NY AG says she may seize Trump's buildings if he can't pay his $354M civil fraud fine

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Oh my! Can't move the buildings, can't hide them. Take away the visible fruits of his crime...sounds like justice, to me~

Four days after a judge ordered former President Donald Trump to pay $354 million in his civil fraud case, New York Attorney General Letitia James told ABC News that she is prepared to seize the former president's assets if he is unable to find the cash to cover the fine.
"If he does not have funds to pay off the judgment, then we will seek judgment enforcement mechanisms in court, and we will ask the judge to seize his assets," James said in an interview with ABC News' Aaron Katersky.
Trump was fined $354.8 million plus approximately $100 million in pre-judgment interest on Friday after Judge Arthur Engoron determined that he inflated his net worth in order get more favorable loan terms.
The former president has denied all wrongdoing and has said he will appeal.
Saying that she was "very confident" with the strength of her case on appeal, James reiterated that her office would not hesitate to seize Trump's assets -- mentioning Trump's 40 Wall Street skyscraper by name -- if the former president is unable to find the cash to cover the court-ordered disgorgement.

"We are prepared to make sure that the judgment is paid to New Yorkers, and yes, I look at 40 Wall Street each and every day," James said of the standard court process for collecting judgments in civil cases.

Oh my! Can't move the buildings, can't hide them. Take away the visible fruits of his crime...sounds like justice, to me~

Four days after a judge ordered former President Donald Trump to pay $354 million in his civil fraud case, New York Attorney General Letitia James told ABC News that she is prepared to seize the former president's assets if he is unable to find the cash to cover the fine.
"If he does not have funds to pay off the judgment, then we will seek judgment enforcement mechanisms in court, and we will ask the judge to seize his assets," James said in an interview with ABC News' Aaron Katersky.
Trump was fined $354.8 million plus approximately $100 million in pre-judgment interest on Friday after Judge Arthur Engoron determined that he inflated his net worth in order get more favorable loan terms.
Saying that she was "very confident" with the strength of her case on appeal, James reiterated that her office would not hesitate to seize Trump's assets -- mentioning Trump's 40 Wall Street skyscraper by name -- if the former president is unable to find the cash to cover the court-ordered disgorgement.

"We are prepared to make sure that the judgment is paid to New Yorkers, and yes, I look at 40 Wall Street each and every day," James said of the standard court process for collecting judgments in civil cases.

Its common for the law to seize assets.

You're dealing with straight up communists, really.
These laws were all on the books long before Trump slithered down the escalator.

And he knew he was breaking them. And you know he knew.

It's probably not a good idea to go on a 30 year crime spree, and then willingly become the most scrutinized person on the planet.

You're dealing with straight up communists, really.

That whole case against him, as well as the ruling, was Stalinist in nature.

Businesses would do well to take heed to how they operate in New York.
Well....you're just lost as to Communism and Stalinist tactics.

You are, however, spot on as to your last sentence...which is, after all, the point~

Trump must appeal

When this judgment has been overturned completely and emphatically, do not be surprised if "forces" in the business community go after the judge and DA, including having them both DISBARRED.

They may believe that they can do anything they want, living in a Leftist incubator, but there is an outside world that is watching this.

sounds like fascism to me ..

Forum List

Back