New Michigan Contact Tracing Rules- Stalin would be proud

I recall homosexuals objecting to contact tracing during the AIDS pandemic
If HIV in the 1980's was handed like the Progs handle this virus, then HUV would not be around. Because anyone infected would not be around.

More Big Brother-style proclamations flowing from a Dem controlled state. Is the concept that we are a nation of free people just too much for lefties to grasp?
Please tell us how DT is the real tyrant again? Be fact specific 'cuz your feelings don't count here

"The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) is requiring restaurants, barbershops, tattoo parlors, recreational facilities, and entertainment establishments to record the names, contact information, and visit times of all customers to “aid with contact tracing.” Any establishment that does not comply is threatened with a maximum $200 fine and a misdemeanor charge punishable with up to six months in prison."

The Gestapo Governor has one of the highest Covid mortality rates in the US. Didn't she mandate face diapers already?

This is not Ebola, small pox or the Plague. It has an IFR about the same as the flu. Since when do we allow the govt to track us down for a flu?
Last year's flu season, the CDC reports 34,000+ deaths. Covid so far this year has killed 231,000. That's almost 6 times the death rate for Covid than the flu, and the contagion rate is also higher.

The CDC estimates that influenza was associated with more than 35.5 million illnesses, more than 16.5 million medical visits, 490,600 hospitalizations, and 34,200 deaths during the 2018–2019 influenza season.

There has been a worldwide reaction to this virus and there is a reason for it. But please don't tell me it's a global conspiracy to make us all slaves. This is an actual medical crisis. Maybe we're not handling it right, but ignoring its seriousness isn't the answer. I know that much.

Flu is total estimates, Covid is case by case statistics but who trusts Covid deaths that were never tested or the millions who had it and were never tested? Pretty silly comparison and even sillier to believe what you just said here.

More Big Brother-style proclamations flowing from a Dem controlled state. Is the concept that we are a nation of free people just too much for lefties to grasp?
Please tell us how DT is the real tyrant again? Be fact specific 'cuz your feelings don't count here

"The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) is requiring restaurants, barbershops, tattoo parlors, recreational facilities, and entertainment establishments to record the names, contact information, and visit times of all customers to “aid with contact tracing.” Any establishment that does not comply is threatened with a maximum $200 fine and a misdemeanor charge punishable with up to six months in prison."

If I were in michigan I would use fake names, addresses and tel numbers
I have been doing that for years now when these stores want to give me discounts in order to get my number and/or email address to get discounts on products in their stores.

So. . . it won't be much of a change. :heehee:

I have noticed that a lot of stores have started "scanning" your ID for alchohol purchases instead of looking at it, which bothers me. . . I don't want stores or the government connecting my purchasing or tracking my meta-data, so now I have to keep track of where, and which stores scan your ID, versus, which ones just look at it for age verified purchases. Bothersome.

They can get my ID, but it has the wrong address. . . and I haven't updated the address. . . b/c, well, the DMV is closed, whose problem is that? And they can have my old landline #, it's probably disco'd. But honestly, I don't ever go out to eat.

Interestingly enough, what they are NOT sharing with the folks of the state? Is this does not apply to places of worship.

"A violation of the order is punishable by misdemeanor charge, up to six months in jail and a fine of up to $200 — or both. The order exempts churches, synagogues and other houses of worship."

They excluded the places of worship because they knew it would get the directive overturned more easily.
Helping save lives and prevent illness is not going to be overturned.

You can't force a Church to document who attends it, that violates free exercise.

Forcing other businesses to document who attends under penalty of fines violates freedom in general.

But of course scared dried up cat lady twats like you just submit to shit like this.
So in order to get a grip on rising cases in your state, the other alternative is to close those places again. They are targeting the places where they've found the most spread. This is virus management, in an attempt to keep the economy rolling.
No the other choice is to accept that the virus will be spreading-------but that it isn't as deadly as previously thought. And since we did not work on herd immunity during the summer when the virus was at its weakest thanks to Whitmers lockdown---that basics like a little distance and HAND WASHING should be done and expect that most of the decent people in Michigan will do this on their own without government mandates just to protect themselves and others.

I have been doing that for years now when these stores want to give me discounts in order to get my number and/or email address to get discounts on products in their stores.

I have noticed that a lot of stores have started "scanning" your ID for alchohol purchases instead of looking at it, which bothers me. . . I don't want stores or the government connecting my purchasing or tracking my meta-data, so now I have to keep track of where, and which stores scan your ID, versus, which ones just look at it for age verified purchases. Bothersome.

They can get my ID, but it has the wrong address. . . and I haven't updated the address. . . b/c, well, the DMV is closed, whose problem is that? And they can have my old landline #, it's probably disco'd. But honestly, I don't ever go out to eat.

Interestingly enough, what they are NOT sharing with the folks of the state? Is this does not apply to places of worship.

"A violation of the order is punishable by misdemeanor charge, up to six months in jail and a fine of up to $200 — or both. The order exempts churches, synagogues and other houses of worship."

They excluded the places of worship because they knew it would get the directive overturned more easily.

You can't force a Church to document who attends it, that violates free exercise.

Forcing other businesses to document who attends under penalty of fines violates freedom in general.

But of course scared dried up cat lady twats like you just submit to shit like this.
So in order to get a grip on rising cases in your state, the other alternative is to close those places again. They are targeting the places where they've found the most spread. This is virus management, in an attempt to keep the economy rolling.
No the other choice is to accept that the virus will be spreading-------but that it isn't as deadly as previously though. And since we did not work on herd immunity during the summer when the virus was at its weakest thanks to Whitmers lockdown---that basics like a little distance and HAND WASHING should be done and expect that most of the decent people in Michigan will do this on their own without government mandates just to protect themselves and others.
Wow, that's waaaay too much common sense for a libber to grasp...

No sense wasting any more time here.

some people ain't got the sense to come in outta the rain.

These are proven to be very effective at fighting the virus... Almost universal in Europe... No one there is seeing Stalin...

These are proven to be very effective at fighting the virus... Almost universal in Europe... No one there is seeing Stalin...
Well that's because those countries already follow his mandates.....

This is not Ebola, small pox or the Plague. It has an IFR about the same as the flu. Since when do we allow the govt to track us down for a flu?
Last year's flu season, the CDC reports 34,000+ deaths. Covid so far this year has killed 231,000. That's almost 6 times the death rate for Covid than the flu, and the contagion rate is also higher.

The CDC estimates that influenza was associated with more than 35.5 million illnesses, more than 16.5 million medical visits, 490,600 hospitalizations, and 34,200 deaths during the 2018–2019 influenza season.

There has been a worldwide reaction to this virus and there is a reason for it. But please don't tell me it's a global conspiracy to make us all slaves. This is an actual medical crisis. Maybe we're not handling it right, but ignoring its seriousness isn't the answer. I know that much.

Yes, every year tens of thousands die from the flu. How many die with the flu? Because only about 6% of the Rona deaths are from Rona. The rest died with Rona & other pre-existing conditions likely to have killed many of them soon anyway.
You can recognize the clear distinction, right? It's a false equivalence.
Ask yourself this: if it's as bad as they say, why did they have to count the deaths in a way they do not do with other diseases? In other words, if it's so deadly why are they lying about it?

Well move to Europe Ted. If you are so afraid, don't go out. Or do. Whatever, just don't presume to tell me what to do & we won't have a problem.

BTW- the people across the pond aren't thrilled with it either & they do not have the history & same rights to personal freedoms we are guaranteed here.

...It helps contact tracers contact you quickly if you've been exposed.

If "health officials" told you someone in the restaurant tested "positive" guess what they want you to do? Self isolate for 2 weeks and then get tested with that horrendous, notoriously in accurate Kung Flu test. Then you are free to go to McD's again if you dare. Obviously this is designed to destroy the economy and make citizens into tools of government power.

This is wishful thinking and ham handed attempts to appear to be "doing something". This made sense when there was a worry of a 3%-4% mortality rate, or worse, a higher mortality rate. But the mortality rate trended downward, but they still are treating it like it is far deadlier than it is.

The actual evidence is the fact about all those athletes testing positive publicly and in the open, yet almost none of them are getting seriously ill. Of course them being in prime shape helps, but if this bug was as virulent as it was originally thought to be, more of them would be far sicker.

This is about control, and since lemmings like you don't mind being controlled, you don't see the issue.

Maine's been doing that since June when restaurants reopened. So what? It helps contact tracers contact you quickly if you've been exposed.

Baaaaaaaaa
You object to being contacted if you've been exposed to Covid, and I'm the sheep?

Psssssttt.......covid isnt.going away. It's very likely you will get it at some point.

Thank you,

Common Sense

Even if you get a vaccine, you will likely "get" it. for bugs like this vaccines usually just attenuate the disease, they don't fully prevent it.

Well move to Europe Ted. If you are so afraid, don't go out. Or do. Whatever, just don't presume to tell me what to do & we won't have a problem.

BTW- the people across the pond aren't thrilled with it either & they do not have the history & same rights to personal freedoms we are guaranteed here.

That's ok.
Rioting burns the virus.

Liberal science has determined that rioting is safe, and political rallies equate to Biblical plauge.

Liberal science has determined that rioting is safe, and political rallies equate to Biblical plauge.
So true

I would add that the baby hitlers running our major cities think that attending church is far more deadly than massing in the streets to torch a police car

Last edited:

Forum List

Back