Liking The New Microsoft Edge

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
Yep, all redone, looks pretty nice actually. Microsoft is pushing it hard with their last update so I took a look at it and like it. Been wanting to get away from google chrome for obvious reasons, but had no idea chrome was such a resource hog on your computer. Makes sense now though. Heard the fan on my new Dell laptop with 16G of ram and a 256Mb SSD, runs nice a fast but lots of things on the net using chrome seem to kick the fan on. In any case, here's a quick article about the all new Microsoft Edge. I have both installed as of right now, and going to use the new Edge since it eats less than HALF your computers resources that chrome does, and if I like it, I'm dumping chrome. Just sick of google...

Just after one day I can say I like this a lot. Have unpinned google chrome from my task bar and won't be using it anymore. The new Edge renders just as fast if not faster than chrome, and I haven't heard the fan kick in on my laptop viewing local weather radar loops or youtube. In my opinion Microsoft has made a huge improvement here and really stepped up. I see no reason to use the resource hungry chrome with all it's intrusiveness that comes with google any more.

Yep, all redone, looks pretty nice actually. Microsoft is pushing it hard with their last update so I took a look at it and like it. Been wanting to get away from google chrome for obvious reasons, but had no idea chrome was such a resource hog on your computer. Makes sense now though. Heard the fan on my new Dell laptop with 16G of ram and a 256Mb SSD, runs nice a fast but lots of things on the net using chrome seem to kick the fan on. In any case, here's a quick article about the all new Microsoft Edge. I have both installed as of right now, and going to use the new Edge since it eats less than HALF your computers resources that chrome does, and if I like it, I'm dumping chrome. Just sick of google...

Dell still makes computers

Just after one day I can say I like this a lot. Have unpinned google chrome from my task bar and won't be using it anymore. The new Edge renders just as fast if not faster than chrome, and I haven't heard the fan kick in on my laptop viewing local weather radar loops or youtube. In my opinion Microsoft has made a huge improvement here and really stepped up. I see no reason to use the resource hungry chrome with all it's intrusiveness that comes with google any more.
Best browser currently.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Broadcaster I do pro-bono work for has twelve DELL computers. They only use eight in the automation system at any given time. At the moment two of the four spares have been sent out for repair and two are waiting to be used. I rather fear they're going to run out of spares before any of the repair cases come home.

No, I work only on analog audio and transmission systems. I do not "do" Windows.

Broadcaster I do pro-bono work for has twelve DELL computers. They only use eight in the automation system at any given time. At the moment two of the four spares have been sent out for repair and two are waiting to be used. I rather fear they're going to run out of spares before any of the repair cases come home.

No, I work only on analog audio and transmission systems. I do not "do" Windows.
I never owned a Dell before, but I bought a Dell laptop and a little higher end desktop that I use for video editing including 4K...

I'm impressed with the build quality and both have run flawlessly.

But I've heard the fans kick in even on that desktop using chrome. Haven't heard a fan since I started using the new Edge.

Last edited:
The habit of developers to offer online-installers is quite annoying but at least edge generates a full installer when you update the browser and stores it in the Microsoft folder under Edge Update.
This file will install Edge offline and I consider adding the file to my custom Windows image to have a current browser installed with Windows.

commjajld.jpg

I hope the /q (edge does not offer a setup interface) will cause edge to not open after setup.

Everyone's happy for you.......... That's a nice way of saying no one gives a shit. :thup:

Believe it or not Edge Chromium has become my primary browser on my Windows gamer but then again I rarely go online except for Steam on the gamer.

Be careful when considering reviews because MS buys tons of advertising and that's one of the ways MS destroyed all their competition...You want advertising revenue, you better give MS the edge in all reviews.

The issue is if Edge won't eat my computers up as it's done for the last year or so.

I never owned a Dell before, but I bought a Dell laptop and a little higher end desktop that I use for video editing including 4K...

I'm impressed with the build quality and both have run flawlessly.

But I've heard the fans kick in even on that desktop using chrome. Haven't heard a fan since I started using the new Edge.
Chrome does leave a shitload of fragmented files all over my harddrive.

Be careful when considering reviews because MS buys tons of advertising and that's one of the ways MS destroyed all their competition...You want advertising revenue, you better give MS the edge in all reviews.

The issue is if Edge won't eat my computers up as it's done for the last year or so.
It shouldn't as Microsoft dropped the old EdgeHTML rendering engine in favor of the new Chromium engine. If you're a Chrome user there'll be little to no learning curve with the new Edge.

It shouldn't as Microsoft dropped the old EdgeHTML rendering engine in favor of the new Chromium engine. If you're a Chrome user there'll be little to no learning curve with the new Edge.
At least somebody here knows what they're talking about.
I figured the Indian H1-Bs can't write efficient code to save their lives; thankfully Chrome was paid to help.

Last edited:

At least somebody here know what they're talking about.
I figured the Indian H1-Bs can't write efficient code to save their lives; thankfully Chrome was paid to help.
Microsoft finally figured out their own creation lost the leadership to Chrome waaaay back and would never regain top dog browser status if they didn't do something radical. So if you can't fight em on your own ground fight em on theirs using their weapons........ With the new Edge Chrome Extensions are available but the end used has to agree to using Chrome Extensions on Microsoft Edge. Microsoft says they can't guarantee the Chrome Extensions are safe on Edge because they can't "verify" them. Chrome of course states using their Extensions on Edge isn't safe because they can't monitor and protect those Extensions....... Microsoft has it's own Extension pack, many of which are also Chrome Extensions, MS just doesn't have the number of Extensions yet but that's to be expected, it's brand new.

At least somebody here know what they're talking about.
Microsoft finally figured out their own creation lost the leadership to Chrome waaaay back and would never regain top dog browser status if they didn't do something radical. So if you can't fight em on your own ground fight em on theirs using their weapons........ With the new Edge Chrome Extensions are available but the end used has to agree to using Chrome Extensions on Microsoft Edge. Microsoft says they can't guarantee the Chrome Extensions are safe on Edge because they can't "verify" them. Chrome of course states using their Extensions on Edge isn't safe because they can't monitor and protect those Extensions....... Microsoft has it's own Extension pack, many of which are also Chrome Extensions, MS just doesn't have the number of Extensions yet but that's to be expected, it's brand new.
In other words, H1-Bs don't know how to read well written code.
In fact, they always have to write the every OS from scratch because they can't even read their own crap.

New Topics

Forum List

Back