Nauseating Day For Wall Street As Stocks Plunge

QE fueled a stock bubble...for which we are/were due for at least a 10% correction.

Add in ISIS, Ebola and the slowdown of the global economy, and it's not so pretty.

Now, if the government would just get out of the way of the private sector, we might be able to repair the damage....

Damn that George Bush, he is at it again! He is causing another global meltdown. This guy has to be the most influential person in the world!

Not long ago, a liberal posted a thread saying that Wall Street was doing great and that it indicated that the economy was improved. So, if that were true, then what does this mean?

A nauseating day for Wall Street as stocks plunge - Yahoo News

Not only that they were pissed that people weren't thanking Obama because Obama made it all happen....

So what will they do now that the market is tanking...

Why blame it on Bush and or the GOP of course....

"Conservatives" are not forbidden to to make intelligent comments, they just never do.

Market corrections happen. Has a long ways to go to get to a normal 10% correction. Not like Georgie's plunge down to 6550.

"Conservatives" are not forbidden to to make intelligent comments, they just never do.

Market corrections happen. Has a long ways to go to get to a normal 10% correction. Not like Georgie's plunge down to 6550.

This comment reminds me of the Monty Python movie Holy Grail...
The knight gets his arm hacked off and comments...
A mere flesh wound...

I think it is worth hearing everyday:

QE2: 80 BILLION TAX DOLLARS PER MONTH SPENT ON PURCHASING MORTGAGE-BACKED SECURITIES.

QE1: I do not remember the numbers exactly, but I believe it is 10-20 billion per month in munucipal bond purchases by the U.S. Taxpayer.

The idea of this itself is disgusting. In addition, The Fed act of keeping interest rates so low, thereby making for a nominal return in many savings instruments, is driving huge amounts of money into the equities market. The market is unnaturally robust and in need of a correction.

Finally, those leftist punks like to bitch about wealth disparity. Well, what has contributed to this more than Fed policy that is driving money into equities and, thereby, inflating stock values? There have been huge sums of money made over the past 2 years in the market, mainly by those who are already wealthy.

Personally, I begrudge those people absolutely nothing for profiting. I do, however, think that QE is not sound policy. Moreover, it sure as hell should not have gone on this long. The primary reason I believe it has gone on so long is that the lower interest rates keeps our $17 TRILLION national debt from growing so fast.

Forum List

Back