Netflix: The Adam Project

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
A time travel story with humor, starring Ryan Reynolds.

Reynolds is his usual smarmy self, and they found a kid to play the younger version of him who is equally smarmy.

This is light fare. If you are looking for a time travel movie heavy on the science, fuggedaboutid. But if you are looking for a couple hours of fast paced joke-cracking and the occasional sugary sentiment, you will like this movie.

You'll probably forget you saw this movie a couple weeks after watching it.

It does have Jennifer Garner in it, who is always nice to look at.

Since Disney bought the Marvel franchise, I haven't been able to find the Deadpool movies streaming anywhere. They're far too risqué for Disney. And they're my favorite Reynolds movies.
You can rent the Deadpool movies on Amazon. Four bucks.

Since Disney bought the Marvel franchise, I haven't been able to find the Deadpool movies streaming anywhere. They're far too risqué for Disney. And they're my favorite Reynolds movies.
That's when I started turning on the subtitles.....You miss so much funny dialog otherwise because the delivery is very quick. A poster on another board recommended it.

Fun movie, well worth the 106 minute investment. Walker Scobell was excellent as a young Ryan Reynolds, nice score for his first role.

Fun fact: Four of the stars have starred in Marvel movies...

Jennifer Garner - Elektra
Zoe Saldana - Gaurdians of the Galaxy
Mark Ruffalo - The Avengers (plus many others)
Ryan Reynolds - Deadpool 1 & 2

As I watched the credits I was... surprised? amused? to see listed some I had never seen before... COVID tester, COVID screener, and a couple of more COVID related credits...

A time travel story with humor, starring Ryan Reynolds.

Reynolds is his usual smarmy self, and they found a kid to play the younger version of him who is equally smarmy.

This is light fare. If you are looking for a time travel movie heavy on the science, fuggedaboutid. But if you are looking for a couple hours of fast paced joke-cracking and the occasional sugary sentiment, you will like this movie.

You'll probably forget you saw this movie a couple weeks after watching it.

It does have Jennifer Garner in it, who is always nice to look at.

Saw this on Neflix last night. Being a fan of Sci-Fi, I waited with anticipation. It has a decent cast, Ryan Reynolds, Jenifer Garner, and Mark Ruffalo and a decent script. The problem for me is this story of a man who goes back in time meets himself as young person has been the subject of at least 3 movies and a dozen scif novels or short stories. There is no surprises in the movie. In fact, I fell a sleep for about 20 mins in the middle of it. If you have been waiting for this move for months, I think you will be disappointed. It is not a bad movie and Ryan Reynolds was enjoyable to watch but it is not a very good movie. With the right twists in the plot it could have been a very good movie.

Forum List

Back