New WHO estimate puts coronavirus death rate at only 0.13%

That's the same as saying a million dead people do not matter and never did. It's not over yet and there could be another million dead who you don't think are worth saving. Trying to downplay the pandemic is a noose republicans are tying for themselves.

Then it has to be more contagious than the flu, so more people spread it and catch it and die, can be the only reason we have so far 210,000 deaths from covid vs the flu avg yearly deaths of 36,000.

Once we have a vaccine like the flu vaccine, then our death count should resemble the flu deaths yearly.

Can't happen soon enough!

Then it has to be more contagious than the flu, so more people spread it and catch it and die, can be the only reason we have so far 210,000 deaths from covid vs the flu avg yearly deaths of 36,000.

Once we have a vaccine like the flu vaccine, then our death count should resemble the flu deaths yearly.

The mislabeling of "cause of death" has contributed significantly to these results. Obviously not in all cases, but certainly in many. Who knows how much of a % over estimation it is. Anywhere from 10-40%?

Considering the average age of those who die from this virus, I'd just guess it's probably on the higher estimate as opposed to the lower value in the range.

That's the same as saying a million dead people do not matter and never did. It's not over yet and there could be another million dead who you don't think are worth saving. Trying to downplay the pandemic is a noose republicans are tying for themselves.

Statistically not even a blip. Your appeal to emotion does not change that.

The Chinese released it, and the Democrats and their media have taken advantage of it.

What part of "the rate for seasonal flu" escaped you?

Statistically not even a blip. Your appeal to emotion does not change that.

The Chinese released it, and the Democrats and their media have taken advantage of it.

What part of "the rate for seasonal flu" escaped you?
Just like CV if you had the flu you would not think it's insignificant, that shit sucks. The entire Trumpublican Corona response has been that their neighbors and community are not even worth the trouble it takes to put a piece of cloth on your face.

The mislabeling of "cause of death" has contributed significantly to these results. Obviously not in all cases, but certainly in many. Who knows how much of a % over estimation it is. Anywhere from 10-40%?

Considering the average age of those who die from this virus, I'd just guess it's probably on the higher estimate as opposed to the lower value in the range.
It's my understanding that the doctors and hospitals get more government money if it is covid than if it is something else. So there is an incentive to label deaths as caused by covid.

That's the same as saying a million dead people do not matter and never did.

Most of them matter to someone. But, in a world where 55 million people die every year, a million dead from a non-preventable, natural catastrophe isn't the apocalypse.

If fact, twice the number die annually from lung cancer and we don't shut down the economy.

In fact, many people claim that lung cancer deaths are the fault of smokers.

Most of them matter to someone. But, in a world where 55 million people die every year, a million dead from a non-preventable, natural catastrophe isn't the apocalypse.

If fact, twice the number die annually from lung cancer and we don't shut down the economy.

What part of contagious, practically untreatable disease do you not understand?

No one knows how many people contract or die from annual flu.

We don't test for flu in the general population. Only people who die from flu-like symptoms and have no other contributing factors are counted as flu deaths.

If we tested for annual flu the same way we test for COVID-19, we may find it is much more contagious in the general population than we previously imagined.

Last year, if Grandma died in a nursing home, the death would have been attributed to whatever condition she was being treated for.

She would not have been tested for influenza, she would not have been listed as a flu death.

This year, if you get hit by a bus and you're COVID positive, you're a COVID death.

In 2017 some 80,000 people died in the US from the flu with vaccines and treatments and 900,000 were hospitalized:

This hysteria has to stop. Enough already - lock up the old people and let the economy soar.

It's my understanding that the doctors and hospitals get more government money if it is covid than if it is something else. So there is an incentive to label deaths as caused by covid.
Yeah, I keep hearing that, but it's pennies, nothing worth the humongous conspiracy of Doctors and Coroners in ALL STATES, breaking their oath of practicians by lying on a death certificate, risk being charged with fraud and losing their licence over it....

The whole right wing manufactured conspiracy is absurd, imo. ABSURD to the nth degree!!! Most doctors don't even work for the hospitals, they work for Doctor placing Companies, and get paid by these companies, not hospitals.... And there is no money going in to the pockets of doctors, thousands of them across the U.S. for them to lie about their covid patient's deaths..... They also know how important it is, on this new virus, to get the counts right, so that we can compare it to other viruses and learn how different treatments work, and a whole bunch of things....

The idea that all these doctors are being accused of being felons for fraud, is just awful....when they are putting their own lives on the line, trying to save t h see covid patients.....

Shame on the suggestion!!! Imo

Last year, if Grandma died in a nursing home, the death would have been attributed to whatever condition she was being treated for.

She would not have been tested for influenza, she would not have been listed as a flu death.

This year, if you get hit by a bus and you're COVID positive, you're a COVID death.
That's simply not true.... if grandma had t h e flu and died or they thought she had the flu and died, it would be listed as influenza on her death certificate, from all that I have read on it.

you are actually RIGHT---however the real issue is that the virus is SO DAMNED infectious. It has virtually swept the whole planet. While people do die of seasonal flu, it is not all that
INVASIVE. As a pandemic, it is doing what
other pandemics have done---SPREADING
AROUND. I am so old that I actually remember
the POLIO EPIDEMIC----keep in mind, most people EXPOSED to that one, did not get sick, but it was bad enough to keep kids out of public swimming pools (broke my 4 year old heart)

Duh

Lung cancer is not CONTAGIOUS.....

Forum List

Back