New Michigan Contact Tracing Rules- Stalin would be proud

More Big Brother-style proclamations flowing from a Dem controlled state. Is the concept that we are a nation of free people just too much for lefties to grasp?
Please tell us how DT is the real tyrant again? Be fact specific 'cuz your feelings don't count here

"The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) is requiring restaurants, barbershops, tattoo parlors, recreational facilities, and entertainment establishments to record the names, contact information, and visit times of all customers to “aid with contact tracing.” Any establishment that does not comply is threatened with a maximum $200 fine and a misdemeanor charge punishable with up to six months in prison."

Maine's been doing that since June when restaurants reopened. So what? It helps contact tracers contact you quickly if you've been exposed.
And what if I don't GAF about a virus barely worse than a bad flu? One that is less than a flu for much of the country? What happens if I think the govt should stay in their lane & get out of mine?
Not everybody is terrified like you. Maybe we recognize they don't have that authority so it is an illegal order
How many times do people and courts need to explain that these restrictions aren't illegal? If it was illegal to ask for my name and phone number at the local diner, it would have already been overturned in Maine. I'm sure someone has tried.

More Big Brother-style proclamations flowing from a Dem controlled state. Is the concept that we are a nation of free people just too much for lefties to grasp?
Please tell us how DT is the real tyrant again? Be fact specific 'cuz your feelings don't count here

"The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) is requiring restaurants, barbershops, tattoo parlors, recreational facilities, and entertainment establishments to record the names, contact information, and visit times of all customers to “aid with contact tracing.” Any establishment that does not comply is threatened with a maximum $200 fine and a misdemeanor charge punishable with up to six months in prison."

They should have allowed the would be kidnappers to take Whitmer----Michigan would have been better off.

Authoritarian dreams from party of (no) law and order.

Well Trump did support MBS in the killing and dismemberment of an enemy of the Saudis Arabian State, a journalist.
My comment has nothing to do with Trump----------my comment is just in regards to how bad Whitmer is, the damage that she has done to Michigan, and that her being kidnapped would have been better for michigan than her as governor.

If I were in michigan I would use fake names, addresses and tel numbers
I have been doing that for years now when these stores want to give me discounts in order to get my number and/or email address to get discounts on products in their stores.

So. . . it won't be much of a change. :heehee:

I have noticed that a lot of stores have started "scanning" your ID for alchohol purchases instead of looking at it, which bothers me. . . I don't want stores or the government connecting my purchasing or tracking my meta-data, so now I have to keep track of where, and which stores scan your ID, versus, which ones just look at it for age verified purchases. Bothersome.

They can get my ID, but it has the wrong address. . . and I haven't updated the address. . . b/c, well, the DMV is closed, whose problem is that? And they can have my old landline #, it's probably disco'd. But honestly, I don't ever go out to eat.

Interestingly enough, what they are NOT sharing with the folks of the state? Is this does not apply to places of worship.

"A violation of the order is punishable by misdemeanor charge, up to six months in jail and a fine of up to $200 — or both. The order exempts churches, synagogues and other houses of worship."

They excluded the places of worship because they knew it would get the directive overturned more easily.
Helping save lives and prevent illness is not going to be overturned.

You can't force a Church to document who attends it, that violates free exercise.

Forcing other businesses to document who attends under penalty of fines violates freedom in general.

But of course scared dried up cat lady twats like you just submit to shit like this.
So in order to get a grip on rising cases in your state, the other alternative is to close those places again. They are targeting the places where they've found the most spread. This is virus management, in an attempt to keep the economy rolling.

Maine's been doing that since June when restaurants reopened. So what? It helps contact tracers contact you quickly if you've been exposed.
And what if I don't GAF about a virus barely worse than a bad flu? One that is less than a flu for much of the country? What happens if I think the govt should stay in their lane & get out of mine?
Not everybody is terrified like you. Maybe we recognize they don't have that authority so it is an illegal order
How many times do people and courts need to explain that these restrictions aren't illegal? If it was illegal to ask for my name and phone number at the local diner, it would have already been overturned in Maine. I'm sure someone has tried.
We have a right to privacy

when I read that retailers could be put in prison for not gathering info for the government that sends up a red flair for me

Anyone who didn't care about Bush stealing all their data just because 3000 people died, need to put their telescreen back in their pocket and STFU about this. They forfeited 100% of their moral authority on the subject back then.

when I read that retailers could be put in prison for not gathering info for the government that sends up a red flair for me
I get that. It is a violation of privacy, but the government doesn't care if, when or where we get our hair cut or go for the meatloaf special. It has a specific purpose which makes perfect sense at this time. No, I didn't like being asked, and exactly for the reason you said: privacy. But I didn't let my feels get in the way of common sense.

I get that. It is a violation of privacy, but the government doesn't care if, when or where we get our hair cut or go for the meatloaf special. It has a specific purpose which makes perfect sense at this time. No, I didn't like being asked, and exactly for the reason you said: privacy. But I didn't let my feels get in the way of common sense.
Thanks to muslim terrorism and the shock of 9-11 we surrendered great power to the federal government that has been abused.

I not willing to repeat that mistake

They should have allowed the would be kidnappers to take Whitmer----Michigan would have been better off.

Authoritarian dreams from party of (no) law and order.

Well Trump did support MBS in the killing and dismemberment of an enemy of the Saudis Arabian State, a journalist.
My comment has nothing to do with Trump----------my comment is just in regards to how bad Whitmer is, the damage that she has done to Michigan, and that her being kidnapped would have been better for michigan than her as governor.

Trumpybear apparently had no problem with either plan. Extrajudicial kidnappings and killings are okay for the party that claims to be all about law and order.

Just something un-American about that.

That is unconstitutional AS FUCK and likely a violation of several federal laws.

O.K. So latest in, someone took a picture of one of those contact lists at a local restaurant. . . I thought, maybe you folks would like to see it. . . just so you have an idea of what is going on?

:dunno:

michigan tracking.jpg

It doesn't go to the government. The restaurant or shop holds onto the records for 30 days and then destroys them. The government, if you want to call public health personnel 'government,' only asks for the info about the date of possible exposure so they can reach everyone who may have been exposed.

This may be the first you've heard of it, but it is already being done in a lot of places. I tried to see if there was a challenge against it in Maine, didn't find one, but I'm no expert on legal searches.

As it should for everyone. Corporations who demand rights to intrude into peoples personal lives should be admonished also since they have such a foothold in place in our government.

Trying to get through this whole fake identity crap and deal with the fake information on the credit reports they demanded a copy of my social security card. F'm I'll remain creditless in their system; and they are not getting it as long as I have a say in it; and any company that demands information that they are not entitled to they are not getting anything either. After Wells Fargo's abuse of using my signature to counterfeit settlement sheets and alter signed documents with a copy of my signature in order to fraud the people's business loan mechanism (SBA) is damn hard for others to get too. I may not have control over many things but there are a few things which are mine and as long as it is a still a free country I will maintain a tight control over those things such as my signature (which means I approve of something).

It has a specific purpose which makes perfect sense at this time.
Look, you seem fairly reasonable for a Dem so let me attempt to get to the true point here:
This is not Ebola, small pox or the Plague. It has an IFR about the same as the flu. Since when do we allow the govt to track us down for a flu?
If you can't see this, we have totally different philosophies on the liberties we enjoy as a free people in a free country.
You seem to think liberties can be set aside at the whim of the govt. This means we no longer have rights, we have permissions.

5af6efcc2bd4e62889caa7cf5b26c966e4efc3fddb204cebcf4d210edd4ecb35.jpg

Baaaaaaaaa
You object to being contacted if you've been exposed to Covid, and I'm the sheep?

Psssssttt.......covid isnt.going away. It's very likely you will get it at some point.

Thank you,

Common Sense

This is not Ebola, small pox or the Plague. It has an IFR about the same as the flu. Since when do we allow the govt to track us down for a flu?
Last year's flu season, the CDC reports 34,000+ deaths. Covid so far this year has killed 231,000. That's almost 6 times the death rate for Covid than the flu, and the contagion rate is also higher.

The CDC estimates that influenza was associated with more than 35.5 million illnesses, more than 16.5 million medical visits, 490,600 hospitalizations, and 34,200 deaths during the 2018–2019 influenza season.

There has been a worldwide reaction to this virus and there is a reason for it. But please don't tell me it's a global conspiracy to make us all slaves. This is an actual medical crisis. Maybe we're not handling it right, but ignoring its seriousness isn't the answer. I know that much.

Forum List

Back