New Web Site Format

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the legs Kat but the new layout is for the birds. This is one of those “not no but hell no moments”. You have reduced the choices, plain janed the presentation, and made the whole layout less appealing. Whose idea was the baby blue. Is this to reduce our rage or is it subliminal so that we will vote democratic in the fall? It is a failure on every level. First we had the annoying and obtrusive ads and now we have a kindergarten layout. Don’t fix it if it ain’t broken. Please go back to the old style and admit you have made a colossal mistake.
I sure thought the old format was simple and great. Yes it could have used a few more add ons or options, but wow this was an eye opener. Personally I don't like it, but that's just me.

I'm still getting notifications of twelve-deep conversations that have nothing to do with me.

See? That's what I was talking about...…...getting caught up in some pissfest. Don't like it, do ya?

But that's been an issue that many have complained about long before this upgrade.

Yabbut you wanted ALL of them gone. Don't make me quote you, I'll do it. :poke:

Oh btw guess what else. The smilies you use get saved as sort-of "favorites" on a top line, so you can find 'em next time quickly.

Thank me later. :rofl:

Oh and you'll also notice you're the FIRST one I notified. :)

sorry, but if you're looking for browny points...…...check your nose

If 2 or more posters get into a pissfest that last well into 10 or 15 or more quotes back & forth....then even if a limit is imposed on how far back the quotes carry forward........then those first quotes (yours, mine, or anyone else) would have then dropped out and USUALLY only those in the argument are left......right?? But under the current and previous system, it still catches back to the first.

So there's that

Yeah I know, and I never suggested there should be no limit. That's where they set it, for whatever reason.
What I said was that there should be some nesting, so we all know the context.

So there's that.

I'm on another board that if someone responded to someone else by quoting, then that is quoted...…..it only picks up the last quote. If you want the one before that, you have to do an extra click but it doesn't carry forward automatically and there isn't pages of quotes or alerts from doing so.

And the majority of the time, when you quote someone's post...….you are addressing the one persons last post...….not all the previous ones. And that's probably because you've already addressed a comment or a dozen, previously within the string

Oh and we need the FUNNY & AGREE button back. And PLEASE ditch the thumbs down button as the numbnuts will overwhelm a lot of folks with that. We don't need a lot of negativity right now.

The “Funny” button had come to be widely used and understood as a “Thumbs Down” button, mainly because we didn't have a proper Thumbs Down” button.

Oh and we need the FUNNY & AGREE button back. And PLEASE ditch the thumbs down button as the numbnuts will overwhelm a lot of folks with that. We don't need a lot of negativity right now.

The “Funny” button had come to be widely used and understood as a “Thumbs Down” button, mainly because we didn't have a proper Thumbs Down” button.
That might be true, but it also allowed me to acknowledge a funny post. I am still here for you Fneeco.

Just a little suggestion...may I? not essencial but ...would be nice

Its about the eagle logo on top of the page...where its says USMBoard.... "Where your voices count"

The top of the eagle's wings fade away into the blue background :(.....can you put the eagle inside a white square? so that the whole eagle shows, wings and all?

The symbol of the Eagle is so beautiful.....it's freedom ...it's liberty....it's America....

Please make it whole.

Thank you'all mods.

Its about the eagle logo on top of the page...where its says USMBoard.... "Where your voices count"

The top of the eagle's wings fade away into the blue background :(.....can you put the eagle inside a white square? so that the whole eagle shows, wings and all?

The symbol of the Eagle is so beautiful.....it's freedom ...it's liberty....it's America....

Please make it whole.

Thank you'all mods.

Thank You skye … Very apropos at this time... If I could give you a winner rep I would... :thup::thup::thup:

Please make it whole.

Thank you'all mods.

Thank You skye … Very apropos at this time... If I could give you a winner rep I would... :thup::thup::thup:

Why, thank you Sir :biggrin:

. . mmm. . must be dependant on your browser then. I use firefox, and the old software was not secure on Firefox. I had to make an exception for my fire wall and ad blocker. It really bothered me. This site was the least secure thing I did on-line. It was some really shady crap till the upgrade.

Have you noticed an improvement in site speed/loading speed? The https/http2 switch should have improved the speed of page loads greatly.
Yup, just come on. The site is now quicker to come up than FB is. :heehee:

Change frightens me
The only thing constant in an evolving world is change-

In a sense change also frightens me.....but

:)
View attachment 314443

May I say.........the words, fonts or whatever the names are....are so faded.....like everything is washed up? can we make these letters with more contrast? it's a little bit of a strain on the eye.....just saying.
I keep hearing this over and over again from many folks. . it looks fine to me. Are you using a tablet, smart phone, or viewing it on a PC? :dunno:

Change frightens me

View attachment 314443

May I say.........the words, fonts or whatever the names are....are so faded.....like everything is washed up? can we make these letters with more contrast? it's a little bit of a strain on the eye.....just saying.
I keep hearing this over and over again from many folks. . it looks fine to me. Are you using a tablet, smart phone, or viewing it on a PC? :dunno:

Using a normal bigger laptop

Please to all those concerned.....make the beautiful eagle whole again....top of the wings and all! Thank you

Change frightens me

View attachment 314443

Me too, that struck me immediately upon first view, hence all the commentary about "too white" and washed-out appearance and glare. Upon further review it could be not that the background is too white but that the font is too indistinct, i.e. opposite of bold. They did raise the point size last night, which helped, but it still looks like you're posting with a shade of grey instead of black.

Change frightens me

View attachment 314443

Me too, that struck me immediately upon first view, hence all the commentary about "too white" and washed-out appearance and glare. Upon further review it could be not that the background is too white but that the font is too indistinct, i.e. opposite of bold. They did raise the point size last night, which helped, but it still looks like you're posting with a shade of grey instead of black.
Either that, or it could just be folks display settings vis-à-vis this particular software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back