New used puter

Shawnee_b

Platinum Member
Dec 8, 2019
South Central KY
Pretty cool. Tower has prob twice the space of my older Dell Inspiron (6 years or so) I don't know alot about it. Buddy I knew 11 years, comp head built it for himself. Then got a huge laptop wanted to sell it. Case is YUUUUGE, got a clear side, see everything. Very open all sides, good cooling. Motherboard I guess, it wouldn't even fit my Dell, got like neon on it, blue, purple, green. 5 cooling fans (Therm controlled). 2 hard drives both a T. (got a T backup portable too so 3T) One standard, he says you won't lose everything like an SSD. Got one of those SSD too, think all OP is on that. Fast? Seconds. Got a thing like half a dollar bill square, guess core, ASUS. Says powered by EVGA if I read it right. Thing with heat sinks, Saphire with Nitro on top. Light it off says sign into Fury. Think PS, (2 fans on it) got an owl and Noctua on it. Oh see a Ryzen 7 sticker and a GSkill. Not sure what i got but kicks ass on the Dell. Wanted 500-550. gave him a Tokarev 9mm, 100 rounds, $200. Happy. Stream? Like a mofo! My old laptop audio and video would lag, bad.

Sure some of you will know what it is. Can't get a pic. Got a HTC one M8 phone, either puter doesn't always pick it up. Says "not recognized, get new device" WTF

Pretty cool. Tower has prob twice the space of my older Dell Inspiron (6 years or so) I don't know alot about it. Buddy I knew 11 years, comp head built it for himself. Then got a huge laptop wanted to sell it. Case is YUUUUGE, got a clear side, see everything. Very open all sides, good cooling. Motherboard I guess, it wouldn't even fit my Dell, got like neon on it, blue, purple, green. 5 cooling fans (Therm controlled). 2 hard drives both a T. (got a T backup portable too so 3T) One standard, he says you won't lose everything like an SSD. Got one of those SSD too, think all OP is on that. Fast? Seconds. Got a thing like half a dollar bill square, guess core, ASUS. Says powered by EVGA if I read it right. Thing with heat sinks, Saphire with Nitro on top. Light it off says sign into Fury. Think PS, (2 fans on it) got an owl and Noctua on it. Oh see a Ryzen 7 sticker and a GSkill. Not sure what i got but kicks ass on the Dell. Wanted 500-550. gave him a Tokarev 9mm, 100 rounds, $200. Happy. Stream? Like a mofo! My old laptop audio and video would lag, bad.

Sure some of you will know what it is. Can't get a pic. Got a HTC one M8 phone, either puter doesn't always pick it up. Says "not recognized, get new device" WTF
Good for you, Shawn! When I first glanced at your thread title, I thought this thread MAY be about golf equipment........

HWinFO64 is a free professional hardware information and diagnostics tool. Install it and it will tell you exactly what's on your system, more information than you could ever want unless you're a pro. If you chose to use it you download the Installer (not Portable), click on the green "Free Download" then select "Local" from the drop down Menu.
EVGA is one of the best GPU (video card) manufacturers that uses NVidia software although you listed Saphire which is a competitor brand using NVidia software. You may have two GPUs, and EVGA and a Saphire or there's a built in EVGA chip on the mobo. ASUS is the mobo (motherboard) manufacturer, AMD makes the Ryzen CPUs (processors), Ryzen 7 is a great processor and GSkill is the brand of RAM (memory). What you have is a gaming rig and you got a super deal.

Sounds like a sweet deal! Congrats! Just bought a Dell 9020 mini tower system, i-7-3770 CPU at 3.40 Ghz, 3TB HD. Beats the heck out of my Dell Inspiron Laptop, the hard drive crashed on. I wish I had the full size tower, but went with the deal. Didn't lose anything on the crash. I stay backed up on a 3 TB Passport drive and knew it was biting the dust. Happy so far, but wish I had the full size tower and cooling fan system like yours. Nice to have room to work and cool is everything in the long run.

I have access to all puters at my office. ;)
1589053152626.png

No. I'd never live in Utah.

Sounds like a sweet deal! Congrats! Just bought a Dell 9020 mini tower system, i-7-3770 CPU at 3.40 Ghz, 3TB HD. Beats the heck out of my Dell Inspiron Laptop, the hard drive crashed on. I wish I had the full size tower, but went with the deal. Didn't lose anything on the crash. I stay backed up on a 3 TB Passport drive and knew it was biting the dust. Happy so far, but wish I had the full size tower and cooling fan system like yours. Nice to have room to work and cool is everything in the long run.
Hard drives are fairly easy to replace in a laptop, not so much in a notebook. You can look up what the replacement part is but don't buy it from Dell, theirs are expensive. You can also replace it with a SSD instead of a HDD. What specific model is the Dell Laptop?

Hard drives are fairly easy to replace in a laptop, not so much in a notebook. You can look up what the replacement part is but don't buy it from Dell, theirs are expensive. You can also replace it with a SSD instead of a HDD. What specific model is the Dell Laptop?
Don't actually remember. Bought it new off the shelf back in 2010, when I was doing DoD contractor work after the crash and didn't want to permanently relocate. Figured 10 years on a laptop, still running Windows 7 was long enough and let it go to the landfill. Didn't like working inside laptop. Even adding ram was a pain. I don't travel with anything more now than a Fire and an Iphone anymore. So figured it was time go back bigger screen (my eyes starting to suck), and get to know Windows 10 like more modern people. Haven't even looked inside this mini-tower. Hope I don't have to.

Don't actually remember. Bought it new off the shelf back in 2010, when I was doing DoD contractor work after the crash and didn't want to permanently relocate. Figured 10 years on a laptop, still running Windows 7 was long enough and let it go to the landfill. Didn't like working inside laptop. Even adding ram was a pain. I don't travel with anything more now than a Fire and an Iphone anymore. So figured it was time go back bigger screen (my eyes starting to suck), and get to know Windows 10 like more modern people. Haven't even looked inside this mini-tower. Hope I don't have to.
Fair enough.

Good for you, Shawn! When I first glanced at your thread title, I thought this thread MAY be about golf equipment........
I can't golf. Worlds worst slicer. I was in an electricians tournment once. Maybe 40 people. I just missed worlds worst golfer. Only he dead now so I should get the title. Poor fuk loved his Chi mother ODd at her funeral. Good guy, just a drunk druggie,that got him. But he was my buddy.

Thanks White, I'm happy with it. My inspiron crashed too, replaced HD. No disc had to get drives and all on a usb off my laptop. Wonder I was able to but still running.

HWinFO64 is a free professional hardware information and diagnostics tool. Install it and it will tell you exactly what's on your system, more information than you could ever want unless you're a pro. If you chose to use it you download the Installer (not Portable), click on the green "Free Download" then select "Local" from the drop down Menu.
EVGA is one of the best GPU (video card) manufacturers that uses NVidia software although you listed Saphire which is a competitor brand using NVidia software. You may have two GPUs, and EVGA and a Saphire or there's a built in EVGA chip on the mobo. ASUS is the mobo (motherboard) manufacturer, AMD makes the Ryzen CPUs (processors), Ryzen 7 is a great processor and GSkill is the brand of RAM (memory). What you have is a gaming rig and you got a super deal.

I'm lost Bro. Pro? yeah right wonder I can turn on and shut down. I'll look but probably give me heart pains. Thank you for the info though, I understand part of it. Yes a gamer. Thought it was a good deal and try to sell a puter around here! I like it. Says Fury when I sign on. I dunno but fast and works great.

Forum List

Back