Scheduled for a couple of extractions in 2 weeks

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
Front, lower incisors, they say it shouldn't be a problem. I know it was a struggle when I had a molar pulled But the fee will be $150 for each.

Has anyone here saved the money and did it themselves?

Front, lower incisors, they say it shouldn't be a problem. I know it was a struggle when I had a molar pulled But the fee will be $150 for each.

I did one,,it was no big deal once I got a hold of it,,,

Damn! If they pull two during the same sitting, they should do the second one for half price.

Some years back I knew a guy that did this. I don't know if it was the angle he pulled it or what, but it fractured his jaw and turned into a horrible and expensive mess.

Fell of a roof when I was 17 and landed in the push up position.
Thank God my tongue wasnt out or I would have bit it off,but I did shatter 90% of my molars.
After 30 years of bridge work and all the troubles those entail I finally said fuck it and had all the teeth I had left yanked and went with implants.
It was a miserable year of constant dental appointments but now that it's done I couldnt be happier.
They work almost as good as the originals and I never have to worry about cavities. :)
Hell,I can even eat Beef Jerky!!

Thank God my tongue wasnt out or I would have bit it off,but I did shatter 90% of my molars.
After 30 years of bridge work and all the troubles those entail I finally said fuck it and had all the teeth I had left yanked and went with implants.
It was a miserable year of constant dental appointments but now that it's done I couldnt be happier.
They work almost as good as the originals and I never have to worry about cavities. :)
So the advertisements on TV for implants aren't quite true, that it takes only one day and they are as good as new.

Why don't you call your savior Dr. Trump? He seems to know a lot about medicine. Maybe he will tell you to drink bleach, and a gallon of Mad Dog 20/20, tie a string to your tooth, the other end to a door and slam it. Good luck buddy!

So the advertisements on TV for implants aren't quite true, that it takes only one day and they are as good as new.

Yeah thats total BS. You have to wait until your gums heal after the extractions before they can install the threaded part in to your jawbone,then you have to wait for the bone to grow around the implanted parts before they can put in the final product.
It takes around a year all told before they're done.

Yeah thats total BS. You have to wait until your gums heal after the extractions before they can install the threaded part in to your jawbone,then you have to wait for the bone to grow around the implanted parts before they can put in the final product.

It definitely does take time to heal after implant surgery, at least 4 months to get the implant to merge with your bone. But you are wrong about having to wait after extractions. If you have an unrestorable tooth in your mouth you want to replace with an implant, they can extract and put in the implant on the same day. I have 3 implants I had put in 4 years ago and one of the teeth I was having replaced was still in my mouth. They screwed in the implant right after the extraction.

It definitely does take time to heal after implant surgery, at least 4 months to get the implant to merge with your bone. But you are wrong about having to wait after extractions. If you have an unrestorable tooth in your mouth you want to replace with an implant, they can extract and put in the implant on the same day. I have 3 implants I had put in 4 years ago and one of the teeth I was having replaced was still in my mouth. They screwed in the implant right after the extraction.

In my case they removed all of my remaining teeth and had to put in stitches due to the amount of cutting they had to do. I had to wait until those came out before they went in and installed the anchors.
I went straight from extraction to the orthodontist where they placed temporary dentures that sucked like a mofo and were generally useless to eat with while my gums finished healing.
This wasnt a few teeth,it was all of the ones I had left,basically the twelve teeth I had left after falling off the roof so it's a bit different.
They dont put in individual teeth in this situation they put four anchor up top and four on the bottom and the dentures are locked into place with pins and snap in inserts.
I remove them every night and toss em in the old Polident cleaning tablets like you'd do with regular dentures.
Like I said though,they work pretty much as good as the real deal and I can eat whatever I want without issue.

In my case they removed all of my remaining teeth and had to put in stitches due to the amount of cutting they had to do. I had to wait until those came out before they went in and installed the anchors.
I went straight from extraction to the orthodontist where they placed temporary dentures that sucked like a mofo and were generally useless to eat with while my gums finished healing.
This wasnt a few teeth,it was all of the ones I had left,basically the twelve teeth I had left after falling off the roof so it's a bit different.
They dont put in individual teeth in this situation they put four anchor up top and four on the bottom and the dentures are locked into place with pins and snap in inserts.
I remove them every night and toss em in the old Polident cleaning tablets like you'd do with regular dentures.
Like I said though,they work pretty much as good as the real deal and I can eat whatever I want without issue.

Your situation is a lot different than mine for sure. I only had the implants to replace 3 teeth, not for a full mouth. Having a lot of teeth extracted at one time is pretty much major surgery.

Your situation is a lot different than mine for sure. I only had the implants to replace 3 teeth, not for a full mouth. Having a lot of teeth extracted at one time is pretty much major surgery.

Oh it was.
They had to bring in an anesthesiologist and it took 6 hours total to remove them and stitch me up.
From what he told me a lot of the time is spent on removing bone fragments after the extraction so they dont work their way out at a later date which would cause problems down the road.
While I was healing I picked out bone fragments from my gums for two weeks as they made their way to the surface.

And talk about expensive!!!!!
40k before it was all said and done!!! And insurance only paid for the extractions which was minimal.

And talk about expensive!!!!!
40k before it was all said and done!!! And insurance only paid for the extractions which was minimal.

I believe that entirely, in fact I would have guessed more. For my 3 teeth, the bills added up to almost $9000 or $3000 a tooth. You had 28 teeth replaced, that's $1500 a tooth

Forum List

Back