Nailed to crosses..crucified..really ?!!

Lmao:lol:, I know many people regrett not getting girls when they are young and not enjoying parties....but you're forgetting my background I am pretty strict religous person and none of that stuff matters to me :) I hate that stuff to :)

But you follow a religious doctrine that may be totally false. Whereas life is real in the here and now, and while you are praying your ass off trying to get into heaven after you die, you are missing the experiences that make people grow.

You could say that :lol:, lol I can still have sex with my future wife, it's not about religion only , I never liked that lifestyle anyway... I always been a person who only believes in committed relationships....not skanking around

I've been with one woman my whole life, it has been great, she is the love of my life and through all we have gone through, there is no other that I'd rather be with.

But you follow a religious doctrine that may be totally false. Whereas life is real in the here and now, and while you are praying your ass off trying to get into heaven after you die, you are missing the experiences that make people grow.

You could say that :lol:, lol I can still have sex with my future wife, it's not about religion only , I never liked that lifestyle anyway... I always been a person who only believes in committed relationships....not skanking around

I've been with one woman my whole life, it has been great, she is the love of my life and through all we have gone through, there is no other that I'd rather be with.

Exactly it's healthier, and better as relationship I'm glad your happy I plan on doing the same

JImbowie, But can you not see that to be judged on just one lifetime then go to heaven or hell, is a system that has injustice built into it.

People used to say that Winston Churchill looked like a baby, but he was very far from being a baby, as he had the mental power to face making terrible decisions throughout the war.
Imagine a baby dying as an untested soul, and being stuck in the immortal life as a baby with no experience. It would always be inferior to souls like Churchill who had met the greatest challenges.
So if we only live once then get judged Gods system is unjust and imperfect.
In any case Abrahamic religions are not necessarily the best teachings, and Hindu and Buddhist teachings may be far more spiritual.

The qur'an teaches about the proper use of crucifixion.

The senile lion is a lyin' Islamic propagandist, but kinda ignorant regarding his own "faith."

Islam is a religion based on the ridiculous words of a hateful, bigoted, sociopathic pedophile.

Thank God Almighty that no thinking person is silly enough to follow Islam.

There are plenty of secular histories from inside and outside the Roman Empire that show the Romans used a cross not a pike or stake.

Had the Romans done that, then why would they adopt a cross rather than a pike?

For shits sake, you just pull any old bullshit from any group of wankers that you think will make an argument no matter how flimsy?

Your troll fu is weak.

So much for your discussion skills, I personally believe and so do many religious scholars believe it was a stake not a cross, which would have been a more painful but quicker death.

Oh, for fucks sake...

Crucifixion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Crucifixion is an ancient method of deliberately painful execution in which the condemned person is tied or nailed to a large wooden cross and left to hang until dead."

It was called 'crucifixion' because a CROSS was involved in the punishment, and not a friking stake.

And EVERYONE, inside the Roman Empireand outside of it refered to Jesus death as crucifixion, not impalement. Even Muslims who do not nor ever believed that Jesus was killed refer to the alleged event as a crucifixion.

So how in God's Holy Name does anyone get this weird notion that He was impaled?

Wikipedia?

Vines Dictionary, the Catholic Encyclopedia both give the origins of the cross entering Christianity to the era of Constantine.

The word stauros, is also Greek for the word stake.

JImbowie, But can you not see that to be judged on just one lifetime then go to heaven or hell, is a system that has injustice built into it.

There is some validity to that, I think, but also why I think that the individual judgement is not the final one and we all continue to grow when this life is over.

People used to say that Winston Churchill looked like a baby, but he was very far from being a baby, as he had the mental power to face making terrible decisions throughout the war.
Imagine a baby dying as an untested soul, and being stuck in the immortal life as a baby with no experience. It would always be inferior to souls like Churchill who had met the greatest challenges.
So if we only live once then get judged Gods system is unjust and imperfect.
In any case Abrahamic religions are not necessarily the best teachings, and Hindu and Buddhist teachings may be far more spiritual.

I think babies that fail to reach adulthood will learn what they need to learn from the many adults who have lived full lives while both are in Paradise.

And I do not believe that there is an objective criteria for what constitutes what is more spiritual and it seems too subjective as measure of faith systems.

Vines Dictionary, the Catholic Encyclopedia both give the origins of the cross entering Christianity to the era of Constantine.

Yes, it was adopted by Christians in the eera of Constantine in the Roman Empire, and why he banned that form of punishment.

But why does that mean, in your view, that the cross as it came to be used by Christians is a pagan symbol?

The Spring Equinox was also first referenced by pagans for pagan purposes, so what?

When we as Christians refer to the Spring Equinox we do so for very different reasons than the pagans did, and so it is not relevant why the pagans did it and is therfore no longer pagan.

The senile lion is a lyin' Islamic propagandist, but kinda ignorant regarding his own "faith."

Islam is a religion based on the ridiculous words of a hateful, bigoted, sociopathic pedophile.

Liability, you normally make some damned good posts and I look forward to reading what you have posted when I see you have responded to a thread.

But you just asserted that one billion people are not thinking persons.

No offense intended but that is not a 'thinking' kind of thing to say, is it?

Liability, you normally make some damned good posts and I look forward to reading what you have posted when I see you have responded to a thread.

I am quite indifferent to the numbers.

Mohammed was a pedophile piece of shit. He taught that an Angel gave him Allah's divine word. He was a bigot. He was a damn sociopath. The qur'an is inherently so full of self contradictions that to accept it as Allah's word REQUIRES the suspension of rational thinking.

I stand by what I said.

It is a hateful, vile, dishonestly-premised, stupid religion.

P.S. Jim. Despite that, I completely get why you disapprove of what I said. I just disagree with you on that point.

Mohammed was a pedophile piece of shit. He taught that an Angel gave him Allah's divine word. He was a bigot. He was a damn sociopath. The qur'an is inherently so full of self contradictions that to accept it as Allah's word REQUIRES the suspension of rational thinking.

I stand by what I said.

P.S. Jim. Despite that, I completely get why you disapprove of what I said. I just disagree with you on that point.

As you have every right to, of course.

Have you read anything about Mohammed that is from a sympathetic source?

I will just take this moment to point out that this is why political parties should leave religion well alone.

Yes, it was adopted by Christians in the eera of Constantine in the Roman Empire, and why he banned that form of punishment.

But why does that mean, in your view, that the cross as it came to be used by Christians is a pagan symbol?

The Spring Equinox was also first referenced by pagans for pagan purposes, so what?

When we as Christians refer to the Spring Equinox we do so for very different reasons than the pagans did, and so it is not relevant why the pagans did it and is therfore no longer pagan.

The cross was introduced into Christianity at that time.

I will just take this moment to point out that this is why political parties should leave religion well alone.

As they usually do, it is the voters that seem to get all excited, which in turn gets the candidates to support popular dogma, to gain the voters.

I stand by what I said.

I read some English translations of the Qur'an. I have read some of the hadiths.

Beyond that, no.

Can't see how it would matter.

What do u think happening ?
%D8%B5%D9%84%D8%A82.jpg

Of all the Christian mysteries, none rank as highly as the concept of Christ’s crucifixion and atoning sacrifice. In fact, Christians base their salvation on this one tenet of faith. And if it really happened, shouldn’t we all?

People nailed to crosses in Good Friday ritual - PhotoBlog

%D8%B5%D9%84%D8%A83.jpg

head of the crucifixions, throngs of penitents walked several miles (kilometers) through village streets and beat their bare backs with sharp bamboo sticks and pieces of wood, sometimes splashing spectators with blood. Some participants opened cuts in the penitents' backs using broken glass to ensure the ritual was sufficiently bloody.
%D8%B5%D9%84%D8%A8.jpg

%D8%B5%D9%84%D8%A84.jpg

Praise be to God for the grace of Islam :eusa_angel:

But Did Jesus really crucified ?
Jesus Was Neither Killed, nor Crucified
Religious Mysteries 101 – The Crucifixion
The True Teachings of Jesus Christ.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Let us turn to Qur'an, 3:55: [/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “When Allah said: O Jesus! I will complete you(r term) [/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] and cause you to ascend unto Me [/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] and cleanse you of those who disbelieve...” [/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Allah assures that Jesus will be saved from the Jews and that his term and what is destined for him is guaranteed for him and that Allah will cause Jesus to ascend unto Him. The Bible agrees that Jesus ascended unto heaven (Luke 24:51), but the main dispute is about what happened in between: the alleged crucifixion, death and resurrection of Jesus (pbuh). [/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Allah says in Qur'an that they neither killed him nor crucified him, but it was made to appear so unto them. In many places in Qur'an, it has been mentioned that Jews used to kill the prophets unjustly. But in the case of Jesus (pbuh) it vehemently denies that they killed him or that they crucified him. This is because Qur'an will not contain anything except truth.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Surah 4, Verses 157 & 158: [/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “and their saying : we killed Christ Jesus, son of Mary, The messenger of Allah - but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but it was made to appear to them so; and those who disagree concerning it are full of doubts; they have no knowledge thereof save pursuit of a conjecture; For surely they killed him not; but Allah took him up unto Himself; [FONT=&quot] and Allah is ever mighty, wise.” [/FONT][/FONT]

I liked this sufferings stuff, would like to see it on HBO

So you don't know if the sex you're getting is just average and could be way better? :dunno:

I stand by what I said.

I read some English translations of the Qur'an. I have read some of the hadiths.

Beyond that, no.

Can't see how it would matter.

Getting both sides of who a major person is helps in getting a balanced view of the person, and usually a more objective one.

Imagine the view you would have of Napoleon if you only read the accounts from his critics? He would be a monster, no doubt, and there is some truth to that, but knowing the sympathetic view of him puts who he was in better three dimensional relief that lets one understand more about him, if that is something you are interested in.

I disagree with your assessment of Mohammed and prior to this 'war' on Islamo-fascist groups, there was a more balanced and nuanced view of Mohammed.

He has been held in high regard by most Western historians in the past, such as on this list:
The 100 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No offense intended, but I dont think you have a very complex view of this very important historical person and this may prevent you from acurately anticipating the actions of his followers due to a misunderstanding of the person that they emulate.

My 2 cents, for whatever thats worth.

Forum List

Back