NBC News: Only 6% of Americans believe the "Putin Price Hike" malarkey

As the new prez, Harris would get to nominate someone to be her VP if Biden resigned or got 25thed (which BTW ain't going to happen). But the thing is, whoever Harris picks has to be approved by a majority vote in the House and the Senate, and once Kamala is the prez she don't get to be the tie-breaking vote in the Senate anymore. Sooo, whether she wants Pelosi, Warren, Bernie, or some other far Left lunatic, it don't matter cuz the democrats won't have a Senate majority anymore.
So her new VP will break the tie. She doesn’t have to pick a Senator.

So her new VP will break the tie. She doesn’t have to pick a Senator.

NO. The VP is NOT the new VP and has no tie-breaking vote in the Senate until AFTER he/she gets confirmed by a majority vote in both Houses of Congress. Doesn't matter who the new VP nominee is, and Harris can't vote either once she becomes the prez.

NO. The VP is NOT the new VP and has no tie-breaking vote in the Senate until AFTER he/she gets confirmed by a majority vote in both Houses of Congress. Doesn't matter who the new VP nominee is, and Harris can't vote either once she becomes the prez.
Interesting. So you are saying that once the cackling Affirmative Action pick ascends to the presidency, she cannot choose her VP without a majority vote from the Senate? That would force her to pick a moderate.

Interesting. So you are saying that once the cackling Affirmative Action pick ascends to the presidency, she cannot choose her VP without a majority vote from the Senate? That would force her to pick a moderate.

To be clear, as the new prez Harris could nominate anybody she wants to as her VP, BUT that person cannot take office and be the tie-breaking vote in the Senate until AFTER he or she has been confirmed by the Senate and the House. And neither can Harris, once she assumes the presidency. So, we have 2 basic options:

1. Harris nominates Senator Warren or another senator to be the new VP. I am not sure if Warren has to resign from the Senate in that event, and be allowed to vote for her own confirmation or not. One would think not, but I don't know the law on that. Certainly that would not be well-received by everybody else who is not a democrat and maybe not even all of the democrats. But what I do know is that even if she could vote once, she won't be able to vote for herself twice; once as a senator and once as the new VP, for the simple reason that she won't be the new VP until AFTER the confirmation vote and she takes the oath of office for VP. Either way, the democrats would not have a pathway to 51 votes in the Senate. Remember, as the new prez Harris does not get to vote.

2. Harris nominates a non-senator, be it Pelosi (unlikely) or anyone else. At that point , Harris is no longer the VP and does not have the tie-breaking vote. So, the best the democrats could do is 50-50, and a majority vote is required or the confirmation fails. UNLESS some fuckwad RINO sides with the democrats.

To be clear, as the new prez Harris could nominate anybody she wants to as her VP, BUT that person cannot take office and be the tie-breaking vote in the Senate until AFTER he or she has been confirmed by the Senate and the House. And neither can Harris, once she assumes the presidency. So, we have 2 basic options:

1. Harris nominates Senator Warren or another senator to be the new VP. I am not sure if Warren has to resign from the Senate in that event, and be allowed to vote for her own confirmation or not. One would think not, but I don't know the law on that. Certainly that would not be well-received by everybody else who is not a democrat and maybe not even all of the democrats. But what I do know is that even if she could vote once, she won't be able to vote for herself twice; once as a senator and once as the new VP, for the simple reason that she won't be the new VP until AFTER the confirmation vote and she takes the oath of office for VP. Either way, the democrats would not have a pathway to 51 votes in the Senate. Remember, as the new prez Harris does not get to vote.

2. Harris nominates a non-senator, be it Pelosi (unlikely) or anyone else. At that point , Harris is no longer the VP and does not have the tie-breaking vote. So, the best the democrats could do is 50-50, and a majority vote is required or the confirmation fails. UNLESS some fuckwad RINO sides with the democrats.
It’s the RHINOs we have to be wary of.

It’s the RHINOs we have to be wary of.

Yep. That tie-breaking vote is huge in the Senate though, mostly for Supreme court confirmations. If Clarence Thomas dies or resigns the democrats will be all over that in one quick hurry. Which IMHO is likely why Biden won't resign at least until after November unless he absolutely has to.

Yep. That tie-breaking vote is huge in the Senate though, mostly for Supreme court confirmations. If Clarence Thomas dies or resigns the democrats will be all over that in one quick hurry. Which IMHO is likely why Biden won't resign at least until after November unless he absolutely has to.
Clarence Thomas won’t resign. I just hope he doesn’t suffer a “Scalia.”

And yes, they will try to keep Dementia propped up as long as possible, with his appearances being few and far between, and scripted. His old man gait will continue to degenerate, and America will be even more of a laughing stock.

Lord help us.

Clarence Thomas won’t resign. I just hope he doesn’t suffer a “Scalia.”

And yes, they will try to keep Dementia propped up as long as possible, with his appearances being few and far between, and scripted. His old man gait will continue to degenerate, and America will be even more of a laughing stock.

Lord help us.
Well, every day that he's in the WH is a day where the democrats look bad. As it stands now, I think they're in for a worse butt-kicking than 2010 was. But OTOH, they look bad anyway and the only voice of reason they have is Manchin and his own party hates him.

And you can bet that 6% are all USMB Biden-supporters. :laughing0301:

"Media and Political gaslighting only work for so long"

"The narrative is breaking and folks realize the Biden administration doesn’t care about them or their well-being. Most Americans are realizing inflation and insane fuel/food prices are directly related to things done since January 2021 when Biden took office."

Americans are tired of being lied to — NBC News reports only 6% of Americans believe the “Putin’s Price Hike” malarkey and basically everyone recognizes that Biden’s policies are responsible – Investment Watch
The same 6% that believe there are 86 genders and you can pick yours. The same people that believe the jab and masks have an effect on covid.

Just to clarify the 25th Amendment, basically it's for when a president is incapacitated in some way and can't or won't resign, and we're not talking about a temporary thing but a permanent presidential change. In Biden's case, if he can't or won't resign then I believe either the VP or a majority of the president's cabinet have to notify Congress that the president isn't fit to serve. If Biden does not object then that's it, Harris becomes our president. But if he does object then he remains our president; if the VP and cabinet members say he's still incapable, that's when Congress gets involved and the House and the Senate convene and they must vote by a 2/3 vote to permanently strip the powers of the presidency away from the president and transfer them to the vice president.

OK, now let's talk about reality, I don't see that happening. If the democrats ask Biden to resign for the good of the party then I think he'd do it, especially if they tell him he'll get kicked out anyway via the 25th Amendment. Which would have to be the absolute worst thing to happen to any president, removed from office by his own party, assuming the votes are there to do just that in the House and Senate. Even if the votes aren't there, does he want to be the 1st president to be in that position, how could he function as president if the attempt was made?

Congress already has the means to remove a sitting president, that's what impeachment is for. So, if the House flips to the GOP then come next January I expect just that to occur. It's doubtful he would be removed from office, the Senate democrats won't support that though. But Congress does not have the authority to begin a 25th Amendment action, the VP and the cabinet members do that. Under the 25th, Congress only gets involved when there is a dispute between the prez and the VP/Cabinet and Congress would decide whether the prez stays or goes.

But I just don't see the democrats using the 25th Amendment against Biden, I think he would resign citing health concerns that nobody would question. If the democrats ever did try to 25th Biden, the party would be permanently stained for a long time and possibly result in a split into 2 factions, the moderates and the loonies. They'd get killed in future elections and that is the whole point for them to avoid that.

If the republicans turn over the senate by sufficient margins, senate democrats are a non issue.

In the November elections, 34 Senate seats are up for grabs, but only 14 are democrats. Which means even if the GOP wins every one of those 14 seats, they'll end up with 64 seats in the Senate and that is not enough to remove a sitting president, either via the 25th Amendment or by an impeachment trial. You gotta have 67 votes to remove a president.

In the November elections, 34 Senate seats are up for grabs, but only 14 are democrats. Which means even if the GOP wins every one of those 14 seats, they'll end up with 64 seats in the Senate and that is not enough to remove a sitting president, either via the 25th Amendment or by an impeachment trial. You gotta have 67 votes to remove a president.
Let us not discount Manchin and Sinema and others who might possibly want to keep their seats in coming elections as well. How many indys are up for grabs.

How many indys are up for grabs.
None this year. There are only 2 Indys in the Senate, Angus King (ME) and Bernie Sanders (VT). Both 'em caucus with and vote with the democrats and both of them are up for re-election in 2024. I believe the GOP has a chance to take back the majority in the Senate, but I doubt they'll win more than a few seats cuz they got 20 GOP seats on the line this year. Will they keep all of their own? We'll see.

Putin's price hike is "We have printed trillions of unsecured dollars, but Putin is to blame."
The sad thing is, we have Biden morons who believe it. Even in this forum, we have leftists insisting that Biden has not been responsible for ONE thing that has gone wrong.

Forum List

Back