New Bullets Mean Certain Death

i'm sure our soldiers will be thankful when using it against our enemy.

i highly doubt these bullets will be everyday bullets

lakhota is just fear mongering

No soldier will ever use a hollow point. Hollow points are like firing a little parachute, the round actually slows itself down due to design.

The military uses a 5.56 round (.223) for a reason - it basically a .22 slug with a lot of powder, making a small, fast projectile.

Untrue. The exterior ballistics of hollowpoint rounds are identical to softpoint.

Don't most of the very-long-range (1000+ yard) shooters use boat-tail hollow points?

Reading around about other things, this thread came to mind seeing this item:

DARPA?s new experimental sniper bullet can turn in mid-flight - The Washington Post

"The Extreme Accuracy Tasked Ordnance (EXACTO) program, funded by the Pentagon’s Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, recently conducted the first successful live-fire tests of its new, experimental .50-caliber sniper ammunition. As shown by the green path above, its flight path can be adjusted while in mid-air."

No soldier will ever use a hollow point. Hollow points are like firing a little parachute, the round actually slows itself down due to design.

The military uses a 5.56 round (.223) for a reason - it basically a .22 slug with a lot of powder, making a small, fast projectile.

Untrue. The exterior ballistics of hollowpoint rounds are identical to softpoint.

Don't most of the very-long-range (1000+ yard) shooters use boat-tail hollow points?

Yes, we do. I use the Federal 175gr Premium Match .308 in my Steyr SSG. I'm good out to 1200 meters with that load. It drops out of supersonic somewhere between 1225 and 1235 meters depending on the individual round.

[MENTION=39447]Jarlaxle[/MENTION]

DARPA?s new experimental sniper bullet can turn in mid-flight - The Washington Post

"The Extreme Accuracy Tasked Ordnance (EXACTO) program, funded by the Pentagon’s Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, recently conducted the first successful live-fire tests of its new, experimental .50-caliber sniper ammunition. As shown by the green path above, its flight path can be adjusted while in mid-air."

Basically a super miniaturized Hellfire missile. Not very sporting if you ask me!:lol:

Basically a super miniaturized Hellfire missile. Not very sporting if you ask me!:lol:

Snipers don't care about sport.

On the other hand, if they actually make these things work, anyone could be a sniper, especially if they have a smart gun sight.

'Intelligent' Rifle Lets You Pre-Tag Your Target, Then Fire When Ready | Popular Science

People get shot a lot in America, and it isn’t always criminals doing the shooting. There are countless stories, stories every day, of people shooting themselves, their neighbors, their friends, and their children, by accident. They’re often “playing” with their guns. Or “cleaning” them when they go off accidentally. These are the law-abiding gun owners, the responsible ones. Sometimes these people are killed, and sometimes they’re just injured, like in the examples cited above.

But if one Georgia company is successful, accidental shootings that injure people may become a thing of the past. That’s because if people start using their bullets, pretty much every person who gets shot will die.

G2 Research’s “Radically Invasive Projectile” (RIP, get it? — because shooting people to death is hilarious) is a copper bullet that explodes when it hits a target (i.e., a human being) sending pieces screaming through vital organs and clearing a path for the bullet’s core to travel deeper through a person.

This multiplies the damage a bullet can do considerably, and is certain to turn what might otherwise be minor injuries into major ones, and major injuries into deaths.

And this is the bullet’s selling point.

Even if you support gun ownership, which most Americans do, it’s time to admit there is something very sick and wrong with our gun culture in this country. The people conducting “open carry” protests at restaurants and stores around the country don’t have pistols attached to their hips; they are carrying assault weapons almost as big as they are. Soon they’ll be able to buy these bullets that tear people apart from the inside.

What kind of fear motivates you that you need to surround yourself constantly with the killing power of a small nation’s military? Whom do you think you’re making safer by toting this stuff around? The number of people shot accidentally by so-called responsible, law-abiding gun owners in this country is astounding. The deadlier we make our guns and our bullets, the more often those shootings will turn into irreversible tragedies.

There is literally no reason for these bullets to exist. Guns are deadly enough as it is.

New Bullets Mean Certain Death - Blue Nation Review Blue Nation Review

This is the last bullet you'll ever need - watch and see the technology for yourself | Rare

G2R RIP 2014 - YouTube

This certainly is a deadly looking bullet. I wonder how accurate it is. I assume accuracy is secondary to its destructive power.

wow... a bullet designed to kill people...

mebbe I missed something, but I thought we already had such things...

Yes, we do. I use the Federal 175gr Premium Match .308 in my Steyr SSG. I'm good out to 1200 meters with that load. It drops out of supersonic somewhere between 1225 and 1235 meters depending on the individual round.

[MENTION=39447]Jarlaxle[/MENTION]

That's what I thought...my uncle uses them (though he casts & loads his own .22-250's) in his Remington 40. He's good to ~950 yards...that's all the space he has around here. :(

Would you use these bullets? If so, for what purpose?

Absolutely.

I carry.

I have for over 30 years.

I've never had to use my firearm, but I'm well trained to do so if the need should ever arise.

That said, I hope to never have to use my firearm with bad intentions, but if I need to I sure as hell don't want my assailant gettin' up for a second shot at me.

When I put him/her down, I mean them to stay down ..... permanently .... period. RIP

guns aren't the problem

You are right. It's people WITH guns that are the problem.

See, it's an advanced logic problem. There is "OR" and "AND". The problem isn't one or the other. The problem is one AND the other.

Alot of thing are like that. Like charcoal, potassium nitrate AND sulfer. By themselves, they are stable. Put them together and they are explosive.

It is important to expand your logic skills to include "AND". Nobody expects you to learn XAND or XOR. Those are advanced concepts. But you really should learn " AND". Most thing are "AND".

So, what do you do to keep sulfer, potassium nirtate AND charcoal from exploding? You separate them.

So, you are half right. By themselves, guns don't kill people. Just don't give them to people.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back