New Bullets Mean Certain Death

People get shot a lot in America, and it isn’t always criminals doing the shooting. There are countless stories, stories every day, of people shooting themselves, their neighbors, their friends, and their children, by accident. They’re often “playing” with their guns. Or “cleaning” them when they go off accidentally. These are the law-abiding gun owners, the responsible ones. Sometimes these people are killed, and sometimes they’re just injured, like in the examples cited above.

But if one Georgia company is successful, accidental shootings that injure people may become a thing of the past. That’s because if people start using their bullets, pretty much every person who gets shot will die.

G2 Research’s “Radically Invasive Projectile” (RIP, get it? — because shooting people to death is hilarious) is a copper bullet that explodes when it hits a target (i.e., a human being) sending pieces screaming through vital organs and clearing a path for the bullet’s core to travel deeper through a person.

This multiplies the damage a bullet can do considerably, and is certain to turn what might otherwise be minor injuries into major ones, and major injuries into deaths.

And this is the bullet’s selling point.

Even if you support gun ownership, which most Americans do, it’s time to admit there is something very sick and wrong with our gun culture in this country. The people conducting “open carry” protests at restaurants and stores around the country don’t have pistols attached to their hips; they are carrying assault weapons almost as big as they are. Soon they’ll be able to buy these bullets that tear people apart from the inside.

What kind of fear motivates you that you need to surround yourself constantly with the killing power of a small nation’s military? Whom do you think you’re making safer by toting this stuff around? The number of people shot accidentally by so-called responsible, law-abiding gun owners in this country is astounding. The deadlier we make our guns and our bullets, the more often those shootings will turn into irreversible tragedies.

There is literally no reason for these bullets to exist. Guns are deadly enough as it is.

New Bullets Mean Certain Death - Blue Nation Review Blue Nation Review

This is the last bullet you'll ever need - watch and see the technology for yourself | Rare

G2R RIP 2014 - YouTube

This certainly is a deadly looking bullet. I wonder how accurate it is. I assume accuracy is secondary to its destructive power.

Even if you support gun ownership, which most Americans do, it’s time to admit there is something very sick and wrong with our gun culture in this country. The people conducting “open carry” protests at restaurants and stores around the country don’t have pistols attached to their hips; they are carrying assault weapons almost as big as they are. Soon they’ll be able to buy these bullets that tear people apart from the inside.

they are protesting in support of their 2nd amendment rights which are under attack in this country. How is this any different from civil rights protests or pro gay protests

this round is actually a wimpy round

there are rounds that if hit in the chest would splat ones lungs on to the wall

that exist today that have existed for years

People get shot a lot in America, and it isn’t always criminals doing the shooting. There are countless stories, stories every day, of people shooting themselves, their neighbors, their friends, and their children, by accident. They’re often “playing” with their guns. Or “cleaning” them when they go off accidentally. These are the law-abiding gun owners, the responsible ones. Sometimes these people are killed, and sometimes they’re just injured, like in the examples cited above.

But if one Georgia company is successful, accidental shootings that injure people may become a thing of the past. That’s because if people start using their bullets, pretty much every person who gets shot will die.

G2 Research’s “Radically Invasive Projectile” (RIP, get it? — because shooting people to death is hilarious) is a copper bullet that explodes when it hits a target (i.e., a human being) sending pieces screaming through vital organs and clearing a path for the bullet’s core to travel deeper through a person.

This multiplies the damage a bullet can do considerably, and is certain to turn what might otherwise be minor injuries into major ones, and major injuries into deaths.

What kind of fear motivates you that you need to surround yourself constantly with the killing power of a small nation’s military? Whom do you think you’re making safer by toting this stuff around? The number of people shot accidentally by so-called responsible, law-abiding gun owners in this country is astounding. The deadlier we make our guns and our bullets, the more often those shootings will turn into irreversible tragedies.

There is literally no reason for these bullets to exist. Guns are deadly enough as it is.

This is the last bullet you'll ever need - watch and see the technology for yourself | Rare

G2R RIP 2014 - YouTube

This certainly is a deadly looking bullet. I wonder how accurate it is. I assume accuracy is secondary to its destructive power.

they are protesting in support of their 2nd amendment rights which are under attack in this country. How is this any different from civil rights protests or pro gay protests

You know whats really sick in this country? Politicians who allow mexicans to invade our country. Thats really sick....

allows anyone to invade our country

that really sucks

What kind of fear motivates you that you need to surround yourself constantly with the killing power of a small nation’s military? Whom do you think you’re making safer by toting this stuff around? .

Let me remind you that the federal government has become a massive continuing criminal enterprise. It has a huge paramilitary domestic army.

When the bureaucracy decides to target someone that person needs the means to defend him/herself.

The administration will always find apologists which will defend the gestapo's actions. The owner of the house will have his character assassinated, ie, he raped a 10 old girl, he was part of an AQ cell, etc. The narcotized majority will swallow whatever bullshit pretexts are dished out.

Who needs that shit......the old reliable 00buck.....removes a whole head at 20 paces >>>

My 12 gauge Springfield pump sits at the head of my bed for this very reason. Though I can't really carry a shotgun around with me outside, so I also have handguns. This ammo would be good to have.

Pred fan.....the gun grabber limpwristers have no clue.

My 14 year old son has a Savage .17 HMR. Tiny little bullet........nasty as shit.....plow through a quarter at 200 yards. That thing enters the body at the shoulder and God knows how many organs it is bouncing around and tearing up as it tumbles around. In some cases, Id much prefer being hit by a round from my 7.62 X 39 AK.......be on my back and without most of my shoulder but might well survive. .17 HMR......damn thing is probably passing through a lung, the heart and stopping maybe in the liver. Awesome!!!:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Stupid moron gun grabbers........bubble dwellers.:D:D:D

Last edited:
The bubble dwelling gun grabber k00ks are so stuck deep in the matrix its not even real. The connect the dots ability just isn't there.

Exotic ammo has been around forever.......this is just typical far left bomb thrower scare BS. The limpwristers dive for cover.

What kind of fear motivates you that you need to surround yourself constantly with the killing power of a small nation’s military? Whom do you think you’re making safer by toting this stuff around? .

Let me remind you that the federal government has become a massive continuing criminal enterprise. It has a huge paramilitary domestic army.

When the bureaucracy decides to target someone that person needs the means to defend him/herself.

The administration will always find apologists which will defend the gestapo's actions. The owner of the house will have his character assassinated, ie, he raped a 10 old girl, he was part of an AQ cell, etc. The narcotized majority will swallow whatever bullshit pretexts are dished out.

Indeed. Who thought we'd ever see a day when the DHS, EPA and Post Office could tomorrow, walk onto any military base and take over in 5 minutes. The far left k00ks yawn.:D:D:eusa_dance:

"Everyday bullets"? You mean just for Sundays? You actually think our soldiers would be allowed to use them?

you obviously don't know the idiom "everyday"...i mean i doubt they will be in everyone's gun.

are you kidding me about the soldiers? why would they not use them? or why would they not be allowed? they are allowed hand grenades, missile launchers, tanks....but not these bullets? and the bullets were originally designed for air marshals, to avoid collateral damage or moving beyond the target and breaking a window....

and if you want a deadlier bullet, check this out:

World's Deadliest Bullet Expands Into Four Parts, Making It Harder To Miss In 'High Pressure Situations' - International Science Times

So, you really think soldiers would be allowed to use them? Interesting...

I'm not going to address the military applications, because the cost factor will keep these out of basic military use for a while.

But expanding bullets or fragmenting bullets are nothing new. Glaser had one that was a thin sheath of lead over a bunch of tiny birdshot. The point of these bullets is two-fold.

First, the fragmentation means more damage to whatever you shoot. It is called "Deadly Force" for a reason. You should expect everything you should to die.

Second, the fragmentation happens on impact, so these bullets will not penetrate the walls of apartments and kill someone in the next apt or next room.

G2R RIP 2014 - YouTube

Lethal ammunition is a very old issue. Hollowpoints were first met with this same opposition because they caused more tissue damage replacing solid rounds which simply made little holes. And hollowpoints were illegal in war (if not still are) because of this and practical tactical matters of: shoot an enemy with a solid round and it takes one more more healthy soldiers to carry them off the battlefield. Kill the soldier outright with more lethal ammo and you only kill one soldier.

The saving grace of hollowpoints is by expanding and thus slowing and not travelling through the target, you greatly reduce the risk of the round hitting anyone behind your target. Glaser 'safety-slugs' came out decades back taking this logic even further by including as their bullet birdshot for shotguns. Round enters the target's body and hundreds of sub-projectiles zip inside. Overall penetration which about half that of hollowpoints of the time. Was such a good idea they issued them to sky marshals where penetrated the hull of the aircraft was a real issue.

I therefore expect this latest 'safety round' to fall by the wayside. Most every ammunition is advertized as more lethal than it's rivals. Truth though comes from street-use years after. According to FBI police-shooting records, the all-time most effective ammo is a .357 magnum jacketed hollowpoint with a 97% 'one shot stop' record. Meaning 97% of the time all it took was a single shot to stop the target either by death or other reason for ceasing being a target.

Once you're talking about shooting somebody, worrying about the bullet is kinda redundant.

G2R RIP 2014 - YouTube

I see nothing wrong with limiting certain ammo to military only. Nothing in the Constitution guarantees the right to ammo.

These bullets do not explode. They expand and fragment. And fragmenting ammo is nothing new.

The biggest value to this sort of ammo is that the fragmentation takes away much of the energy and prevents over-penetration. Considering the number of accidental killings when a bullet goes thru a wall, I would think this sort of ammo would be better.

G2R RIP 2014 - YouTube

They are called frangable projectiles and they have existed for decades. They also actually save lives due to the fact that they dont over penetrate walls and other people. As fas as how accurate they can be, as me someone who is into varment hunting. 400+ yard shots are the norm, and bullets that explode (desentigrat) on impact are desired. Ont to utterly destroy the target, and two, so that the bullet wont pass through the target and keep traveling. Nothing to see here. Wasnt even a good try on your part.

G2R RIP 2014 - YouTube

I see nothing wrong with limiting certain ammo to military only. Nothing in the Constitution guarantees the right to ammo.

These bullets do not explode. They expand and fragment. And fragmenting ammo is nothing new.

The biggest value to this sort of ammo is that the fragmentation takes away much of the energy and prevents over-penetration. Considering the number of accidental killings when a bullet goes thru a wall, I would think this sort of ammo would be better.

Give this man another cigar!!! Unlike the gun grabber k00ks, he knows his ballistics.:D

Give this man another cigar!!! Unlike the gun grabber k00ks, he knows his ballistics.:D

And I have tried to educate the idiots on here. But alas, they will not hear.

Your opposition to this fragmenting round also applies to shotguns. Are they "too lethal"?

That's a fair question, and a valid point. I'm not exactly sure how lethal a shotgun is, but I imagine one blast from 15 feet would be enough to put a man under. It probably gets weaker from further ranges, unlike normal handguns, but that in itself is a moot point. Huh, now you've got me thinking Daveman, and I appreciate that.

[MENTION=31132]Lakhota[/MENTION], what do you make of my post, and Daveman's response to it? I don't know much about guns, so I'm likely missing quite a few details. [MENTION=23991]daveman[/MENTION], do you think bullets containing cyanide, if they existed, would be too lethal?

On guns I do support the right to own, and would like to buy a nice, black shotgun for hunting. I went to a Reinneman's awhile ago, and found a nice black shotgun around $400 or so, and it had two interchangeable barrels. I'd like to bag some deer for venison steaks and chili. :D

Your opposition to this fragmenting round also applies to shotguns. Are they "too lethal"?

That's a fair question, and a valid point. I'm not exactly sure how lethal a shotgun is, but I imagine one blast from 15 feet would be enough to put a man under. It probably gets weaker from further ranges, unlike normal handguns, but that in itself is a moot point. Huh, now you've got me thinking Daveman, and I appreciate that.

[MENTION=31132]Lakhota[/MENTION], what do you make of my post, and Daveman's response to it? I don't know much about guns, so I'm likely missing quite a few details. [MENTION=23991]daveman[/MENTION], do you think bullets containing cyanide, if they existed, would be too lethal?

On guns I do support the right to own, and would like to buy a nice, black shotgun for hunting. I went to a Reinneman's awhile ago, and found a nice black shotgun around $400 or so, and it had two interchangeable barrels. I'd like to bag some deer for venison steaks and chili. :D

Regarding the shotgun, are the barrels rifled?

Some states only allow shotguns for deer. When I lived in one I used a 14 gauge with rifled slugs which seemed plenty for the smaller deer native to the area. I wouldn't use buck shot - hell to clean out of the meat.

My preferred rifle for larger species of deer, up to moose, is a 30.06 with a 180 grain bullet. At a moderate distance it makes for a clean kill and has enough stopping power that a second shot is seldom needed.

A lot of people with whom I have hunted like a lot more power and they have a point - or they would if it were not that having the power causes them to take long shots. Then there's a hell of a long walk on tough terrain to get to the kill and, by the time you get there, you're too tired to do a good job of saving the meat.

But, of course, we're hunting for the meat, not for "sport".

There was always something for the Henny Penny sky is falling anti-2nd Amendment left wing to be afraid of. First it was "saturday night specials" and then it was "plastic guns" that couldn't be detected by metal detectors and at one time it was "cop killer bullets". It was all show boat propaganda bull shit designed to make people afraid but it only works with the low information left who ain't got a clue on a good day.

Cool. When morons who point the guns at themselves or try cleaning it without making sure its unloaded first it will make sure they get their Darwin Award right fast and efficient!

No one has a problem with this. If one is stupid enough to point any gun at themselves or to clean it without checking it is an idiot who hopefully won't get a chance to breed before Darwin visits them.

If you want a shotgun, and are not going to have multiple guns, look for either a Remington 870 or a Mossberg 500. You can buy extra barrels for either one. Both are rock solid firearms that will last the rest of your life. And both make excellent defensive guns. I prefer the Remington because it has dual rails for the pump action. I don't know of any failures by the Mossberg, but having 2 rails instead of 1 sounds more dependable.

As for the lethality of shotguns, they are more deadly than handguns. I read a statistic years ago that had 9mm handguns being lethal something like 30% of the time. A 12 ga shotgun was lethal 85% of the time. (stats were from police reports and hospital ER data)

Regarding the shotgun, are the barrels rifled?

Shotgun barrels are not rifled. But the slugs are rifled. It is not as precise as a rifle barrel, but for the ranges used by shotguns it works pretty well.

Forum List

Back