Nest week may be a repeat of last year for Texas

LOL

Nice survival rate of Solar panels in that last one................So reliable that massive amounts were taken out by hail..........

:woohoo::woohoo:

This could well be the storm that makes Beto governor, for the GOP and Abbot did nothing about preparedness for this kind of storm. Cruz will probably head for Cancun again. LOL

Has Teddy made reservations for warm sunny climates yet? He is not up for re-election and I have not heard where he put in a Generac backup system and propane tank.

Maybe the utilities put heaters in the wind turbines so they'll actually work this time.
I am not sure if you can do that with aftermarket installation, but I know very little about it.

th

Abbott will be blamed IF the grid goes down again

and it could, probably would, cost him his job

but that doesent mean the crazy dirt eater will be the beneficiary

There has to be power available for the control circuitry. And there's sufficient room in the nacelles.
I figure it had to go out to the end and might be too narrow for the last 15 or 20 feet. I have only seen the big ones from the interstate, never close up, though have seen the vanes being carried down the interstate. Recon it is an interior heat tape application? I really don't know jack about it. Bet there is somebody on here that does.

Abbott will be blamed IF the grid goes down again

and it could, probably would, cost him his job

but that doesent mean the crazy dirt eater will be the beneficiary
When it goes down again, Abbott and the legislature should be blamed.

When an ICE STORM HITS..........Trees will fall.......Ice will cause power lines to sag and snap..............There isn't a damned thing you can do about it but repair it afterwards.

Anyone who thinks MAN CAN STOP THAT........LOL.........is full of shit.................Underground is very expensive but it would stop it.......for HIGHER BILLS.

If we get another record freeze already what does that say about glowbull warming?
Nothing. We have had record freezes before in various places. I look more a receeding glacier and steady minute incremental rise in mean ocean level in Florida, at Miami and the Keys, rather than a bad cold or hot spell. I also look at the reduction of precipitation and water flow in the Colorado River and the lake levels along it.

Maybe the utilities put heaters in the wind turbines so they'll actually work this time.
Much easier to put in line heaters on the water lines that froze in the nukes and coal plants, and space heaters on the gas valves, because those were the primary cause of the failure of the Texas grid last year. The wind turbines in Montana and the Dakotas did not fail, and it was much colder for much longer there, so there are obviously was to winter proof them. And the gas valves did not freeze up in Minnesota, so obviously there is no reason for them freezing up in Texas.

Nothing. We have had record freezes before in various places. I look more a receeding glacier and steady minute incremental rise in mean ocean level in Florida, at Miami and the Keys, rather than a bad cold or hot spell. I also look at the reduction of precipitation and water flow in the Colorado River and the lake levels along it.
And increase in extreme weather events, both cold and hot, wet and dry, is an indication of the affect on the jet stream of a warmer Arctic.

We are supposed to be in the single digits Saturday morning with snow Thursday. We got it covered I think.

Forum List

Back