New iMac!

Will do, thanks! Funny though, this is my third iMac over past 17 years. Never run antivirus program on any and never had a virus.
I've only owned Mac's since 2010 and never had a virus. ... :cool:
I’ve had PC folk tell me Macs aren’t targeted because there aren’t as near many of them. Might be some truth to that, but I also think they are tougher to crack and Apple does a pretty good job updating vulnerabilities.

My Mac's have been bullet proof.
Both of my daughters and granddaughter have Mac's.
No problems and very reliable. ... :cool:
My daughter is still using her 9 year old MacBook Pro laptop. And she’s a tad tough on it.
I had to beg her to stop taking it in the bathroom while showering and to this day she refuses to use a carrying case. :rolleyes-41:

I went to the Apple store yesterday and bought a new MacBook Air to replace my 2013 MacBook Pro (still working fine). When I found out the Air and the Pro both use the same M1 chip, I saved $250 with the Air, the only difference is no Touch Bar above the keyboard, and I probably wouldn't use it much.

I like your setup, I saw those in the store and really liked them, but am too used to laptops now.

I'm a PC person, not Macs, so I haven't even considered this, but....are iMacs affected by the chip shortages that have been going on for the past year or more?

I can't speak for the OP ... but last Fall, all the Apple retail stores were shut down ... not an iMac within 1,000 miles of California ... ordered on-line and had to wait about two months ...
Yeah I had to wait almost a month.
But this new one didn’t release to retailers until around 3 weeks ago and they gotta feed those guys first.
But nearest Apple Store is a 2 hour drive each way, so I just waited.

Nice, what's the screen size? ... :cool:
24 - It’s the biggest one they make now.
Apple is giving me back almost half the cost back for my 7 year old 27!
I know desktops are kind of a dying breed, but hey … I’m old ;)

That's not a desktop! THIS is a desktop.

View attachment 503092

And it came with the 27" Apple LED Cinema Display!

View attachment 503093

And the first thing I did was get rid of Apple's dreadful flat keyboard and get the German-built mechanical switch DAS keyboard.
I’ve not seen that one. You got? Looks amazing!

My main computer I'm using right now for the past 10 years. But I really hated Apple's keyboard with its thin, flat, light touch electronic keys. The thing kept missing keystrokes! And the Apple genius at my local store was no help, so I made Apple give me back $50 for it and I bought the great German DAS mechanical board instead (shown here with the Apple keyboard behind it).

1624129359987.png

Will do, thanks! Funny though, this is my third iMac over past 17 years. Never run antivirus program on any and never had a virus.
I’ve had PC folk tell me Macs aren’t targeted because there aren’t as near many of them. Might be some truth to that, but I also think they are tougher to crack and Apple does a pretty good job updating vulnerabilities.

UNIX based operating systems like Mac OS are inherently more robust than the IBM Windows platform.

I went to the Apple store yesterday and bought a new MacBook Air to replace my 2013 MacBook Pro (still working fine). When I found out the Air and the Pro both use the same M1 chip, I saved $250 with the Air, the only difference is no Touch Bar above the keyboard, and I probably wouldn't use it much.

I like your setup, I saw those in the store and really liked them, but am too used to laptops now.

Same here.
I'll never go back to a desk top.
I like being able to take my computer out on the back porch the garage or the hospital when I've had a surgical procedure done,that way I never miss a day of all the USMB retards.

Nice, what's the screen size? ... :cool:
24 - It’s the biggest one they make now.
Apple is giving me back almost half the cost back for my 7 year old 27!
I know desktops are kind of a dying breed, but hey … I’m old ;)

That's not a desktop! THIS is a desktop.

View attachment 503092

And it came with the 27" Apple LED Cinema Display!

View attachment 503093

And the first thing I did was get rid of Apple's dreadful flat keyboard and get the German-built mechanical switch DAS keyboard.
I’ve not seen that one. You got? Looks amazing!

My main computer I'm using right now for the past 10 years. But I really hated Apple's keyboard with its thin, flat, light touch electronic keys. The thing kept missing keystrokes! And the Apple genius at my local store was no help, so I made Apple give me back $50 for it and I bought the great German DAS mechanical board instead (shown here with the Apple keyboard behind it).

View attachment 503321
Right? Took me forever to get used to that Mac keyboard.
Took time, but finally got there!

The numbers I have seen put Macs way behind PCs.

That doesn't mean MacOS can't be more secure, but PC's make up a significant majority of the computer market. :dunno:

Pretty.

Sad that won't run many of your favorite programs. Oh....you hadn't noticed yet? It's OK, you will.

That started with "Big Sur" but could be cured by forcing iMacs that were supplied with it back one generation. But with the new in-house chipsets that option appears to have vanished.

Apple is striving to make desktops "one" with iPhones.

Pity, that.

That doesn't mean MacOS can't be more secure, but PC's make up a significant majority of the computer market. :dunno:

Probably because of the price.
A MacBook Pro will run you $2400 bucks at a minimum but to me it's well worth it.

Me Precious has arrived in seafoam green (including power cords, mouse & keyboard) It’s a birthday gift to/ well/ MEEE! :cool-45:

View attachment 503061

It doesn't bother you that it was made by Chinese child slaves and will be, in a year or two when you tire of it, be stripped of its valuable metals components for Indian slum children using toxic chemicals?
Thanks Debbie!! :D

Reality can be depressing.

Your lesson on not bumming out your company here, & elsewhere!

A MacBook Pro will run you $2400 bucks at a minimum but to me it's well worth it.

Not quite. I was at the Apple store yesterday, and you can get a MacBook Pro for $1249. That's the cheapest MacBook Pro you can buy. The cheapest MacBook Air is $999.

Not quite. I was at the Apple store yesterday, and you can get a MacBook Pro for $1249. That's the cheapest MacBook Pro you can buy. The cheapest MacBook Air is $999.
Not in a 16 inch screen you cant.

I thought we were talking desktops, but OK: what makes the MacBook Pro worth paying more for?

New Topics

Forum List

Back