New iMac!

Will do, thanks! Funny though, this is my third iMac over past 17 years. Never run antivirus program on any and never had a virus.
I've only owned Mac's since 2010 and never had a virus. ... :cool:
I’ve had PC folk tell me Macs aren’t targeted because there aren’t as near many of them. Might be some truth to that, but I also think they are tougher to crack and Apple does a pretty good job updating vulnerabilities.
The numbers I have seen put Macs way behind PCs.

That doesn't mean MacOS can't be more secure, but PC's make up a significant majority of the computer market. :dunno:

Probably because of the price.
A MacBook Pro will run you $2400 bucks at a minimum but to me it's well worth it.
I thought we were talking desktops, but OK: what makes the MacBook Pro worth paying more for?

Fantastic screen!! No viruses and they just keep working.
The machines are very intuitive as well.

Only annoying thing about an iMac is the looong time it takes to come out of sleep, other than that... awesome.
And then sometimes the annoying "beach ball" and whatever you are doing hangs for 10 seconds or whatever.
That may only be in processor heavy programs like InDesign ect. though.... dunno

Only annoying thing about an iMac is the looong time it takes to come out of sleep, other than that... awesome.
And then sometimes the annoying "beach ball" and whatever you are doing hangs for 10 seconds or whatever.
That may only be in processor heavy programs like InDesign ect. though.... dunno
Hope someone can provide a solution for your sleep problem. Have you checked out apple's forums? There's a ton of information to be found there. You could also post your specific issue and possibly get some helpful replies.

I've used Macs for decades and have never experienced that issue.

Hope someone can provide a solution for your sleep problem. Have you checked out apple's forums? There's a ton of information to be found there. You could also post your specific issue and possibly get some helpful replies.

I've used Macs for decades and have never experienced that issue.
Well... I am not a very patient person when it comes to things, I am actually more patient with people than stuff.
So by saying I hate the long time it takes to come out of sleep... I'm talking about 5 seconds.
Why I love an SSD and don't like HDD's ever since having an SSD.

Forum List

Back