New iMac!

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
Me Precious has arrived in seafoam green (including power cords, mouse & keyboard) It’s a birthday gift to/ well/ MEEE! :cool-45:

49530C06-127F-4C8B-8766-C24086684BEB.jpeg

Me Precious has arrived in seafoam green (including power cords, mouse & keyboard) It’s a birthday gift to/ well/ MEEE! :cool-45:

View attachment 503061

It doesn't bother you that it was made by Chinese child slaves and will be, in a year or two when you tire of it, be stripped of its valuable metals components for Indian slum children using toxic chemicals?

View attachment 503061

It doesn't bother you that it was made by Chinese child slaves and will be, in a year or two when you tire of it, be stripped of its valuable metals components for Indian slum children using toxic chemicals?
Thanks Debbie!! :D

Not sure if I see any difference between Big Sur and Catalina ... but apparently it's a major butt-pain to port Windoze games over ... meh ... I suppose we can just simply boot in Windoze ... on-line gaming isn't that important to me ...

Nice, what's the screen size? ... :cool:
24 - It’s the biggest one they make now.
Apple is giving me back almost half the cost back for my 7 year old 27!
I know desktops are kind of a dying breed, but hey … I’m old ;)

That's not a desktop! THIS is a desktop.

1624074943925.png

And it came with the 27" Apple LED Cinema Display!

1624075084268.png

And the first thing I did was get rid of Apple's dreadful flat keyboard and get the German-built mechanical switch DAS keyboard.

I'm a PC person, not Macs, so I haven't even considered this, but....are iMacs affected by the chip shortages that have been going on for the past year or more?

I can't speak for the OP ... but last Fall, all the Apple retail stores were shut down ... not an iMac within 1,000 miles of California ... ordered on-line and had to wait about two months ...

View attachment 503061

Thanks Debbie!! :D

That's what being woke was all about.

Take any good thing and make sure everyone feels super guilty about it.

819028-grouchy_large.jpg

Congratulations. Your new iMac is beautiful.

II have two Macs. The old one is a powerbook I bought for work, in 2004. I can't bring myself to get rid of it. I still love that ancient machine. It still works well and is as trouble-free as ever.

Last edited:
It's kind of a pain-in-the-butt ... butt don't forget to set your root account password ... there's a few viruses that take advantage of people who don't ... plus you can log-in for a bit and feel like God ...

Nice, what's the screen size? ... :cool:
24 - It’s the biggest one they make now.
Apple is giving me back almost half the cost back for my 7 year old 27!
I know desktops are kind of a dying breed, but hey … I’m old ;)

That's not a desktop! THIS is a desktop.

View attachment 503092

And it came with the 27" Apple LED Cinema Display!

View attachment 503093

And the first thing I did was get rid of Apple's dreadful flat keyboard and get the German-built mechanical switch DAS keyboard.
I’ve not seen that one. You got? Looks amazing!

It's kind of a pain-in-the-butt ... butt don't forget to set your root account password ... there's a few viruses that take advantage of people who don't ... plus you can log-in for a bit and feel like God ...
Will do, thanks! Funny though, this is my third iMac over past 17 years. Never run antivirus program on any and never had a virus.

New Topics

Forum List

Back