part of the nation's history.

Ross Smith, the organizer of the event, told Radio NZ the country has a Christian heritage that should not be erased.

"It's a legacy. The principals and the values that are in this nation are based on our Christian-Judea roots. Removing the name would destroy those roots," he said.

"He needs a good kick in his pants, and he needs to actually be removed because this is a Christian nation," protester Rieki Teutscher told Radio NZ. We don't share his atheism."

Another demonstrator, Carmel Morgan, said Mallard should have consulted with New Zealanders or announced a referendum before changing the prayer.

"This is a land of democracy, this is a land of freedom, you know, we want to be a first world country... he took that choice away from us."

Other New Zealand politicians also voiced their concern over the change made by the speaker without consulting the entire parliament.

Well, the decision as to what should be changed should be made by parliamentarians and not the speaker – that's our position, I don't mind telling you publicly," deputy prime minister Winston Peters told RadioNZ.

"If you're going to make a change let's have parliament decide – not one person," Peters added.

Mallard said he had consulted other politicians and the majority he spoke to were in favor of a secular prayer.

One week after a white supremacist gunman opened fire inside two mosques, killing 50 people, the entire country observed a Muslim call to prayer. The event was televised nationwide. New Zealand Christians Outraged as Govt Removes All References to Jesus From Parliamentary Prayer
----------------------------------------------------- i just did another very quick perusal of the OP . READ the OP again , its the PERSONAL Name of JESUS that was removed from the Parliamentary Prayer that is being objected to as you TRY to reshape the TRUTH and words from the article into something about Christianity IDB .
I don't have to read the OP again....because I published it......that was my contention from the beginning.
Removing Jesus removes Christianity from the prayer. Maybe they want to replace Jesus with Muhammad.

yeah , maybe . Names are important all through history , Even my Real name comes from or with an Historical meaning . I put up the OP again because i think that i saw IDB trying to reshape the information in the OP . I think that the OP shows that the issue is the REMOVAL of JESUS Name because i think that JESUS is a minor Prophet in 'islam' but without the name of JESUS Christianity ceases to exist MWhistle .

The OP is the fake news spread on Twitter. The references to Jesus and the Queen were removed from the parliamentary prayer in 2017, not in response to the Christchurch attack.

Almighty God,

Humbly acknowledging our need for Thy guidance in all things, and laying aside all private and personal interests, we beseech Thee to grant that we may conduct the affairs of this House and of our country to the glory of Thy holy name, the maintenance of true religion and justice, the honour of the Queen, and the public welfare, peace, and tranquillity of New Zealand, through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Amen.

No, New Zealand did not remove references to Jesus from its parliamentary prayer in response to the Christchurch mosque shootings

• Thanks
Reactions: idb
The OP is the fake news spread on Twitter. The references to Jesus and the Queen were removed from the parliamentary prayer in 2017, not in response to the Christchurch attack.

Almighty God,

Humbly acknowledging our need for Thy guidance in all things, and laying aside all private and personal interests, we beseech Thee to grant that we may conduct the affairs of this House and of our country to the glory of Thy holy name, the maintenance of true religion and justice, the honour of the Queen, and the public welfare, peace, and tranquillity of New Zealand, through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Amen.

No, New Zealand did not remove references to Jesus from its parliamentary prayer in response to the Christchurch mosque shootings
Although this has been pointed out several times in this thread...it doesn't suit the narrative of those that need to be outraged.

Almighty God,

Amen.

Although this has been pointed out several times in this thread...it doesn't suit the narrative of those that need to be outraged.
I dont know why you are bothering. They are determined to be victimised. In fact they need it.

Forum List

Back