New Web Site Format

Status
Not open for further replies.
Change frightens me
The only thing constant in an evolving world is change-

In a sense change also frightens me.....but

:)
View attachment 314443

May I say.........the words, fonts or whatever the names are....are so faded.....like everything is washed up? can we make these letters with more contrast? it's a little bit of a strain on the eye.....just saying.
I keep hearing this over and over again from many folks. . it looks fine to me. Are you using a tablet, smart phone, or viewing it on a PC? :dunno:

Me too, that struck me immediately upon first view, hence all the commentary about "too white" and washed-out appearance and glare. Upon further review it could be not that the background is too white but that the font is too indistinct, i.e. opposite of bold. They did raise the point size last night, which helped, but it still looks like you're posting with a shade of grey instead of black.
Either that, or it could just be folks display settings vis-à-vis this particular software?

Why would it show up the same way for so many posters, who changed nothing?
Do you mean we all have to turn our brightness down? Because I did that, first thing. Too much squinting. I was about to go out to the car to get sunglasses.

So far I find it chaotic and harder to read, Also harder on the eyes..
Takes time to adjust though

There is a thumbs down button? Where? Personally, I doubt I would ever use it. I like the buttons we had.

I found it. Turned it down a smidge cuz otherwise it makes the other places I visit too dark.
And I found the thumbs down thingy. Hover over the LIKE button and other ones show up.

Hey @Ridgerunner

Look, the Zippo button is back! :eusa_dance:

Life is getting better…

Speaking of Zippo's, 25 years ago I had little over 250 of their quality lighters... I collected them for about 20 years... I traded them for a 1959 Chevrolet Apache with a 283... It was rough around the edges and in the middle... I said I was going to fix that Truck up and drive it to Bradford, Pa. but alas time got away from me... And so did the truck... :dunno:

Last edited:
I've noticed that I've followed my usual behavior when it comes to website changes.

On Days One and Two, it's GOD DAMN IT THEY CHANGED THE SITE FUCK I CAN'T FIND ANYTHING HOW DOES THIS WORK FUCK FUCKIN' PEOPLE I HATE THIS SHIT FUCK

By Day Three I don't even remember that they changed it.

In general, I've learned to just ignore me.

Nesting is not always setting up properly when replying

I've noticed that I've followed my usual behavior when it comes to website changes.

On Days One and Two, it's GOD DAMN IT THEY CHANGED THE SITE FUCK I CAN'T FIND ANYTHING HOW DOES THIS WORK FUCK FUCKIN' PEOPLE I HATE THIS SHIT FUCK

By Day Three I don't even remember that they changed it.

In general, I've learned to just ignore me.
Even I learned to navigate

But I still like the old format better

Oh and we need the FUNNY & AGREE button back. And PLEASE ditch the thumbs down button as the numbnuts will overwhelm a lot of folks with that. We don't need a lot of negativity right now.

The “Funny” button had come to be widely used and understood as a “Thumbs Down” button, mainly because we didn't have a proper Thumbs Down” button.

I know but places like the Coffee Shop used it to express amusement. But the 'funny & agree' button was also useful in that regard especially when you were dealing with people who would vote down your post if you just said good morning. Before they removed the thumbs down button last time, many posters, even those making good posts/points/arguments, found mostly thumbs down in their notification box every time they logged in and it was not a good thing.

So please ditch the THUMBS DOWN.

Oh and we need the FUNNY & AGREE button back. And PLEASE ditch the thumbs down button as the numbnuts will overwhelm a lot of folks with that. We don't need a lot of negativity right now.

The “Funny” button had come to be widely used and understood as a “Thumbs Down” button, mainly because we didn't have a proper Thumbs Down” button.

I know but places like the Coffee Shop used it to express amusement. But the 'funny & agree' button was also useful in that regard especially when you were dealing with people who would vote down your post if you just said good morning. Before they removed the thumbs down button last time, many posters, even those making good posts/points/arguments, found mostly thumbs down in their notification box every time they logged in and it was not a good thing.

So please ditch the THUMBS DOWN.

Indeed. It's used a lot for personal animosity, and not for genuine disagreement.

I didn't think about turning down the brightness of my pc...but...I hate fiddling with gadgetry, hate windows10 and have no clue where to find it to do it.:wtf:

It will be on your computer, not on Windows.

For me (on a Dell) I hold Function and use the down (or up) arrow. Worth a try. Once you find it, it's easy, and handy for changing light levels in your environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back