New African American Defense Secretary begins dismantling our HERITAGE. You TRAITORS who didn't vote for President Trump are happy NOW

I weep.

Good lord! Man's inhumanity to man and slavery were fixtures of the old world. Should be ditch terms like Colleseum? Pretend the pyramids don't exist? Boycott tobacco, sugar, rice and cotton? Erase the Axtec's from books? Get a grip cancel culture!

The parties switched in the 1960's after the Civil Rights Act. The Democratic southern Slaveowners of the Confederacy in the 1860's are now the Republican southerners of the 21st century.

Bill Moyers has mentioned this quote. He was an aide to LBJ before embarking on a long career in public broadcasting. This is from his book Moyers in America:

When he signed the act he was euphoric, but late that very night I found him in a melancholy mood as he lay in bed reading the bulldog edition of the Washington Post with headlines celebrating the day. I asked him what was troubling him. "I think we just delivered the South to the Republican party for a long time to come," he said.
-President Lyndon B. Johnson

So FDR was a Republican? Really?

Stonewall must never be compounded. Stone walls only.

"legislation requires renaming any “base, installation, street, building, facility, aircraft, ship, plane, weapon, equipment or any other property owned or controlled by the Department of Defense.”
I think it would be cruel to name a dog Bobby Lee. And while my daughter's old dog that she left when she went "NORTH" to college finally died at a ripe old age two years ago this coming August, I'm not sure about getting another after all these years living with dogs. I'm getting more done in yardwork, which I hate, but my wife won't move. And I really don't miss those daily walks.

But wouldn't we name bases for "winners." And how can Trump supporters disagree with their former presidents more incendiary views on what makes a hero?

The parties switched in the 1960's after the Civil Rights Act. The Democratic southern Slaveowners of the Confederacy in the 1860's are now the Republican southerners of the 21st century.

Bill Moyers has mentioned this quote. He was an aide to LBJ before embarking on a long career in public broadcasting. This is from his book Moyers in America:

When he signed the act he was euphoric, but late that very night I found him in a melancholy mood as he lay in bed reading the bulldog edition of the Washington Post with headlines celebrating the day. I asked him what was troubling him. "I think we just delivered the South to the Republican party for a long time to come," he said.

"I'll have them ******* voting democrat for the next 200 years" -- LBJ

Stonewall must never be compounded. Stone walls only.

"legislation requires renaming any “base, installation, street, building, facility, aircraft, ship, plane, weapon, equipment or any other property owned or controlled by the Department of Defense.”
I think it would be cruel to name a dog Bobby Lee. And while my daughter's old dog that she left when she went "NORTH" to college finally died at a ripe old age two years ago this coming August, I'm not sure about getting another after all these years living with dogs. I'm getting more done in yardwork, which I hate, but my wife won't move. And I really don't miss those daily walks.

But wouldn't we name bases for "winners." And how can Trump supporters disagree with their former presidents more incendiary views on what makes a hero?
I have noticed a lack of any facilities named after Benedict Arnold..

Republicans should be happy! After all, these Forts are now named mostly after Democrats. They can all be named after 19th Century Radical Republicans (and abolitionists) so far as I’m concerned.

The present names are not only those of Civil War Democrats, but also of slave-owners and supporters of slavery, Confederates, traitors and armed racist seditionists. The naming of these Forts was mostly done in the later Jim Crow Era. Changing the old names is just common sense —and good military policy — given our present day integrated and multi-ethnic armed forces.

I weep.

Funny. All those Confederates were Americans before the Civil War, and afterwards they were all pardoned in order to bring about actual unity and rebuilding. But as we know, Dems are all about dividing and destroying.

The parties did not switch in the 60's it was LBJ who told black women they could have some welfare if they had no man in the house . Switched? Where did you hear that? Id dems really care about raising people out of poverty how come we have more poverty than when ewe started? Because votes.

name the congress members that switched parties ......

Democrat Slave Owners who fought to keep their slaves. Yep dont remember history so it repeats itself.

Whaaaaat? Southern Democrats owned slaves? What's will you claim next? That Southern Democrat were responsible for the Civil war, the end of Reconstruction and the Jim Crow/Share Cropping Era too? The Hell You Say!

</sarcasm>

Which political party controls the South now?

Strom Thurmond, who Joe Biden used to hang out with long time ago. Most of them switched. But Strom Thurmond was the biggest one...he Filibustered the Civil Rights Bill for over 20 hours because he hated it that much.

James Strom Thurmond Sr. (December 5, 1902 – June 26, 2003) was an American military officer, attorney, judge and politician who served as a United States senator from South Carolina from 1954 to 2003 and as the 103rd governor of South Carolina from 1947 to 1951. Thurmond served in the United States Senate for 48 years, at first as a Southern Democrat and then, from 1964 onwards, as a Republican. He ran for president in 1948 as the Dixiecrat candidate on a states' rights platform supporting racial segregation. He received 2.4% of the popular vote and 39 electoral votes.

Name the Sothern Democrats who voted for the Civil Right Act.

I weep.

Let's be fair to Secretary Austin. He is only doing what he has been told to do. Any Secretary, regardless of his background, would have done the same, for that is what the man from Delaware wants.

Whether one likes it or not, the population profile of this country is rapidly changing in a dramatic manner.

So it is only natural that many places will be renamed in the coming decades.

Personally, I have no doubt that the capital of this country, for example, will also be eventually renamed.

I weep.

Let's be fair to Secretary Austin. He is only doing what he has been told to do. Any Secretary, regardless of his background, would have done the same, for that is what the man from Delaware wants.

Whether one likes it or not, the population profile of this country is rapidly changing in a dramatic manner.

So it is only natural that many places will be renamed in the coming decades.

Personally, I have no doubt that the capital of this country, for example, will also be eventually renamed.
Well then...hmmm

Forum List

Back