Mystery Solved: Why Evangelicals Support Trump

Yet God is not in the constitution, and Washington was not a regular church goer, Jefferson an avowed Deist, and Adams, curiously converted to Unitarianism that even back then didn't hold with God directing events or even necessarily in Jesus being divine.

We were founded as a Christian nation. One nation UNDER GOD.

It wasn't called "The Age of Enlightenment " for nothing. Our founders were influenced by the humanist philosophers of the day, Locke, Paine, and Voltaire. They considered themselves modern thinkers... enlightened men. The constitution reflects this. The fundamentalists weren't given a seat at the table.

our founding priciple is in the first amenment: separation of charch & state.

Well, the fundies had to choose between two unrepentant adulterers, so I guess no one can blame them for picking the lesser evil. LOL

Trump's personal life is obviously a minus for just about any voter serious about his Christian religion.

BUT, he is not actively hostile to them, like Hillary is.

He is willing to work with them.

I dont' see how anyone could seriously be confused or surprised by their choice in supporting Trump (mostly)

But the question comes in when … what happens when a person who does not condone open adultery or even promiscuity, but who believes people should be able to choose on abortion or IUDs.

Well, as both Trump and Hillary had bad track records on Adultery, and both are pretty light on Abortions and IUDS,

I would think they would have to make their choice on other issues, such as Trade and Immigration.
Hillary Clinton had a bad track record on adultery? Who did she fuck while married? I forget

I would not be surprised but I was thinking more about how she enabled and supported and cleaned up after Bill's adultery.

Kind of surprised I had to explain that. I would have thought you would have seen that coming and wanted to leave it alone.

There is no evidence that Hillary Clinton "enabled and supported and cleaned up" after her husband's adultery. There also is no evidence that she ever committed adultery herself. As a lifelong, practicing Methodist, she called on her pastor at Washington's Foundry United Methodist Church to provide counseling to her husband and herself.

Not everyone in the U.S. is a Christian. Some are of another faith, or are atheists or agnostics.

Among Christians, views vary widely regarding all of the issues mentioned above, according to denomination/sect/cult/personal thought. There is no one, single, unified set of beliefs, other than a belief in Jesus, that can be called THE Christian viewpoint. This is why identifying which group, rather than just saying "Christian," is so important.

Yet God is not in the constitution, and Washington was not a regular church goer, Jefferson an avowed Deist, and Adams, curiously converted to Unitarianism that even back then didn't hold with God directing events or even necessarily in Jesus being divine.

It wasn't called "The Age of Enlightenment " for nothing. Our founders were influenced by the humanist philosophers of the day, Locke, Paine, and Voltaire. They considered themselves modern thinkers... enlightened men. The constitution reflects this. The fundamentalists weren't given a seat at the table.

There were plenty of deeply religious men as part of the founding fathers, Quakers among them.

if you want God to be merciful to you, you need to be merciful to Trump

what did you expect from a billionaire playboy you daft idiot? NOT to fuck Stormy?

Never Trumpers, who no one wants to sleep with, feign outrage about that!

I guess Christ was the first enlightened one! :)

He believed and taught a separation of Church and State.

Give unto Caesar, what is Caesar's

Give unto God, what is God's

There were plenty of deeply religious men as part of the founding fathers, Quakers among them.

The Quakers would never have signed on to the crap we see from the evangelicals. You need to check out Quaker (Society of Friends) history.

The Quakers would never have signed on to the crap we see from the evangelicals. You need to check out Quaker (Society of Friends) history.

They wouldn't have signed on themselves, but remember their core view was to each person finding their way to God.

Why would they condemn evangelicals their method of finding God?

a few evangelicals voted for romney and against trump, even though romney is as likely to stab you in the back as to look at you!

it all boils down to more voting against people that want you marginalized and criminalized than for someone who doesn't live the way you live.

Mystery? Make me laugh harder. Most evangelicals are two faced scheisters. If The blob’s old man was in the pray-for-pay racket, Trump would have been an evangelist. He’s one of them in most ways
Why do you care who they vote for then?
Why do you not care about the lack of morals of your president?
Yours kill babies, got a blow job in the Oval Office and I vote for Presidents without morals. Then you have no idea what morals are. I love trump’s policies you bet

The difference is that I was disappointed in Clinton. You would suck Donald’s dick in a heartbeat.
why do you say that? because I support who I voted for? strange concept of support you envision. Are you projecting what your needs are from trump?

I am a very objective person. Russia, russia never happened and you know it. You don't have an honest bone in your body. Trump isn't racist, if he was, you would be able to explain how he is.

So what is it in particular that you think I go gaga over with trump?

so what you're saying is the leftists are trying to change our fundamental beginning as a nation to be like everyone else in the world? yep, I agree.

That's Globalist! Not Nationalist

Why do you not care about the lack of morals of your president?
Yours kill babies, got a blow job in the Oval Office and I vote for Presidents without morals. Then you have no idea what morals are. I love trump’s policies you bet

The difference is that I was disappointed in Clinton. You would suck Donald’s dick in a heartbeat.

Did it stop you from voting for him, or Gore, his protege?

Okay, let's look at that.

I didn't vote for Clinton or Gore. I voted for Bush, and he fucked it all up.

But from the view of a liberal, (If i held the views then I do now), we didn't know about Lewinski in 1992 or 96. Had we known, I doubt he'd have gotten the nomination again. As for Gore. Gore didn't fuck her. Not sure how Lewinski was Gore's fault.

Bullshit. Your "Fuh Fuh Fuh, I was a Republican before this, Fuh Fuh Fuh" schtick isn't working.

Guilt by association, progs like you use it all the time.
I believe no person that says I was once......and now I'm this.

hog wash

Now if you say, I was once young and now I'm educated, I'm good with that.

Last edited:

it all boils down to more voting against people that want you marginalized and criminalized than for someone who doesn't live the way you live.

It's fair to say Donald J. Trump is not an evangelical. He's never been called one and has not called himself one. Technically, he's Presbyterian. As a New York liberal for most of his life, he had no conservative credibility prior to 2016. This conservative evangelical was very skeptical of him, and did not support him in the 2016 primary. I initially thought his candidacy was Seinfeldian — about nothing.

Trump has been strongly pro-life, strongly pro-American, strongly pro-Israel, strongly pro-capitalism, and he has pushed back against the freedom-robbing regulatory state. He cut taxes and he left evangelicals alone. He didn't sue the nuns. He doesn't want our guns.

Voting for Trump is not "trading Christian values for political power." It's voting in self-defense against the radical, evangelical-hating left and hoping for the best - and getting more than expected.

You got me right, I detest evangelicals.

I have a feeling the attitude is mutual, you jew hating twat.

I really don't know any evangelicals , I avoid them like the plaque, but I have some jewish friends.
if you don't know them, how do you know who and what they are about? that's a very odd approach to someone you don't even know. you form opinions based on others? ahhhh, that's called a parrot.

It's fair to say Donald J. Trump is not an evangelical. He's never been called one and has not called himself one. Technically, he's Presbyterian. As a New York liberal for most of his life, he had no conservative credibility prior to 2016. This conservative evangelical was very skeptical of him, and did not support him in the 2016 primary. I initially thought his candidacy was Seinfeldian — about nothing.

Trump has been strongly pro-life, strongly pro-American, strongly pro-Israel, strongly pro-capitalism, and he has pushed back against the freedom-robbing regulatory state. He cut taxes and he left evangelicals alone. He didn't sue the nuns. He doesn't want our guns.

Voting for Trump is not "trading Christian values for political power." It's voting in self-defense against the radical, evangelical-hating left and hoping for the best - and getting more than expected.
The resadon is most of them are not Christians at all. Just a pack of bigoted, racist assholes who want to legislate their fake religion.

What did conservatives conserve? Nothing.

What is Trump conserving? America.

That's why people are crazy about the man.
Big biz is not lacking for cheap brown labor, and you gave it a tax cut too boot. Good job, Mr. Conservative

The resadon is most of them are not Christians at all. Just a pack of bigoted, racist assholes who want to legislate their fake religion.

Nothing like not being able to understand what you don't agree with, you bigoted hack-twat.

President Donald Trump thanked a right-wing conspiracy theorist for likening him to the “king of Israel” and the New York Daily News had a field day.

For its Thursday cover, the tabloid gave Leonardo Da Vinci’s famed depiction of the biblical story of The Last Supper a decidedly Trumpian twist:

New York Daily News

✔@NYDailyNews

https://twitter.com/NYDailyNews/status/1164345138400911360

Trump declares himself ‘the chosen one’ https://bit.ly/2Z7SPx9 #KingOfTheJews

9:14 PM - Aug 21, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
https://twitter.com/NYDailyNews/status/1164345138400911360

Trump doesn't care if he is pro choice or pro life. In fact before 2016 he was pro choice. But then he decided to run as a Republican and you have to be pro life to run as a Republican. If being pro life will get him elected, he will be pro life. He knows abortion should be a right but his base doesn't agree and he doesn't have anyone poor in his family who can't afford to have a kid if they get knocked up so what does he care?

Same way he knows we should have better background checks for guns but because the NRA and his base say no, he'll do what they say. It's all about being re elected.

Cool story about better background checks and had we had better ones Sandy Hook, Santa Fe, Texas and the Philadelphia shootings would have still happened along with countless others but cool story and now tell me the one where the No-Fly list is another great idea and remember this is about why Evangelicals vote for Trump and not about background checks...

Better background checks may have not stopped those shootings but there are other shootings that better background checks would have stopped.

The no fly list is good but Bush put too many people on it. He put people that shouldn't have been on the list on it.

Evangelicals vote for Trump because he's their best shot of overturning roe v wade.

Most mass shootings would have never been stopped even with your dream of better background checks...

Orlando Nightclub shooting happened because of Agencies failures.

Fort Hood would have not been stopped...

Most mass shooting on a Chicago weekend would not be prevented...

Oh and blaming Bush for the failure of the No-Fly list after all these years is cute and why didn't Obama fix it?

As for Roe vs. Wade, my opinion that is a State issue and not Federal...

Thank you for proving my point. You said MOST shootings in Chicago would not have been prevented. So you admit some might have been prevented. That's all we are hoping for. We don't think there is any solution that will stop all future shootings.

I didn't bring up the no fly list. You or someone else did.

President Donald Trump thanked a right-wing conspiracy theorist for likening him to the “king of Israel” and the New York Daily News had a field day.

For its Thursday cover, the tabloid gave Leonardo Da Vinci’s famed depiction of the biblical story of The Last Supper a decidedly Trumpian twist:

New York Daily News

✔@NYDailyNews

Trump declares himself ‘the chosen one’ https://bit.ly/2Z7SPx9 #KingOfTheJews

9:14 PM - Aug 21, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
Why is Pence smiling and where is Ivanka's right hand?

when the demofks don't want your vote. It's truly amazing, they don't want 45 % of voters voting for them.

Evangelical aren’t 45% of the vote. They’re only 20% of the population and they’re being sold the lie that liberals are out to destroy their way of life by dishonest pastors out to install a conservative Christian theocracy.

You need to watch The Family on Netflix

when the demofks don't want your vote. It's truly amazing, they don't want 45 % of voters voting for them.

Evangelical aren’t 45% of the vote. They’re only 20% of the population and they’re being sold the lie that liberals are out to destroy their way of life by dishonest pastors out to install a conservative Christian theocracy.

You need to watch The Family on Netflix

BAKE THAT FUCKING CAKE PEASANT.

Forum List

Back