Zone1 New 'Doctor Who' star Ncuti Gatwa feels 'sad' for critics of show's diversity

C_Clayton_Jones

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2011
In a Republic, actually
“Gatwa is the first Black man and the first person born outside the U.K. to play The Doctor. He's candid about how his own life has influenced his take on the role — and about his critics.”

You really have to feel sorry for racists and bigots – they can’t even watch some TV without being offended by actors of color.

It is sad.

“Gatwa is the first Black man and the first person born outside the U.K. to play The Doctor. He's candid about how his own life has influenced his take on the role — and about his critics.”

You really have to feel sorry for racists and bigots – they can’t even watch some TV without being offended by actors of color.

It is sad.

Nah, I hope that someday you will grow up and stop being one. I doubt that day will ever come though. The problem with Dr. Who is they have become ever more screechy. They were fine up until the first female Dr. She did a decent job, but since her they keep getting worse.

Last edited:
You really have to feel sorry for racists and bigots – they can’t even watch some TV without being offended by actors of color
I haven’t been a fan of the last couple actors to have played The Doctor. The character has strayed somewhat from what I expect The Doctor to be. So I stopped watching. Just that simple. I miss it at times, until I watch a few minutes and then I remember why I no longer like it.

I have never seen that TV show.

But if people have gotten used to one race in a role, then it is understandable that changing races would be a bit disconcerting.

Hear tell that some people wanted the new James Bond to be either a woman or a person of color. But apparently the powers-that-be decided against that suggestion -- this time!!!

I have never seen that TV show.

But if people have gotten used to one race in a role, then it is understandable that changing races would be a bit disconcerting.

Hear tell that some people wanted the new James Bond to be either a woman or a person of color. But apparently the powers-that-be decided against that suggestion -- this time!!!
The character of the Doctor can be any race, or sex. It is an amorphous creature. The problem is the crappy story lines. Race hustlers will whine about the so called racist viewers, but the actual fact is no one gives a shit what their color is, they care about being tired of being preached to in an entertainment setting.

But if people have gotten used to one race in a role, then it is understandable that changing races would be a bit disconcerting
It’s not a race or gender thing. I had some hopes for the actress who played the last iteration. Unfortunately the storylines and the way the character is portrayed is not what I expect The Doctor to be.

It is sad.

you aint a fan of the show....so how do you know what its all about?...

Why aren‘t fans asking the Important questions? Like what the Doctor’s pronouns are, who they like to have sex with, and at what point in their transition they are.

Damn, I hadn’t even see the new Doctor yet. He ain’t shopping in the men’s department…….

LOL

15C208B6-D301-4276-8DC7-C637273D4D63.jpeg

'I got to meet and interact with him a bit and he's glorious. He'll be the first gay Doctor, which is going to be super cool, a sexier Doctor…..'

“….Transgender actress Yasmin Finney will also play companion Rose in the highly-anticipated 14th series of the cult sci-fi series, set for release in November 2023….”

Welp, that’s what I get for trying to be a smart ass….

Forum List

Back