New special envoy for LBGTQ rights

LGBTQs have been a specially targeted demographic group both in the U.S. and abroad, if you haven't noticed. Their rights and even physical safety have been attacked for a long time. Flying the rainbow flag is a good way of showing that the U.S. supports human rights and is against scapegoating, a practice of evil people that has caused so much misery and death to so many innocent people in so many demographic groups throughout the centuries.

LGBTQs have been a specially targeted demographic group both in the U.S. and abroad, if you haven't noticed. Their rights and even physical safety have been attacked for a long time. Flying the rainbow flag is a good way of showing that the U.S. supports human rights and is against scapegoating, a practice of evil people that has caused so much misery and death to so many innocent people in so many demographic groups throughout the centuries.

I don't disagree with that but now it seems they are going overboard. It is ok to be gay or a trans, but there is no need to be flying flags about it. That seems more like an agenda then anything. People could really care less about their sex lives.

I don't disagree with that but now it seems they are going overboard. It is ok to be gay or a trans, but there is no need to be flying flags about it. That seems more like an agenda then anything. People could really care less about their sex lives.
It's only during Pride Month. I get what you mean, though--do they fly flags for Black History Month? Women's History Month? Hispanic Heritage Month? Is there a month for Asians? Jews? Do they all have flags?

I'm kinda old fashioned about our flag. I like to see it at the top of the flagpole, not at halfmast all the time. The state flag included at state institutions and at embassies the flag of the host country is reasonable, but I'd rather see a big banner on the embassy wall, kind of like a giant poster, honoring a special interest group during their official month, instead of flying them on the flagpole. That's just me though.

It's only during Pride Month. I get what you mean, though--do they fly flags for Black History Month? Women's History Month? Hispanic Heritage Month? Is there a month for Asians? Jews? Do they all have flags?

I'm kinda old fashioned about our flag. I like to see it at the top of the flagpole, not at halfmast all the time. The state flag included at state institutions and at embassies the flag of the host country is reasonable, but I'd rather see a big banner on the embassy wall, kind of like a giant poster, honoring a special interest group during their official month, instead of flying them on the flagpole. That's just me though.

I am really starting to like you OldLady.:love_ya4: I think you are what they call a true liberal. A JFK liberal. And JFK was my favorite president.

I swear I can’t make this up ??
Last I checked they had the same rights as any
Yes, fly the flags especially high in the Muslim nations. Works for me.

liberals-defend-islam.jpg

Yes, fly the flags especially high in the Muslim nations. Works for me.

View attachment 451383

Kind of makes you wonder why the Clintons receive money from Saudi Arabia. :D

The issue is not limited to anybody's sex life. Nobody gives a shit about the sex lives of somebody like frankie graham or jerry falwell, who clearly have an "agenda," and the duggars seem to advertise theirs quite a bit. The issue is attempting to marginalize LGBTQs, deny them equal rights, silence them, harass them out of society, and make them invisible, which is aggression. The rainbow flag just shows rejection of this agenda, support for its victims, and support for human rights in general.

The issue is not limited to anybody's sex life. Nobody gives a shit about the sex lives of somebody like frankie graham or jerry falwell, who clearly have an "agenda," and the duggars seem to advertise theirs quite a bit. The issue is attempting to marginalize LGBTQs, deny them equal rights, silence them, harass them out of society, and make them invisible, which is aggression. The rainbow flag just shows rejection of this agenda, support for its victims, and support for human rights in general.

Then why are they teaching it in schools to children?

Nobody gives a shit about the sex lives of somebody like frankie graham or jerry falwell
Most people are disgusted by anal sex.
The rainbow flag just shows rejection of this agenda, support for its victims, and support for human rights in general
Noah had a rainbow, too, rejecting the flood of sin and reaffirming God's covenant with man.

Noah was not gay.

Nobody gives a shit about the sex lives of somebody like frankie graham or jerry falwell
Most people are disgusted by anal sex.
The rainbow flag just shows rejection of this agenda, support for its victims, and support for human rights in general
Noah had a rainbow, too, rejecting the flood of sin and reaffirming God's covenant with man.

Noah was not gay.

Tell that to the Catholic priests.

The posted link is to Breitbart, which is a questionable "news " outlet. Even so, the Breitbart article speaks of "flags," even in the header, and the photo of the U.S. Embassy in Russia that accompanies the article clearly shows Old Glory hanging alone on a flagpole extending out from the building, and a "pride flag" hung crosswise below it as a banner

When you are a consistently whiny, loud, attention-grabbing pain in the ass, people will want you to shut up and go away. That describes the LGBTQPIDYO whatever lobby.

What is your exact question? Children have been taught that heterosexual people exist, and probably know many, so this is just supplemental information that other people exist, as well. Children have always been taught from a white, straight male perspective, so why not teach children about the whole of society that they live in? Women, people of different races, colors, and ethnicities, LGBTs, etc. also exist and have existed and have accomplished many things. It certainly can't hurt.

• Disagree
Reactions: DBA
When you are a consistently whiny, loud, attention-grabbing pain in the ass, people will want you to shut up and go away. That describes the LGBTQPIDYO whatever lobby.

It also describes Christian fundie cults, male chest-beating penis waggers and misogynists, and trump supporters, all of are consistently whiny, loud, attention-grabbing pains in the ass, and whom people wish would shut up and go away.

• Disagree
Reactions: DBA
A man's "rights" cannot be allowed to encroach on another man's buttocks.
A man's "rights" cannot be allowed to encroach on another man's buttocks.

That would be rape. Rape can happen to both sexes. Your comment belongs on a different thread.

What is your exact question? Children have been taught that heterosexual people exist, and probably know many, so this is just supplemental information that other people exist, as well. Children have always been taught from a white, straight male perspective, so why not teach children about the whole of society that they live in? Women, people of different races, colors, and ethnicities, LGBTs, etc. also exist and have existed and have accomplished many things. It certainly can't hurt.

Sorry, but teaching kids that being LGBTQ is perfectly normal is non-scientific and is detrimental to our society. It should be lumped under the topic of how we should be sympathetic to those with handicaps and how they can be assisted to overcome their handicap, instead, it is taught they they are just as ”normal” as a heterosexual male or female and that is simply not the case.

Forum List

Back