Nevada school board candidate: Constitution mandates people procreate — so gayness is unconstitutional

He isn’t far right – this is mainstream conservativism; see post #84 as an example.

There is no justification for such a claim.

Tucker Carlson is not a conservative. He may call himself one (don't know if he does or does not) and others may call him one.

But he is no more conservative than I am black.

This is typical of the hateful, bigoted right and illustrates how conservativism is the greatest threat to Americans’ rights and protected liberties.

Using inappropriate labels isn't new in politics.

Bush1 labeled Dukakis a liberal.

Dukakis was a left-winger and anything but a liberal.

Unfortunately, we now conflate liberals with left-wingers. A shame as I highly value the thoughts and opinions of true liberals.

I have to ask why this is in this (The Constitution) forum ?

There is no reason for it to be here.

That someone claims something in the Constitution does not automatically qualify it.

I would suggest it dilutes any serious threads.

Typical ?

I've never heard the argument this guy is making from anyone I know who is conservative (and that is a great many people).

I can't accept your claim that it is typical.
The neo-fascist, authoritarian right won’t stop with overturning Roe.

Conservatives will next attempt to overturn Lawrence and Obergefell, allowing the states to criminalize homosexuality and discriminate against gay and transgender Americans.

‘The lawyer who conceived Texas’ strict new abortion ban also suggested that same-sex intimacy and marriage are “court-invented rights” in a brief filed in support of the Mississippi law. Jonathan Mitchell argued for the Supreme Court to not only overturn Roe and Casey, but to “write an opinion that leaves those decisions hanging by a thread.”

“Lawrence and Obergefell, while far less hazardous to human life, are as lawless as Roe,” he wrote.’

Such is conservatives’ contempt for the Constitution, the rule of law, and the rights and protected liberties of the American people.

The neo-fascist, authoritarian right won’t stop with overturning Roe.

Conservatives will next attempt to overturn Lawrence and Obergefell, allowing the states to criminalize homosexuality and discriminate against gay and transgender Americans.

‘The lawyer who conceived Texas’ strict new abortion ban also suggested that same-sex intimacy and marriage are “court-invented rights” in a brief filed in support of the Mississippi law. Jonathan Mitchell argued for the Supreme Court to not only overturn Roe and Casey, but to “write an opinion that leaves those decisions hanging by a thread.”

“Lawrence and Obergefell, while far less hazardous to human life, are as lawless as Roe,” he wrote.’

Such is conservatives’ contempt for the Constitution, the rule of law, and the rights and protected liberties of the American people.

While I am not up to speed on what you describe, I reject your claim about conservatives.

Conservatives are no overturning Roe, the SCOTUS is. The arguments have been going on since 1973.

However, calling those with authoritarian designs.....conservatives is wrong.

It really does not matter if they call themselves the same....they would be incorrect too.

Far-right Nevada school board candidate claims the Constitution mandates people procreate — so gayness is unconstitutional

Holy shit! What? Who is going to defend this crap??!!

Where does the Constitution say that people must procreate?

Does that include heterosexual people who cannot, or chose not to procreate?

Gay people do in fact procreate and have children in a variety of ways just like straight people do.

Homosexuality is unconstitutional? ( Not gay rights...HOMOSEXUALITY itself)

The far right keeps descending further and further into insanity
if everyone was a democrat and queer, how long would the human race be around...not long

Far-right Nevada school board candidate claims the Constitution mandates people procreate — so gayness is unconstitutional

Gay people do in fact procreate and have children in a variety of ways just like straight people do.

What's with the right wing and Da Gayz?

A totally predictable result of the insanely far left swing the progressives have taken...

Pushing transgender. Men in women's sports. Those two alone would have any sensible person expecting an equally opposite recation.
We on the left did not create or invent trans people and not all transpeople are leftists or progressives. However, those on the right created the fear, intollerance and hysteria surounding the transgender issue. If you would just leave them in peace there would be no issue at all. We do not "push" transgender. We push for tollerance and acceptance

Forum List

Back