Nanny/Police State: NYC Ban On Large Sugared Drinks...

Or is this another fine example of how private industry looks out for us consumers.

MackD sells products that they know will make you obese if abused. Then they make it easy for people to buy sufficent quantity to abuse and harm themselves.

And you all celebrate that. You all are real happy with cigs as well?

Yea cigaretes may give you cancer, so what, health care is free and you should be able to abuse yourself any way you want and then expect everyone else to pay for your stupidity. No thanks.

Yeah, I was walking down the street today and was accosted by a hershey bar, a Big Mac and a 32 oz. Coke. I had no choice but to ingest all of it. Weenies.

So NYC bans the large soda but still sells 40 ounces of beer? how does any of this make any sense?

See if you can grasp this idea.

Kids can't buy beer. Kids are the fastest growing segment of obese people and the ones that will live with the costs of being obese the longest.

Your welcome.

Is it unconstitutional for NYC to do this?

I don't support btw because I can't see it working although if NYC wants to do it and can demonstrate I'm wrong, I might change my opinion.

I'm for dealing with the high cost of obesity by increasing health insurance premiums for fat people.

Do you really believe that the health of the nation's people is not a vital national interest?

We are not the nations, "people".
and no, it's none of the Government's business what our HEATLH is.
where the hell do we live these days?

Should we then abolish the CDC? Should we then end all mandated vaccinations, and bring back polio, and smallpox, etc?

Does the defense of this nation depend on a healthy population? Is defense a national interest?

Does the economy depend on a healthy population? Is the economy a national interest?

OMG...you are one scary person
IT'S not the GOVERMENTS JOB to worry about "the peoples" health..You don't care about having your freedoms taken away, so be it..
we see how well their attack on smokers did..all it did was put more burdens and TAXES on the poor of this country that you libs cry, you care about so much more
we will get to see a FAT TAX heading our way

Homo fag marriage and Sodomy is ok, but oversized sodas is illegal. America is being laughed at all over the world. New York city will get no respect.

Should we then abolish the CDC? Should we then end all mandated vaccinations, and bring back polio, and smallpox, etc?

Does the defense of this nation depend on a healthy population? Is defense a national interest?

Does the economy depend on a healthy population? Is the economy a national interest?

IT'S not the GOVERMENTS JOB to worry about "the peoples" health..You don't care about having your freedoms taken away, so be it..
we see how well their attack on smokers did..all it did was put more burdens and TAXES on the poor of this country that you libs cry, you care about so much more

The attack on smokers was just the tip of the ice berg, now we have people going after soda and you know they are eyeing alcohol and want to ban it.

So NYC bans the large soda but still sells 40 ounces of beer? how does any of this make any sense?

See if you can grasp this idea.

Kids can't buy beer. Kids are the fastest growing segment of obese people and the ones that will live with the costs of being obese the longest.

Your welcome.

So all of this is for the kids?:eusa_hand:

Food doesn't make people fat.

Hey go eat at MacDs. for a month. See what happens. Eat reasonable. Stay away from the 50 0z drinks.

Hey dip shit, the person that eats that shit for month is the reason they're fat. The food is not the problem, the moron behind the plate is the problem.

You're already PAYING a fat tax in the price of healthcare that everyone has to pay into.

I find it sadly hilarious that you want to bring back polio.

Maybe some of you should stop for one second and ask yourself,

how did we ever turn into a nation so overrun by fat slobs to the point where people would even have to think about taking government measures to try to cope with it?

The government creates a problem, then LOLberals turn adn ask the government to solve the problem by taking freedoms away for "safety".

That is why LOLberalism is a fucking brain disease.

this is just the first steps of what's coming with ObamaCare folks..

you voted for the man, now enjoy it

This is NYC. Obama, though a terrible Marxist, is not responsibile for this. NYC has a habit and long track record of these social engineering deals. LOLberals love this shit because it means people are forced to do what they think is right.

That's why LOLberalism should be fucking banned ina free society. Banned.

burgers+%26+chocolate.jpg

coke+%26+popcorn.jpg

Gee...I wonder why there is an obesity epidemic...

Please tell me you aren't one of the people stupid enough to think this will have even a marginal impact on obesity?

Like your fellow liberal BDBoop said, if someone wants 32 ounces of soda they can just buy two 16 ounce drinks.

This move is purely for political reasons, and it seems some people are falling for it.

Forum List

Back