New Zealand: First They Took Their Guns.....Now They're Removing Jesus From Their Lives

But Christians do. And they have the right to publicly celebrate their faith and heritage.

Why are you offended by that? Why do you oppose that?
You realise that they still have that right...don't you?

Is the purging of any Christian references from the public prayer per the OP, a singular event, that will never be repeated or built upon?
I might be mistaken but I'm getting the distinct impression that you think the rights of Christians are being eroded.
Can you please identify where?
They can follow their faith openly and without impediment from the government.
They can wear t-shirts with a picture of Jesus in public, they can wear a cross around their necks, they can gather in buildings dedicated to the express worship of their chosen deity, they can perform ceremonies for noted social events such as weddings, births and deaths in the manner of their choosing...I'm not too sure where you think the oppression comes in.

When you have people pretending that any public mention of Jesus is "Discrimination" against non-Christians,

it is obvious that the goal is to discriminate against Christians,

AND that people who are so bigoted against Christians are probably already discriminating against them is what ever way they can get away with.
I don't believe anyone has said that using Jesus' name is discriminating against anyone.
The idea of the change was to be more inclusive of all religions.

Do you think God will disappear if we don't say the name of His son in the halls of power?
Isn't He supposed to be all-powerful?
-------------------------------------- The entire issue is simply the REMOVAL of the name Jesus IDB .

Joe certainly is a touchy-feely kind guy. Too many pictures of him doing just what was described for him to deny it.

Note the double standard.

Islam is observed nation wide, and that is fine.

Meanwhile any reference to Christianity is considered discrimination against everyone else.
I'd be interested in your best evidence of Christianity being discriminated against in favour of Islam in NZ.
Removing Jesus from the parliamentary prayer doesn't count because it hasn't been replaced with any Islamic reference.

Whys all of a sudden is Jesus offensive in NZ?

Liberals. They always find Christianity offensive. But now they have an excuse for their bigotry.
Why are you upset?
Where are Christians being offended against in NZ?

It bothers me to see Western Civilization declining in front of me. That is why I am upset.

The double standard and discrimination demonstrated in the OP, is an offense against Christians in NZ.
There's no discrimination shown in the OP.
God is still in the prayer, Christians are still free to practice their faith.

You'll have to explain where you see a double standard I'm sorry.

Those people are getting more bat shit crazy by the day.

No more pork to kiss the ass of the filthy Muslims.

Wellington NZ - Sources inside the NZ House of Parliament are reporting the overnight passage of a bill which will prohibit the production and consumption of pork and pork products across the nation.

Reports are circulating that PM Jacinda Ardern felt a compelling need to demonstrate the nation's solidarity with its Islamic population after the tragic events of last month.

"Our country must remove all impediments to continuing the peaceful and caring atmosphere of our Islamic population", Ardern is quoted as saying, "We need to cease any and all practices in the nation which might offend and must insure those beautiful, peaceful people aren't offended by our actions -such as the continued consumption of pork."

The legislation mandates the 'immediate cessation of the raising of pork for market' and will impose stiff fines and could result in prison time for violators.

After April 15th anyone found in possession of pork products could be sentenced to up to 37 years in prison, and repeat offenders could receive the death penalty.

President of the New Zealand Labour Party, Nigel Haworth is reported to be trying to determine the feasibility of a quick and complete conversion of NZ law to Sharia Law. "We need to support the Islamic Community and changing the basis of the NZ Constitution to Sharia Law will accomplish our goal", Haworth said in a statement Saturday.

NZ Police are posting a report form on their website by which people can turn in their pork and avoid the fines and prison time.

Why the U.S. and New Zealand's responses to mass shootings are so different
Your contribution to the discussion is a fairy story?

Wellington NZ - Sources inside the NZ House of Parliament are reporting the overnight passage of a bill which will prohibit the production and consumption of pork and pork products across the nation.

Reports are circulating that PM Jacinda Ardern felt a compelling need to demonstrate the nation's solidarity with its Islamic population after the tragic events of last month.

"Our country must remove all impediments to continuing the peaceful and caring atmosphere of our Islamic population", Ardern is quoted as saying, "We need to cease any and all practices in the nation which might offend and must insure those beautiful, peaceful people aren't offended by our actions -such as the continued consumption of pork."

The legislation mandates the 'immediate cessation of the raising of pork for market' and will impose stiff fines and could result in prison time for violators.

After April 15th anyone found in possession of pork products could be sentenced to up to 37 years in prison, and repeat offenders could receive the death penalty.

President of the New Zealand Labour Party, Nigel Haworth is reported to be trying to determine the feasibility of a quick and complete conversion of NZ law to Sharia Law. "We need to support the Islamic Community and changing the basis of the NZ Constitution to Sharia Law will accomplish our goal", Haworth said in a statement Saturday.

NZ Police are posting a report form on their website by which people can turn in their pork and avoid the fines and prison time.

My contribution is to ridicule the filthy SJW mentality in that fucked up country.

You realise that they still have that right...don't you?

Is the purging of any Christian references from the public prayer per the OP, a singular event, that will never be repeated or built upon?
I might be mistaken but I'm getting the distinct impression that you think the rights of Christians are being eroded.
They can wear t-shirts with a picture of Jesus in public, they can wear a cross around their necks, they can gather in buildings dedicated to the express worship of their chosen deity, they can perform ceremonies for noted social events such as weddings, births and deaths in the manner of their choosing...I'm not too sure where you think the oppression comes in.

When you have people pretending that any public mention of Jesus is "Discrimination" against non-Christians,

AND that people who are so bigoted against Christians are probably already discriminating against them is what ever way they can get away with.
I don't believe anyone has said that using Jesus' name is discriminating against anyone.

Do you think God will disappear if we don't say the name of His son in the halls of power?
-------------------------------------- The entire issue is simply the REMOVAL of the name Jesus IDB .
So, how is that discrimination?
The removal of Jesus as a favoured name above all others is the opposite of discrimination...it's being more inclusive.
You're objecting to the loss of discrimination in favour of your deity, if anything.

My contribution is to ridicule the filthy SJW mentality in that fucked up country.
I've no doubt you've done the best you can.

Actually I have done better in other threads.

I don't call it Discrimination . I simply say that the TRADITIONAL name of Jesus in the Parlimentary Prayer was removed by politicians . Its ok with me though but I think that 'new zealanders' should see the way things are going . There is a reason for the removal of Jesus name , imo 'IBD' .

Yup......it's started.

New Zealand Christians Outraged as Govt Removes All References to Jesus From Parliamentary Prayer
03-30-2019
Steve Warren

Just barely two weeks following the mosque shootings in Christchurch, New Zealand, the government has decided to remove all references to Jesus Christ from its parliamentary prayer.

The move by Speaker of the House Trevor Mallard has angered the country's Christian population. Mallard made the decision in order to drop references to Jesus in order to make the prayer "more inclusive" for all parliamentarians.

The Guardian reports a reference to "Almighty God" remains, but it is not a specific reference to a Christian God.

Earlier this week, around 1,000 people protested just outside of the parliament building in Wellington. The group wanted Jesus name reinstated in the prayer because Christianity is part of the nation's history.

Ross Smith, the organizer of the event, told Radio NZ the country has a Christian heritage that should not be erased.

"It's a legacy. The principals and the values that are in this nation are based on our Christian-Judea roots. Removing the name would destroy those roots," he said.

"He needs a good kick in his pants, and he needs to actually be removed because this is a Christian nation," protester Rieki Teutscher told Radio NZ. We don't share his atheism."

Another demonstrator, Carmel Morgan, said Mallard should have consulted with New Zealanders or announced a referendum before changing the prayer.

"This is a land of democracy, this is a land of freedom, you know, we want to be a first world country... he took that choice away from us."

Other New Zealand politicians also voiced their concern over the change made by the speaker without consulting the entire parliament.

Well, the decision as to what should be changed should be made by parliamentarians and not the speaker – that's our position, I don't mind telling you publicly," deputy prime minister Winston Peters told RadioNZ.

"If you're going to make a change let's have parliament decide – not one person," Peters added.

Mallard said he had consulted other politicians and the majority he spoke to were in favor of a secular prayer.

One week after a white supremacist gunman opened fire inside two mosques, killing 50 people, the entire country observed a Muslim call to prayer. The event was televised nationwide. New Zealand Christians Outraged as Govt Removes All References to Jesus From Parliamentary Prayer
In a country with vastly different religious beliefs like New Zealand, government should be neutral otherwise it invites accusations of religious discrimination and stirs up hatred. However, I think the timing of this decision is bad.
However, I think the timing of this decision is bad
What...October last year?
We're criticising the NZ government for not having the power of prescience now?
LIAR!!!
The article was dated on the 30th of March. This has nothing to do with October of last year.
Try clicking through to the reference Guardian article.
Here's a screenshot to help you.
Note the date of the article.
Yelling 'liar' doesn't change the one pesky fact that you're wrong and have been fooled by a misleading story.

View attachment 253460
Sorry, that's not the link I provided

Joe certainly is a touchy-feely kind guy. Too many pictures of him doing just what was described for him to deny it.

When I slam liberals for what they say or do, I am not slamming "christians" in that I am not slamming them for BEING christians.

When the New Zealand government purges Christianity from the public prayer, as it did, it is denying the heritage and faith of New Zealand Christians BECAUSE they are Christians.

if they were Muslims, their faith was and is, and will be publicly celebrated.

Different rules for different folks.

It is called religious discrimination.
Has the new prayer removed 'Jesus' and replaced it with 'Allah' or something?
Perhaps you're upset because the prayer no longer discriminates in favour of your faith.

Meanwhile any reference to Christianity is considered discrimination against everyone else.
I'd be interested in your best evidence of Christianity being discriminated against in favour of Islam in NZ.
Removing Jesus from the parliamentary prayer doesn't count because it hasn't been replaced with any Islamic reference.

Whys all of a sudden is Jesus offensive in NZ?
As far as I know he isn't.
Why do you think otherwise?

Why would the NZ government choose to NOW remove his name, and bend over backwards to accommodate Muslims? Who or what group is behind promoting Islam over Christianity? This is a Globalist trend.

If Jesus wasn't offensive to the NZ government why bother to remove his name? Why make a big deal out of it?
The source article for the OP was written by the Guardian in October last year.
How does it relate to the terrorist atack?

View attachment 253461
If anything the motherfuckers have been planning this since October.

I don't know why you stupid Moon Bats wouldn't want to immigrate to New Zealand. It has everything your little Libtard hearts would want.

No guns, Muslim worshiping, weak gilt ridden White people, queers, sheep, socialism and no nukes.

Libtard heaven, isn't it? The only thinking lacking are millions of Negroes on welfare. You Moon Bats love your welfare Negroes, don't you?

The NZ PM is your typical, Virtue Signaling, Social Justice Warrior IDIOT.

Plus, she is a Globalist puppet.

Don't forget that New Zealand is the place where the elites, big tech, Demrats and all these criminals have chosen to flee when the going gets tough!

They need the help of like-minded cabalist Jacinda Ardern, to clean up before they arrive!

By cleaning up I mean to take away guns from the population , so nobody can defend themselves, and to end freedom of expression in real life and online....in other words they need to control the people....so that the elites can have a safe life over there in New Zealand.;)

Wakey wakey all you real patriots in New Zealand, take your country back.

The removal of Jesus as a favoured name above all others is the opposite of discrimination...it's being more inclusive.
You're objecting to the loss of discrimination in favour of your deity, if anything.
Bullshit!!!!
Forcing people to adhere to the Islamic Call To Prayer while erasing Jesus from prayers in the state house is the very definition of discrimination.
You really need to stop with this play-acting at ignorance nonsense.......or is it an act??

I don't call it Discrimination . I simply say that the TRADITIONAL name of Jesus in the Parlimentary Prayer was removed by politicians . Its ok with me though but I think that 'new zealanders' should see the way things are going . There is a reason for the removal of Jesus name , imo 'IBD' .
Yes PIMSOE...there is a reason.
It's to be more inclusive of all citizens that live in NZ.

Bullshit!!!!
Forcing people to adhere to the Islamic Call To Prayer while erasing Jesus from prayers in the state house is the very definition of discrimination.
You really need to stop with this play-acting at ignorance nonsense.......or is it an act??
Wait...what?!!!
When were people forced "to adhere to the Islamic Call To Prayer"?

Yup......it's started.

New Zealand Christians Outraged as Govt Removes All References to Jesus From Parliamentary Prayer
03-30-2019
Steve Warren

Just barely two weeks following the mosque shootings in Christchurch, New Zealand, the government has decided to remove all references to Jesus Christ from its parliamentary prayer.

The move by Speaker of the House Trevor Mallard has angered the country's Christian population. Mallard made the decision in order to drop references to Jesus in order to make the prayer "more inclusive" for all parliamentarians.

The Guardian reports a reference to "Almighty God" remains, but it is not a specific reference to a Christian God.

Earlier this week, around 1,000 people protested just outside of the parliament building in Wellington. The group wanted Jesus name reinstated in the prayer because Christianity is part of the nation's history.

Ross Smith, the organizer of the event, told Radio NZ the country has a Christian heritage that should not be erased.

"It's a legacy. The principals and the values that are in this nation are based on our Christian-Judea roots. Removing the name would destroy those roots," he said.

"He needs a good kick in his pants, and he needs to actually be removed because this is a Christian nation," protester Rieki Teutscher told Radio NZ. We don't share his atheism."

Another demonstrator, Carmel Morgan, said Mallard should have consulted with New Zealanders or announced a referendum before changing the prayer.

"This is a land of democracy, this is a land of freedom, you know, we want to be a first world country... he took that choice away from us."

Other New Zealand politicians also voiced their concern over the change made by the speaker without consulting the entire parliament.

Well, the decision as to what should be changed should be made by parliamentarians and not the speaker – that's our position, I don't mind telling you publicly," deputy prime minister Winston Peters told RadioNZ.

"If you're going to make a change let's have parliament decide – not one person," Peters added.

Mallard said he had consulted other politicians and the majority he spoke to were in favor of a secular prayer.

One week after a white supremacist gunman opened fire inside two mosques, killing 50 people, the entire country observed a Muslim call to prayer. The event was televised nationwide. New Zealand Christians Outraged as Govt Removes All References to Jesus From Parliamentary Prayer
In a country with vastly different religious beliefs like New Zealand, government should be neutral otherwise it invites accusations of religious discrimination and stirs up hatred. However, I think the timing of this decision is bad.
However, I think the timing of this decision is bad
What...October last year?
We're criticising the NZ government for not having the power of prescience now?
LIAR!!!
The article was dated on the 30th of March. This has nothing to do with October of last year.
Try clicking through to the reference Guardian article.
Here's a screenshot to help you.
Note the date of the article.
Yelling 'liar' doesn't change the one pesky fact that you're wrong and have been fooled by a misleading story.

View attachment 253460
Sorry, that's not the link I provided
It's the reference article to your link.
In other words...and I'll type this very slowly for you...the article that you posted in your OP used the reporting in the article that I have screenshot for you as its basis.

I don't know why you stupid Moon Bats wouldn't want to immigrate to New Zealand. It has everything your little Libtard hearts would want.

No guns, Muslim worshiping, weak gilt ridden White people, queers, sheep, socialism and no nukes.

Libtard heaven, isn't it? The only thinking lacking are millions of Negroes on welfare. You Moon Bats love your welfare Negroes, don't you?
I'm guessing you don't get your information from Lonely Planet then.

Last edited:

Bullshit!!!!
I propose a compromise then.
Instead of removing Jesus from the Parliamentary Prayer, they add Allah.
Since you're so sensitive to perceived discrimination that should allay all your concerns.

no compromise from me even if I had the power . The name Jesus is Traditional , feck 'allah' . I prefer the example of what YOU leftys have done to remain visible . [I can't stand compromise as a general rule as it is weakness IBD] Maybe one or many of your 'new zealanders' will grow some Guts and get to work IBD .

but what does it really matter except that i'll be looking for more 'new zealand' news to see how low you guys go IBD .

Forum List

Back