Narcan approved for over the counter sale. What happened to don't do drugs?

Well that makes no sense.

If someone over doses and dies then they won't ever use drugs again. If someone overdoses and lives then there is a small chance they will stop using drugs. Well in recent years drug use, overdoses and deaths have all increased. So how will otc narcan change a thing? By your logic people now either are surviving and the ones that don't have 0 chance to ever use drugs again, so why does drug use and overdoses keep going up? If nothing else narcan will allow more people to survive to keep using drugs and cause drug use to go up even higher

If a normal adult gets their medications from actual medication producers they won't ever come into contact with fentanyl. Unless someone is smuggling thousands of pound into of it and putting it in the vats at a Tylenol production plan lt or as a prank someone puts it in grandmas sugar bowl 99.9% of normal people won't ever come in contact with it. And what you're saying is every single person in America would need to carry a narcan unit with them all the time which is just a ridiculous idea.

And, you're ignoring the biggest problem of all. Maybe instead of making narcan otc maybe we should I don't know maybe stop letting fentanyl be a issue? And stop letting drugs be as big of an issue as they are?

We can't stop it completely but if it gets to the point where people like you actually argue people need to carry around narcan then it's obvious we have a serious fucking problem. And your answer isn't to stop the problem, it's to find ways to live with the problem.
Boiled down to it: your argument is "let them die?"

I’m sure god and Jesus are 100% okay with you judging and condemning other people to Hell.

God loves it when you presume to know as much as He
Lol, I don't have to be god to know where you belong.

Well that makes no sense.

If someone over doses and dies then they won't ever use drugs again. If someone overdoses and lives then there is a small chance they will stop using drugs. Well in recent years drug use, overdoses and deaths have all increased. So how will otc narcan change a thing? By your logic people now either are surviving and the ones that don't have 0 chance to ever use drugs again, so why does drug use and overdoses keep going up? If nothing else narcan will allow more people to survive to keep using drugs and cause drug use to go up even higher

If a normal adult gets their medications from actual medication producers they won't ever come into contact with fentanyl. Unless someone is smuggling thousands of pound into of it and putting it in the vats at a Tylenol production plan lt or as a prank someone puts it in grandmas sugar bowl 99.9% of normal people won't ever come in contact with it. And what you're saying is every single person in America would need to carry a narcan unit with them all the time which is just a ridiculous idea.

And, you're ignoring the biggest problem of all. Maybe instead of making narcan otc maybe we should I don't know maybe stop letting fentanyl be a issue? And stop letting drugs be as big of an issue as they are?

We can't stop it completely but if it gets to the point where people like you actually argue people need to carry around narcan then it's obvious we have a serious fucking problem. And your answer isn't to stop the problem, it's to find ways to live with the problem.

I agree that the vast majority will eventually die. However, some do heal themselves.

I prefer to give them that chance.

It's all part of the enabling of the habit instead of the shaming of the habit.

Feed them just enough so they don't die, fix their OD's when you can, try to shelter them without forcing treatment.
I am not seeing how keeping them from dying is enabling them. In my case you're essentially telling a church that they should not have this for a parishioner in their first aid bag, or tell EMTs they shouldn't try to save people.

Um...ok...but society disagrees.

I am not seeing how keeping them from dying is enabling them. In my case you're essentially telling a church that they should not have this for a parishioner in their first aid bag, or tell EMTs they shouldn't try to save people.

Um...ok...but society disagrees.

EMT's don't need these to be OTC.

Keeping them from dying RIGHT THEN.

You can't treat them if they are already dead.

They die anyway without forceful treatment. It just takes longer, and they have more chances to rob, injure or kill decent people.

Plus getting people out of the system quickly and efficiently doesn't allow for massive bloated government agencies and the companies they subcontract out to.

They die anyway without forceful treatment. It just takes longer, and they have more chances to rob, injure or kill decent people.

Plus getting people out of the system quickly and efficiently doesn't allow for massive bloated government agencies and the companies they subcontract out to.
Well...thats definitely a view. Not seeing how you can treat them if they are already dead. One time can be enough, and many of these events now are happening to kids who don't realize the headache pill they just took has fentanyl in it.

Forum List

Back