Nearly 13 years old the ACA has proven GOP dead wrong... again, again, and again.

That’s not true. The marketplace pooled all of these people who wanted insurance together giving them consumer power. Then it was subsidized in 3 ways to make it affordable, the smallest of which was eliminated by crooked courts.

First, on the spending side, cuts in Medicare payment rates and reductions in payments to the Medicare Advantage program trimmed spending by more than $700 billion by 2025.
I'm surprised that you're bragging about pulling the rug out from under hard working seniors who paid into Medicare all their lives.
Second and eventually eliminated the law raised revenue by imposing tax penalties on people who don’t have health insurance ($43 billion by 2025) and employers that don’t offer coverage to their workers ($167 billion), among other things.
That's been eliminated, so why bring it up?
High-income taxpayers also help pay for Obamacare. The health law requires workers to pay a tax equal to 0.9% of their wages over $200,000 if single or $250,000 if married filing jointly to finance Medicare’s hospital insurance. It also imposes a 3.8% surtax on various forms of investment income for taxpayers whose modified adjusted gross income is over $200,000 if single or $250,000 if married filing jointly. Those provisions were to account for $346 billion in revenues by 2025.
Yes, the Democratic solution to fund their spending sprees: tax the rich. Never worked, never will. Rich people are far smarter than Democratic policians and IRS functionaries. During those years when Trump claimed zero income, how much did he pay into Obamacare?

The main thing is for the government to gain control of health care. Then they have voters right where they want them.

if I go to a Dr who is out of nerwork I'm subject to a deductible before my plan kicks in. The solution for me? I only use Dr's IN NETWORK, & they're plenty of them. Insurers have been steering patients to Dr's who are in network for decades, before the ACA was even thought of.
So you are not choosinng your doctor, your insurance company is. Thanks for confirming what I posted.

So you are not choosinng your doctor, your insurance company is. Thanks for confirming what I posted.
"If you like your Dr., you can keep your Dr."-Barry Hussein.

Was that the Lie Of The Year, or was it one of the dozens of other lies?

On March 23, 2010 Obama and a democratic House and Senate passed the ACA (Obamacare) 100% on party lines. Not one single Republican supported this plan. None. 58 Democratic Senators and 2 independents pushed the ACA through congress. The GOP issued doomsday warning of impending doom to our healthcare system. So where do we sit today?

• Zero increase in the out of pocket trend from ACA
  • Zero increase in overall spending increase from ACA
  • Historically low percentage of people uninsured
  • Zero death panels are in place
  • You can go to the doctor you want to go to

The GOP's dire warning regarding the Obamacare (ACA) have all ended up in the wasteland of unrealized fear mongering by people who only care about election, not service. Why would anyone support a group this wrong about everything? Tens of millions of lives improved with no corresponding economic downside.

OVERALL HEALTH CARE EXPENSES OVER TIME - Notice no change the to the trend line

View attachment 747265

OUT OF POCKET SPENDING OVER TIME - Notice no change ot the trend line

View attachment 747267

NUMBER OF UNINSURED AMERICANS - Notice all the lives positively impacted by legislation
View attachment 747269

Sources

Biden added over 5 million to the roll of Obamacare the last years, all of which Ametican citizens are paying for. Interesting how your charts and graphs don't cover that.

I'm surprised that you're bragging about pulling the rug out from under hard working seniors who paid into Medicare all their lives.

That's been eliminated, so why bring it up?

Yes, the Democratic solution to fund their spending sprees: tax the rich. Never worked, never will. Rich people are far smarter than Democratic policians and IRS functionaries. During those years when Trump claimed zero income, how much did he pay into Obamacare?
The only person to ever balance the budget was Clinton who… taxed the wealthy. You’re not wealthy so why care? It’s the most efficient way to find the government.

Biden added over 5 million to the roll of Obamacare the last years, all of which Ametican citizens are paying for. Interesting how your charts and graphs don't cover that.
It’s healthcare. It’s not free and it’s expensive. Adding 20M to the insured levels is great work. America is better for it.

The only person to ever balance the budget was Clinton who… taxed the wealthy. You’re not wealthy so why care? It’s the most efficient way to find the government.
No, the most efficient way to find the government is to speak out against grooming at a school board meeting. Then the police will show up almost immediately.

You should learn to read.
Read this, then tell me what year it is, Simp.

First, on the spending side, cuts in Medicare payment rates and reductions in payments to the Medicare Advantage program trimmed spending by more than $700 billion by 2025.

Tell us how spending can be "trimmed" already when it's still 2023.

Once again I'll ask you....and you will again run away...........how did Clinton balance the budget when he vetoed that budget TWICE, and only signed it when he faced an override, Simp.

"If you like your Dr., you can keep your Dr."-Barry Hussein.

Was that the Lie Of The Year, or was it one of the dozens of other lies?

IDK. In the last ten years, only one time was my medical provider in my network and even then some of the coattail providers for the testing were not. I just have insurance mainly for the "allowable" write-downs or if I end up having something catastrophic. I have never in my adult life ever even met my annual health insurance deductible let alone the out of pocket cap.

No. I have had jobs where it was my job to budget and review healthcare plans for a multibillion corporation with thousands of employees. We signed a contract for 2 years, sometimes only one, and rebid. That causes us to change carriers. Every 2 years. That is what happened at your company.

The ACA happened to my company. The increases were gradual, not an order of magnitude jump that forced me to a high deductible plan.

On March 23, 2010 Obama and a democratic House and Senate passed the ACA (Obamacare) 100% on party lines. Not one single Republican supported this plan. None. 58 Democratic Senators and 2 independents pushed the ACA through congress. The GOP issued doomsday warning of impending doom to our healthcare system. So where do we sit today?

• Zero increase in the out of pocket trend from ACA
  • Zero increase in overall spending increase from ACA
  • Historically low percentage of people uninsured
  • Zero death panels are in place
  • You can go to the doctor you want to go to

The GOP's dire warning regarding the Obamacare (ACA) have all ended up in the wasteland of unrealized fear mongering by people who only care about election, not service. Why would anyone support a group this wrong about everything? Tens of millions of lives improved with no corresponding economic downside.

OVERALL HEALTH CARE EXPENSES OVER TIME - Notice no change the to the trend line

View attachment 747265

OUT OF POCKET SPENDING OVER TIME - Notice no change ot the trend line

View attachment 747267

NUMBER OF UNINSURED AMERICANS - Notice all the lives positively impacted by legislation
View attachment 747269

Sources

it cost my family and I the best insurance we ever had, we now pay higher premiums for less coverage, lost our providers of 20 years. Only a stupid inbred jungle bunny would think we are better off.

Much of the debt increase yoy is due to ACA. What a fucking dumbass post.

it cost my family and I the best insurance we ever had, we now pay higher premiums for less coverage, lost our providers of 20 years. Only a stupid inbred jungle bunny would think we are better off.

Much of the debt increase yoy is due to ACA. What a fucking dumbass post.
Sure, provide the specifics or be called a liar like your fellow republic pol Santos.

The ACA happened to my company. The increases were gradual, not an order of magnitude jump that forced me to a high deductible plan.
And, correct me if I'm wrong, but you're getting a high deductible plan, with limited coverage, for about the same price as the full coverage policy used to cost. Amirite?

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but you're getting a high deductible plan, with limited coverage, for about the same price as the full coverage policy used to cost. Amirite?

At the time the high deductible I took as a replacement was slightly cheaper than the PPO I used to get, but only slightly. They gave you the carrot of an HSA that the company matched up to $1500, but that got lower and lower as time went on.

But I went from a $500 deductible to $2500, and before I hit 40 or so, I never came close to $2500.

Forum List

Back