Nancy Pelosi Declares NO Presidential Debates

Just saw Pelosi on C Span. Started the Biden should not debate Trump spiel. Bad mouthing Trump about debates. Could possibly see Progs not wanting Biden to debate as they veer away from it. Said that maybe they should both be separate and asked questions. To me it means that Trump would grill Biden if both in same room. And Progs do not want to have that.
any particular reason biden isn't speaking for himself these days?

Democrats are imploding. Biden gets creamed if he debates, and he admits he isn't able to debate if he refuses. This is what we've all been waiting for, the total annihilation of the current Democrat party. They're gonna be forced to reevaluate their agenda after this slaughter.
Pelosie just painted the Biden camp into a corner with no way out... OPP's....
Sleepy Joe will be so incensed he will get right up in Pelosi's face and......sniff her.

"I wouldn't legitimize a conversation with him, nor a debate in terms of the presidency of the United States. Now I know that the Biden campaign thinks in a different way about this."

Since that's her stance, after he's re-elected he should inform the Speaker that she is now persona no grata at the White House. She should be informed that Trump will work to thwart everything she tries to do (as she did with him) and that, basically, she is a lame duck in the eyes of the administration.

If she won't "legitimize" the conversation now, she should fully expect the President to not "legitimize" any conversation with her once he's re-elected.

What a diseased c**t that woman is...

I don't see her as many of you guys do. I think she let her guard down on letting the far left control her party more than she wanted them to, it's hurt the Dems and their candidate. The Impeachment, for instance, was a horrible miscalculation on her part, and you could sense she was constantly fighting back the desire of some because of the fallout they might experience.

That miscalculations when her political instincts told her otherwise, was costly for their narrative against Trump.

Joe will just lose even bigger if he doesn't debate and defend his policy proposals....

Trump will be defending his record, since he has no policy proposals except more of the same. Republicans no longer have any policy. Just blind adherence to Trump.
By what authority does Pelosi have to speak for Beijing Biden?
Can a Speaker of the House actually dictate to the DNC how to handle the election?

Joe will just lose even bigger if he doesn't debate and defend his policy proposals....

Trump will be defending his record, since he has no policy proposals except more of the same. Republicans no longer have any policy. Just blind adherence to Trump.
By what authority does Pelosi have to speak for Beijing Biden?
Can a Speaker of the House actually dictate to the DNC how to handle the election?
Pelosie believes she is Queen and has that power... IN reality she does not... This is a temper tantrum and a spoiled brat wanting her own way...

Biden should stand on a stage, eight feet away from Trump and debate him.
That said, there is a more important issue that needs to be addressed and needs an Amendment to the Constitution and that is that the Constitution limits the eligibility age for the presidency at 35, yet doesn't set an "upper" age limit. Due to the importance of the position of the leader of this nation, I think that there should be an eligibility limit as to how old a candidate can be by election day. I would limit it to sixty years of age. That way, even if the candidate wins and serves two terms, he/she will have only reached the age of sixty-eight by the time they end their run in office.

I, too, have always supported an "upper age limit" for the Presidency. I do, however, think it could be a lot higher than 68. I would say that no person over the age of 75 could be elected (or re-elected) President. The vast majority of people I know in their 70's still have their wits about them...

My other thought on eligibility, has been, for some time, that as the president is the designated "Commander-in-Chief" of our military forces, he/she should have a basic experience at it, to better understand its workings. He/she should have served at least "one" tour of "honorable" military service, regardless of the branch or rank attained.

When a President has never served, we'll often hear criticisms of a President when they send troops to fight. I've never felt that was fair. If a President serves a tour only during peacetime, or serves during wartime but is never deployed, his or her military experience would be of only marginal benefit, at best. The President had the Joint Chiefs at his disposal, and he has them because not all Presidents serve.

There are plenty of good, honorable and decent people who never serve, either by choice or they're not accepted. We could easily be doing a great disservice by declaring them ineligible for the Presidency...

The thing is, President Trump was nothing but a show-stealing clown during the Republican primary debates in '16. The remarks that were most noteworthy were all either stupid or irrelevant, but he went on the air the next day and claimed in every case to have "won" the debate, and nobody disputed it. He is not a good debater, if that means someone who can quickly marshal facts and use them effectively. He - like most politicians - prepares answers for the questions he wants to hear, then answers THOSE questions regardless of what is asked.

But interestingly, Biden has a history of doing the same thing. He never answers the question that is asked, and just raises his voice to prevent the questioner from calling him to task.

I can't really imagine that Biden could get away with NOT debating Trump, but regardless, the debates will be an embarrassment to all, with two mental mediocrities duking it out.

The thing is, President Trump was nothing but a show-stealing clown during the Republican primary debates in '16. The remarks that were most noteworthy were all either stupid or irrelevant, but he went on the air the next day and claimed in every case to have "won" the debate, and nobody disputed it. He is not a good debater, if that means someone who can quickly marshal facts and use them effectively. He - like most politicians - prepares answers for the questions he wants to hear, then answers THOSE questions regardless of what is asked.

But interestingly, Biden has a history of doing the same thing. He never answers the question that is asked, and just raises his voice to prevent the questioner from calling him to task.

I can't really imagine that Biden could get away with NOT debating Trump, but regardless, the debates will be an embarrassment to all, with two mental mediocrities duking it out.
Not our fault.....for all the whining the Dems do and have done they selected Biden when they could have done much, much better. That alone tells you who to vote for

So yesterday President Trump says there should be drug tests, then the very next day Pelosi says debates should be canceled. Hmmmmmmm

Biden will debate. He has no choice. This is a guy that brags about confronting corn pop and taking people behind the woodshed and beating them up. If he declines to debate, the election is over.

I remember I said that this was going to be the angle quite some time ago. Here it is, right in front of America. Just consider the last 3.5 years and why would anyone believe it wouldn't be anything but the same motivations.

My guess is they are deathly afraid of Trump confronting him on China in particular. It is such a slam dunk winning issue for him and there is little retort that can't be placated with a history lesson.

If I am Trump and Biden refuses to debate, I would offer to have a debate with Kanye West and have a 3rd, empty stand for which he can fill it if he likes. Who is going to elect someone who doesn't debate?

Pelosi says Biden shouldn't debate Trump: 'I wouldn't legitimize a conversation with him'

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi suggested Thursday that former Vice President Joe Biden cancel his three scheduled debates with President Trump because the commander-in-chief would "belittle" the forum and engage in "skullduggery."

"I don't think that there should be any debates," Pelosi said out of the blue at a news conference at the Capitol, saying she doesn't want the debates to be "an exercise in skullduggery."

"I wouldn't legitimize a conversation with him, nor a debate in terms of the presidency of the United States. Now I know that the Biden campaign thinks in a different way about this."

Pelosi is the latest high-profile Democrat to offer a major piece of advice to the former vice president. Earlier this week, former 2016 Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton said Biden shouldn't concede the race under any circumstances.
Why debate trump when all he does is lie and his supporters believe him?

President Trump showed how weak the other Republican Candidates were in 2015-2016. :smoke:

Just saw Pelosi on C Span. Started the Biden should not debate Trump spiel. Bad mouthing Trump about debates. Could possibly see Progs not wanting Biden to debate as they veer away from it. Said that maybe they should both be separate and asked questions. To me it means that Trump would grill Biden if both in same room. And Progs do not want to have that.

Joe Biden will debate. Not sure why this keeps coming up.

I remember I said that this was going to be the angle quite some time ago. Here it is, right in front of America. Just consider the last 3.5 years and why would anyone believe it wouldn't be anything but the same motivations.

My guess is they are deathly afraid of Trump confronting him on China in particular. It is such a slam dunk winning issue for him and there is little retort that can't be placated with a history lesson.

If I am Trump and Biden refuses to debate, I would offer to have a debate with Kanye West and have a 3rd, empty stand for which he can fill it if he likes. Who is going to elect someone who doesn't debate?

Pelosi says Biden shouldn't debate Trump: 'I wouldn't legitimize a conversation with him'

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi suggested Thursday that former Vice President Joe Biden cancel his three scheduled debates with President Trump because the commander-in-chief would "belittle" the forum and engage in "skullduggery."

"I don't think that there should be any debates," Pelosi said out of the blue at a news conference at the Capitol, saying she doesn't want the debates to be "an exercise in skullduggery."

Pelosi is the latest high-profile Democrat to offer a major piece of advice to the former vice president. Earlier this week, former 2016 Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton said Biden shouldn't concede the race under any circumstances.
Why listen to goofy libbers when all their propaganda media does is lie and they believe it?

Well then, if Crazy Joe had two functioning brain cells to rub together he would be able to hammer Trump on these lies, right?

Why is Crazy Joe hiding in his basement and letting his wife and Nazi talk for him?

Joe Biden will debate. Not sure why this keeps coming up.
Tell Plasticface

Full diaper alert. Someone buzz his mommy.

Forum List

Back