Nanny/Police State: NYC Ban On Large Sugared Drinks...

Maybe some of you should stop for one second and ask yourself,

how did we ever turn into a nation so overrun by fat slobs to the point where people would even have to think about taking government measures to try to cope with it?

Yes we're a fat country, and how little we take fitness seriously is an embarassment.

That has nothing to do with the topic, as this will do nothing to counter obesity. It's purely politicial pandering so next election cycle Bloomberg can say "See folks, I'm trying to save you guys from yourselves" and the dumbest of the dumb will believe it and vote for him.

Yeah, I was walking down the street today and was accosted by a hershey bar, a Big Mac and a 32 oz. Coke. I had no choice but to ingest all of it. Weenies.

Serious. This happened. I was minding my own affairs and they just attacked me. I saw it happen to 5 other people on the way into work.

Dizzy LOLberals.

can bloomberg just do this, as if he were King? i think it would be unconstitutional....

that aside, just order 2 16oz bottles or 2 16 oz cups of coke....he's stopping nothing!

just ridiculous!

So you think it's a good choice to have a quart of Coke/Pepsi at a meal? Are you totally retarded? Are you really too stupid to understand that ever a conservative Republican like Bloomberg has an obligation to consider public health issues? Of course you aren't. You're a moron.

then Drink diet Soda.....but then many fat people do but they EAT a lot of fattening things....

Diet soda is worse for you than sugary drinks.

burgers+%26+chocolate.jpg

coke+%26+popcorn.jpg

Gee...I wonder why there is an obesity epidemic...

Please tell me you aren't one of the people stupid enough to think this will have even a marginal impact on obesity?

Like your fellow liberal BDBoop said, if someone wants 32 ounces of soda they can just buy two 16 ounce drinks.

This move is purely for political reasons, and it seems some people are falling for it.

Plus can't you still buy 2 litres of Soda in NYC?

And yet with increasing portion sizes we have an obesity epidemic....Oh, but I'm sure they are completely unrelated...

What is your fucking point though? Should the city ban McDonalds, Hershey bars and any other large portion of shit food so people wont eat it? That solves nothing. Food size isn't the problem, brain size is the problem. Pee brain LOLberal weenies think if they treat everyone like a 5 year old their grand utopia will happen. Except it wont.

And yet with increasing portion sizes we have an obesity epidemic....Oh, but I'm sure they are completely unrelated...

What is your fucking point though? Should the city ban McDonalds, Hershey bars and any other large portion of shit food so people wont eat it? That solves nothing. Food size isn't the problem, brain size is the problem. Pee brain LOLberal weenies think if they treat everyone like a 5 year old their grand utopia will happen. Except it wont.

yep, they want to interfere in everyone's life, but stay out of their bedrooms and uterus

two faced hyprocites

This is NYC. Obama, though a terrible Marxist, is not responsibile for this. NYC has a habit and long track record of these social engineering deals. LOLberals love this shit because it means people are forced to do what they think is right.

That's why LOLberalism should be fucking banned ina free society. Banned.

When was the last time that NYC had a liberal Mayor?

Kids don't exercise and parents feed them unhealthy foods. It's that simple.

Mcdonald's doesn't force parents to put Big Macs in front of them.

If you truly want gov't forced fitness you should be advocating gov't force kids to get on a treadmill an hour a day and force feed them bread and lettuce.

If you truly want gov't forced fitness you should be advocating gov't force kids to get on a treadmill an hour a day and force feed them bread and lettuce.

Bread and lettuce?:eek:

I got 90% of Africans agreeing with me , and 5 billion Muslims all over the world.

Well maybe you should move to a Muslim country than.:eusa_hand:

I aint got to move anywhere.Certain laws will be changed within the next few years.

So with gay marriage being legalized across the U.S. at a rapid pace you think all of a sudden we're going to become a sharia law abiding country?

Shocking that people can be so stupid, breath in and out at the correct rate and eat and drink sufficient amounts to stay alive.

Let alone operate a computer and get on the internet.

And wheat grass drink

And wheat grass drink

Can the government forcing this stuff on us really work? I just go to the gym 3 days a week because I want to, not because someone is forcing me.

This is NYC. Obama, though a terrible Marxist, is not responsibile for this. NYC has a habit and long track record of these social engineering deals. LOLberals love this shit because it means people are forced to do what they think is right.

That's why LOLberalism should be fucking banned ina free society. Banned.

When was the last time that NYC had a liberal Mayor?

I don't care what party Bloomberg claims affiliation to. He's a LOLberal nanny state central planning statist. This city, this state is a "progressive" as they come.

yep, they want to interfere in everyone's life, but stay out of their bedrooms and uterus

two faced hyprocites

It's just typical authoritarian "do what we say". There is noe consistency, rhyme or reason. Unless "going on a feeling" counts as reason.

And wheat grass drink

Can the government forcing this stuff on us really work? I just go to the gym 3 days a week because I want to, not because someone is forcing me.

I go to the gym 5 times a week, last year i stopped drinking caffeine. I've been eating healthy breakfast and lunch the last few months, last week I started eating healthy dinners (which sucks a lot btw). But the only reason I do anything healthy is because of gov't, if they didn't force me to do these things I'd need a wall knocked out of my bedroom to ever get out.

Forum List

Back