Narcan approved for over the counter sale. What happened to don't do drugs?

Narcan which is used for opioid overdoses can now be bought over the counter.

What is this? To me this pretty much says "when you do drugs and overdose just use this and you can save a dopeheads life so they can live to do more drugs later". This is essentially approving drug use and diminishes their negative effects. It makes opiod abuse a little more acceptable.

When I was a kid we had slogans like don't do drugs, DARE officers came to our schools and talked about drugs, comic books had little ads about not doing drugs, cartoons would sometimes have little messages about not doing drugs and so on. What happened to all of that?

We should be discouraging drug use, not normalizing it.
Thank dems

You just need to understand that self control is the issue idiot!
You need to understand human nature, Bingo. Some of us are naturally more risk adverse, some of us are natural risk takers. It's the risk takers among us by the way who correlate with being better capitalists and small business owners. These traits aren't just negative, they're also positive depending on the situation.

That is the great thing about time. No matter how evil a person or society becomes, they will all eventually die and give an account to God.

It also means that the rest of us don't have to put up with their shit forever.
I’m sure He will have something to say to you about your lack of compassion and judging others

No, this is a good thing. Many people do drugs for whatever reasons, and this way those who OD can be saved, and some will finally stop taking drugs too.

Furthermore, with fentanyl so common, accidental contact is a real possibility for even normal folks. Now they have a chance to not die.

NARCAN should have been made OTC long ago.

If you are passed out on the floor, turning blue, convulsing....how is nasal spray in your pocket supposed to help you?

If you are passed out on the floor, turning blue, convulsing....how is nasal spray in your pocket supposed to help you?
Obviously in that case someone else would have to administer it.

There are plenty of cases where one might overdose accidentally, realize it before it gets to the “convulsing on the floor” stage, and self-administer narcan.

By your logic why should people with allergies that cause anaphylaxis carry an epi-pen? Or brittle diabetics glucagon?

Someone else can administer it for you. I am going to keep a dose in each vehicle just in case I come across someone in need.

I'm certain you will face Satan and burn forever like you deserve.
I’m sure god and Jesus are 100% okay with you judging and condemning other people to Hell.

God loves it when you presume to know as much as He

Narcan which is used for opioid overdoses can now be bought over the counter.

What is this? To me this pretty much says "when you do drugs and overdose just use this and you can save a dopeheads life so they can live to do more drugs later". This is essentially approving drug use and diminishes their negative effects. It makes opiod abuse a little more acceptable.

When I was a kid we had slogans like don't do drugs, DARE officers came to our schools and talked about drugs, comic books had little ads about not doing drugs, cartoons would sometimes have little messages about not doing drugs and so on. What happened to all of that?

We should be discouraging drug use, not normalizing it.

Blue city Walgreens and CVSs are going to get looted for this stuff at an astronomical rate.

LOL

The D.A.R.E. program was a failure because people have been getting high for thousands of years and will continue to do so. Throwing money away on goofy programs is pointless.
Kind of like proposed gun restrictions .. or the precedents we've seen with alcohol and drugs .. it doesn't work.

No, this is a good thing. Many people do drugs for whatever reasons, and this way those who OD can be saved, and some will finally stop taking drugs too.

Furthermore, with fentanyl so common, accidental contact is a real possibility for even normal folks. Now they have a chance to not die.

NARCAN should have been made OTC long ago.

Well that makes no sense.

If someone over doses and dies then they won't ever use drugs again. If someone overdoses and lives then there is a small chance they will stop using drugs. Well in recent years drug use, overdoses and deaths have all increased. So how will otc narcan change a thing? By your logic people now either are surviving and the ones that don't have 0 chance to ever use drugs again, so why does drug use and overdoses keep going up? If nothing else narcan will allow more people to survive to keep using drugs and cause drug use to go up even higher

If a normal adult gets their medications from actual medication producers they won't ever come into contact with fentanyl. Unless someone is smuggling thousands of pound into of it and putting it in the vats at a Tylenol production plan lt or as a prank someone puts it in grandmas sugar bowl 99.9% of normal people won't ever come in contact with it. And what you're saying is every single person in America would need to carry a narcan unit with them all the time which is just a ridiculous idea.

And, you're ignoring the biggest problem of all. Maybe instead of making narcan otc maybe we should I don't know maybe stop letting fentanyl be a issue? And stop letting drugs be as big of an issue as they are?

We can't stop it completely but if it gets to the point where people like you actually argue people need to carry around narcan then it's obvious we have a serious fucking problem. And your answer isn't to stop the problem, it's to find ways to live with the problem.

Forum List

Back