Hundreds of thousands of residents defying gun restrictions.

It's an unenforceable law.

Cops: Why didn't you register your AR-15 firearm.

Me: I didn't know I had to, shouldn't I have been told to register it when I bought it?

Cops: The law was passed after you bought it.

Me: Nobody told me.

Cops: It was in the paper and on the news.

Me: Must have missed it...did you send me a registered letter that I signed for informing me of this change?

Cops: No.

Me: Then I had no way of knowing...I appreciate you bringing this to my attention.

/end exchange.

http://deadspin.com/brazil-fan-yells-fuck-her-right-in-the-pussy-on-live-1597609391?

I highly doubt it's in the hundreds of thousands range.

No one has anything close to definitive figures, but the most conservative estimates place the number of unregistered assault weapons well above 50,000, and perhaps as high as 350,000. And that means as of Jan. 1, Connecticut has very likely created tens of thousands of newly minted criminals — perhaps 100,000 people, almost certainly at least 20,000 — who have broken no other laws.

That quite a large range for error.

Me: I didn't know I had to, shouldn't I have been told to register it when I bought it?

Me: Must have missed it...did you send me a registered letter that I signed for informing me of this change?

Me: Then I had no way of knowing...I appreciate you bringing this to my attention.

/end exchange.

But it is the law nonetheless, and currently Constitutional, until an appeals court, or the final appellate court, the Supreme Court, rules otherwise.

/end exchange.

Well sure, but this won't fly. Ignorance has never been a valid excuse.

http://deadspin.com/brazil-fan-yells-fuck-her-right-in-the-pussy-on-live-1597609391?

No one has anything close to definitive figures, but the most conservative estimates place the number of unregistered assault weapons well above 50,000, and perhaps as high as 350,000. And that means as of Jan. 1, Connecticut has very likely created tens of thousands of newly minted criminals — perhaps 100,000 people, almost certainly at least 20,000 — who have broken no other laws.

the ar is a very popular firearm

sales across the country went through the roof

as well as home builts

no one knows for sure but it considered

that those the registered their firearms and or magazines

is less then 15 percent that are out there

i would say 500 thousand is a low ball number

personally i am glad the state can not get a handle

on the actual number left unaccounted for

Refusing to allow the government to strip them of their rights. Good for them.

Molon Labe mother fuckers!

REBELLION: Hundreds of Thousands of Gun Owners Defy "Registration" in Connecticut

registration = confiscation

This is nonsense, ignorant, and wrong:

The “Takings Clause” of the Fifth Amendment to the federal constitution prohibits taking private property “for public use, without just compensation.” This prohibition applies to the states through the 14th Amendment. While the Takings Clause is often discussed in the context of land and real estate, it also applies to personal property. The clause applies to actual confiscations of property as well as to regulatory takings (e.g., laws that deprive a property owner of all beneficial use of the property).

Takings Clause cases can address a variety of issues, such as (1) whether a government action sufficiently infringed upon a property interest to constitute a compensable taking; (2) whether the taking was for public use; and (3) if compensation is required, how to value the property.

ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN AND TAKINGS CLAUSE

Even if the courts were to determine that the government taking of firearms is justified 'in the public interest' and compensation not warranted, each taking of a firearm is still entitled to due process review, in addition to the fact that in order for the government to take private property, search warrants would be required to determine the location of the firearms to be taken.

The process would be far too burdensome and overwhelm the courts rendering 'confiscation' of firearms impossible.

Refusing to allow the government to strip them of their rights. Good for them.

Molon Labe mother fuckers!

REBELLION: Hundreds of Thousands of Gun Owners Defy "Registration" in Connecticut

registration = confiscation

This is nonsense, ignorant, and wrong:

The “Takings Clause” of the Fifth Amendment to the federal constitution prohibits taking private property “for public use, without just compensation.” This prohibition applies to the states through the 14th Amendment. While the Takings Clause is often discussed in the context of land and real estate, it also applies to personal property. The clause applies to actual confiscations of property as well as to regulatory takings (e.g., laws that deprive a property owner of all beneficial use of the property).

Takings Clause cases can address a variety of issues, such as (1) whether a government action sufficiently infringed upon a property interest to constitute a compensable taking; (2) whether the taking was for public use; and (3) if compensation is required, how to value the property.

ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN AND TAKINGS CLAUSE

Even if the courts were to determine that the government taking of firearms is justified 'in the public interest' and compensation not warranted, each taking of a firearm is still entitled to due process review, in addition to the fact that in order for the government to take private property, search warrants would be required to determine the location of the firearms to be taken.

The process would be far too burdensome and overwhelm the courts rendering 'confiscation' of firearms impossible.

California’s Gun Confiscation Program Hits Firearm Owners Hard

California?s Gun Confiscation Program Hits Firearm Owners Hard | Calguns Foundation

It's still a LOT. There aren't enough jails to hold them or officers to arrest them It's a win.

dangitpassed.jpg

as well as home builts

I guarantee you there are not 500,000 "assault" weapons in just Connecticut.

as well as home builts

I guarantee you there are not 500,000 "assault" weapons in just Connecticut.

you have no way of knowing

i bet there are many more then that

I'm glad I live down south where at least the state govt won't come after my guns. The feds are my concern for now. How do yall stand to live in those communist states? Registration has resulted in confiscation in Great Britian, Australia, Germany and it will be the same here. Don't register a damn thing.

Forum List

Back