Nebraska Judge Grants Injunction, Keystone Pipeline On Hold

It looks like at least one judge doesn't believe it's right or legal for a foreign company to come to America and take private land from people. Which I totally agree. The eminent domain clause is meant for the US government. Not a private company in another nation.

Keystone XL pipeline on hold after Nebraska judge grants injunction - LA Times
The majorities of both the House and Senate disagree. :slap:

The KXL is no different from the previously-approved Alberta Clipper pipeline. There really is nothing new going on with Keystone that wasn't successfully resolved with the Alberta Clipper. Read just how much the State Department crowed about it...

The Department found that the addition of crude oil pipeline capacity between Canada and the United States will advance a number of strategic interests of the United States. These included increasing the diversity of available supplies among the United States’ worldwide crude oil sources in a time of considerable political tension in other major oil producing countries and regions; shortening the transportation pathway for crude oil supplies; and increasing crude oil supplies from a major non-Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries producer. Canada is a stable and reliable ally and trading partner of the United States, with which we have free trade agreements which augment the security of this energy supply.

Permit for Alberta Clipper Pipeline Issued

It looks like at least one judge doesn't believe it's right or legal for a foreign company to come to America and take private land from people. Which I totally agree. The eminent domain clause is meant for the US government. Not a private company in another nation.

The KXL is no different from the previously-approved Alberta Clipper pipeline. There really is nothing new going on with Keystone that wasn't successfully resolved with the Alberta Clipper. Read just how much the State Department crowed about it...

The Department found that the addition of crude oil pipeline capacity between Canada and the United States will advance a number of strategic interests of the United States. These included increasing the diversity of available supplies among the United States’ worldwide crude oil sources in a time of considerable political tension in other major oil producing countries and regions; shortening the transportation pathway for crude oil supplies; and increasing crude oil supplies from a major non-Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries producer. Canada is a stable and reliable ally and trading partner of the United States, with which we have free trade agreements which augment the security of this energy supply.

The problem is that a foreign company is basically stealing land from Americans to build that pipeline.

A judge issued an injunction and right now, it's all on hold. I hope the land owners win. They bought the land and they shouldn't be forced to sell parts or all of it to a foreign company.

In my opinion, that's not right and it's not what the founders of our nation meant when they included the eminent domain in our constitution.

The problem is that a foreign company is basically stealing land from Americans to build that pipeline.

A judge issued an injunction and right now, it's all on hold. I hope the land owners win. They bought the land and they shouldn't be forced to sell parts or all of it to a foreign company.

In my opinion, that's not right and it's not what the founders of our nation meant when they included the eminent domain in our constitution.
The "problem" is that you can not simplify a very complex project to an issue of "stealing land".

I've got neither the time or patience for your moronic idiocy, Brotch. :slap:

Forum List

Back