Mystery Solved: Why Evangelicals Support Trump

I agree with your post.

But honestly?

I don't think you read the full article.

That isn't what this is about.

This is about a voting block protecting their interests. If they have no representation, no one to protect their interests, they will continually be shafted.

I am sure that is good for YOUR POV, but, is it good for theirs?

I understand why they back Republicans in general, but Trump is beyond the pail morally. Supporting a guy that's so clearly immoral isn't going to lead to good things.

Besides it's pretty obvious that Trump doesn't believe most of the things he promises...he'll say anything to get elected.

Do you really believe that he's anti-abortion or do you think that he's only pretending?

I think they care more that even if he is sinful, he isn't pushing his sins on them, or asking them to accept or validate those sins.

By voting for him they ARE validating his 'sins'.

Nope. Sorry, but voting for someone does not mean you agree with how they live their lives. Most of the time it means either you agree with their politics, or you detest the politics of their opponent.

So Bill Clinton's womanizing should not have been held against him politically?

It seems that when Democrats do not conform to 'Christian' values they are demonized, but when republican - especially Trump - violate Christian values they are given a pass.

Total hypocrisy by people who refuse to admit their true values and try to pass themselves off as Christians.

That's up to the people who voted for him.

Hypocrisy is hiding the real fact you "care" about all this, which is you don't care HOW evangelicals vote, you just want them NOT to vote.

it's called self preservation.

When you demonize people, it tends to make them not trust you.

I don't 'demonize' Evangelicals. I just take objection to them calling themselves 'Christians'. From what I've seen of them they worship 'greed'.

They are antithetic to Christianity. They mock Christianity.

If they'd just admit that they were the church of greed it would be understandable that they support Trump.

Actions speak louder than words!

A jaded view from a jaded person with an agenda.

What do you think my 'Agenda' is?

Being a cuck progressive twat-waddle?

Ah, the old Trumpbot fallback - when you have no intelligent argument you resort to childish insults.

I guess that is just your way of saying that you've lost this argument!

Later loser!

No, I tend to sprinkle my childish insults among my normal responses.

Your agenda is I guess to attempt to get Evangelicals to not vote at all, because you sure as hell can't be asking them to vote for Dems who want to fuck them over.

Some people just need a leader, they do not question because of the belief that the person is Gods choice. that takes all the need too examine & question away. keeps it simple. Some people need too know not only what is going on but why. not so simple.

I think most sane people agree its whacky for people who claim to live a code based on the ten commandments give such cover for an admitted unrepentant adulterer, sexual assaulter, sexual harasser of underage girls, cheat, coveter of other's goods (just for a start).

But most fundy Christians have decided better that than mandatory insurance policies covering (shudder) IUDs, or the fed courts saying gays can get married in courts or churches that LIKE gay weddings, and MORE IMPORTANTLY, that there is some political solution to the worldwide fact that a greater majority of people are concluding that a divine being does not guide everyday events to reward those who worship him/her/it.

There's no compromise with that. It's a small minority that is getting smaller. There are other issues that reasonable people can compromise on … immigration, deficits, healthcare, etc. So far, both parties have not gone for a big compromise that would cost their base what they really don't want to give up (like more latino babies who will be voters, or decent wages and recognition of guest workers) that would make the other party's position completely untenable. Maybe some day they will. Or maybe the Republic will fail because politically we can't solve real political issues.

The problem is pro choice Americans don't vote. If they all showed up to vote for pro choice the pro lifers would be left in the dust. But most poor Americans don't vote and most of them are pro choice and pro Democrat.

Pro choice up to the first or second trimester usually. The current bullshit blue states are pulling only appeals to the die hard abortion fetishists.

And since you probably have never been more than 50 miles from either coast, your views on "most Americans" is quite frankly, bullshit.

Hey, if women in Arkansas vote for pro life I say they should get it. But then no companies will move to such a backward state.

You know who stopped a lot of business' from going to Indiana? Mike Pence. He would have lost re election if he ran for Gov again. Corporate America hated that ignorant fuck from middle America.

More people voted for Hillary than Trump. 80% of the poor don't vote. The poor are not Republicans my friend. I know numbers and most Americans are pro choice. Especially girls of child bearing age and they are who matter most.

But if they don't show up to vote, fuck them. Ban abortion if Trump wins. End social security. Or cut pay outs in half so that Trump can spend more. Do it!

Why wouldn't companies move there? isn't the whole thing about capitalists is they follow the money?

I'm sure you have a direct causation route for Pence and any jobs leaving Illinois or not going there, and not just some correlation.

I understand why they back Republicans in general, but Trump is beyond the pail morally. Supporting a guy that's so clearly immoral isn't going to lead to good things.

Besides it's pretty obvious that Trump doesn't believe most of the things he promises...he'll say anything to get elected.

Do you really believe that he's anti-abortion or do you think that he's only pretending?

I think they care more that even if he is sinful, he isn't pushing his sins on them, or asking them to accept or validate those sins.

Nope. Sorry, but voting for someone does not mean you agree with how they live their lives. Most of the time it means either you agree with their politics, or you detest the politics of their opponent.

It seems that when Democrats do not conform to 'Christian' values they are demonized, but when republican - especially Trump - violate Christian values they are given a pass.

Total hypocrisy by people who refuse to admit their true values and try to pass themselves off as Christians.

Hypocrisy is hiding the real fact you "care" about all this, which is you don't care HOW evangelicals vote, you just want them NOT to vote.
actually, he wants them to vote like him. how could anyone vote differently than him!

wait, shit, you're right, since all men sin, he can't vote!

I want them to vote their conscience AND to admit their true conscience.

Stop mocking Christianity!

Why?

It is such a lame assed FRAUD. The Disciples BOLT on the guy. He didn't heal anyone. He bilked 5k out of everything. When he goes to the cross, those 5k who lost everything are the ones who voted for Barabbas and cheered the crucifixion. The Disciples bolt to avoid crucifixion, because they knew he was a fraud and they were his accomplices...

IS a fig leaf really the same size as a star according to "God?"

Revelation says so...

I don't 'demonize' Evangelicals. I just take objection to them calling themselves 'Christians'. From what I've seen of them they worship 'greed'.

They are antithetic to Christianity. They mock Christianity.

If they'd just admit that they were the church of greed it would be understandable that they support Trump.

Actions speak louder than words!

Ah, the old Trumpbot fallback - when you have no intelligent argument you resort to childish insults.

Later loser!

Your agenda is I guess to attempt to get Evangelicals to not vote at all, because you sure as hell can't be asking them to vote for Dems who want to fuck them over.

Why do you think Democrats want to fuck over Evangelicals?

Arguing on this message board is a long ways from attempting to get Evangelicals not to vote.

Voting for an extremely immoral person for President is validating that persons morality. There could be no greater validation.

Suddenly the theocratic Evangelical believe in separation of church and state when it comes to voting for Trump.

What hypocrites!

If you vote for Satan to be the most powerful person on earth THAN YOU ARE A SATANIST!

Why?

It is such a lame assed FRAUD. The Disciples BOLT on the guy. He didn't heal anyone. He bilked 5k out of everything. When he goes to the cross, those 5k who lost everything are the ones who voted for Barabbas and cheered the crucifixion. The Disciples bolt to avoid crucifixion, because they knew he was a fraud and they were his accomplices...

Revelation says so...

Uhmmm...I'm not a Christian.

I just get offended by people mocking other people's beliefs. Or taking me to be a fool by claiming to be something that they are not.

(BTW - I believe that Jesus cruxification was just a show. He didn't die and spent the next 3 days recovering)

I want them to vote their conscience AND to admit their true conscience.

Bullshit.

Nothing but agitprop from you.

Later loser!

Why do you think Democrats want to fuck over Evangelicals?

Arguing on this message board is a long ways from attempting to get Evangelicals not to vote.

Voting for an extremely immoral person for President is validating that persons morality. There could be no greater validation.

Suddenly the theocratic Evangelical believe in separation of church and state when it comes to voting for Trump.

What hypocrites!

If you vote for Satan to be the most powerful person on earth THAN YOU ARE A SATANIST!

It's the only reason someone like you would care.

I just get offended by people mocking other people's beliefs.

It is impossible to have an active human brain and not to mock it....

"Give up everything and follow me"

Um, OK, who gets everything...????

A: the SALES BROCHURE never says, but the Jewish people say JESUS got it... and he and the Disciples spent it downtown at the BROTHEL... That's why he is out of money and food in the Loaves and Fishes scene, the real end, as the "Last Supper" is made up decades later as Jewish leaders launched a "new religion" where the followers...

1. regard Jews as CHOSEN and they aren't
2. believe they are "blessed" for SERVING ISRAEL....

Christianity = a Jewish creation that no Jew believes....

Why?

Revelation says so...

Uhmmm...I'm not a Christian.

I just get offended by people mocking other people's beliefs. Or taking me to be a fool by claiming to be something that they are not.

(BTW - I believe that Jesus cruxification was just a show. He didn't die and spent the next 3 days recovering)
the evangelists are taking you as a fool? I'd say they spot on!!! just saying, you're one fked up person.

Mystery Solved: Why Evangelicals Support Trump

it all boils down to more voting against people that want you marginalized and criminalized than for someone who doesn't live the way you live.

It's fair to say Donald J. Trump is not an evangelical. He's never been called one and has not called himself one. Technically, he's Presbyterian. As a New York liberal for most of his life, he had no conservative credibility prior to 2016. This conservative evangelical was very skeptical of him, and did not support him in the 2016 primary. I initially thought his candidacy was Seinfeldian — about nothing.

Trump has been strongly pro-life, strongly pro-American, strongly pro-Israel, strongly pro-capitalism, and he has pushed back against the freedom-robbing regulatory state. He cut taxes and he left evangelicals alone. He didn't sue the nuns. He doesn't want our guns.

Voting for Trump is not "trading Christian values for political power." It's voting in self-defense against the radical, evangelical-hating left and hoping for the best - and getting more than expected.

You got me right, I detest evangelicals.
you think they care?

Here is a perfect example of the religious right wing nuts who support McDonald T-Rump

Trump’s ‘Firefighter Prophet’ Claims ‘Patriots’ Will Assassinate High-Profile Democrats

Taylor, a retired firefighter known as the “firefighter prophet,” is the author of the bestselling book, “The Trump Prophecies: The Astonishing True Story Of The Man Who Saw Tomorrow… And What He Says Is Coming Next,” which has been wildly successful with Trump-loving conservative Christians.

Speaking on the Sheila Zilinsky podcast Taylor explained that God had told him that patriots will assassinate high-profile Democrats if Trump does not begin making arrests of high profile Democrats.

Taylor added:

The people are not asking for justice, they are demanding it, so the government has to act. They need to make probably one or two high-level arrests, high-profile arrests, perp walk them on national television so that people will see that justice is going to be done.

Arrested for what you crazy bastard??!!

Your lib hate of Christians is just the type of thing I was referring to.

Christians could vote for someone like Hillary, who hates Christians like you do,

or they could vote for someone who does not hate them and instead is willing to work with them.

This makes complete sense. YOur hate has blinded you.
A few simple questions... no bullshit\

1. What evidence do you have that I hate Chrstians?

2 What evidence do you have that Hillary Clinton Hates Christians'

3. Do you think that Mark Taylor is a rational person?

4. Do you think that Trumps " willingness to work with Christians" is ok if it isat the expense of Jews, Muslims , Women and gays?

Do bullshit -although I'm sure that there will be much

1. Your behavior, like in this thread, acting like it is some huge issue, that Christians are supporting a politician, just because they can work together on political issues.

2. Dude. Don't be silly.

3. Don't know. Don't care. Neither do you.

4. Your assumption that Trump working with Christians will be at the expense of (insert victim groups) is another example of your deep hostility towards Christians. If Trump was working with "women" you would not be concerned that it would be at the expense of someone else.

Trump's personal life is obviously a minus for just about any voter serious about his Christian religion.

BUT, he is not actively hostile to them, like Hillary is.

He is willing to work with them.

I dont' see how anyone could seriously be confused or surprised by their choice in supporting Trump (mostly)

But the question comes in when … what happens when a person who does not condone open adultery or even promiscuity, but who believes people should be able to choose on abortion or IUDs.

Well, as both Trump and Hillary had bad track records on Adultery, and both are pretty light on Abortions and IUDS,

I would think they would have to make their choice on other issues, such as Trade and Immigration.
Hillary Clinton had a bad track record on adultery? Who did she fuck while married? I forget

I would not be surprised but I was thinking more about how she enabled and supported and cleaned up after Bill's adultery.

Kind of surprised I had to explain that. I would have thought you would have seen that coming and wanted to leave it alone.
I saw it coming. I just wanted to see you step in the trap of blaming the victim -and demeaning the woman. Thank you. Someday you might learn that standing by someone when they make a mistake is not the same as enabling them

There is a difference between standing by someone when they make a mistake and enabling them.

Hillary enabled.

Your pretense of not knowing that is dismissed.

Trump's personal life is obviously a minus for just about any voter serious about his Christian religion.

BUT, he is not actively hostile to them, like Hillary is.

He is willing to work with them.

I dont' see how anyone could seriously be confused or surprised by their choice in supporting Trump (mostly)

But the question comes in when … what happens when a person who does not condone open adultery or even promiscuity, but who believes people should be able to choose on abortion or IUDs.

Well, as both Trump and Hillary had bad track records on Adultery, and both are pretty light on Abortions and IUDS,

I would think they would have to make their choice on other issues, such as Trade and Immigration.
Hillary Clinton had a bad track record on adultery? Who did she fuck while married? I forget

I would not be surprised but I was thinking more about how she enabled and supported and cleaned up after Bill's adultery.

Kind of surprised I had to explain that. I would have thought you would have seen that coming and wanted to leave it alone.

There is no evidence that Hillary Clinton "enabled and supported and cleaned up" after her husband's adultery. There also is no evidence that she ever committed adultery herself. As a lifelong, practicing Methodist, she called on her pastor at Washington's Foundry United Methodist Church to provide counseling to her husband and herself.

Not everyone in the U.S. is a Christian. Some are of another faith, or are atheists or agnostics.

Among Christians, views vary widely regarding all of the issues mentioned above, according to denomination/sect/cult/personal thought. There is no one, single, unified set of beliefs, other than a belief in Jesus, that can be called THE Christian viewpoint. This is why identifying which group, rather than just saying "Christian," is so important.

1. Hillary enabled and supported her husband. Your pretense otherwise is dismissed. Dont' be silly.

2. Never implied that everyone was a Christian. NOt sure of your point.

3. The Thread title says Evangelicals. I am obviously not talking about the religious left nor the traditionally black churchs. Don't know what point you are trying to make. I'm sure you were not actually confused, so, whatever.

well how did Hillary enable him because cause comparing Trump with Hillary does support what we know that Trump did. His first wife divorced him because of his adultery. He married his mistress and a few years later they divorced. Now with his 3 rd wife we have seen their interaction. The slap heard around the world and she make appearance (seen but not heard). So he has been married 3 times and its because of his adultery. It is even know that he had a mistress when Melanie was with child.

Hillary has only been married once and like Melanie she forgave him and they are still married at least on paper. She seems to get along with Bill in public whereas with Trump and Melanie anyone can tell the relationship is strained.

She forgave him just like Melanie I assume forgave Trump but then again she may be putting up with it in order to get that big payday

I saw it coming. I just wanted to see you step in the trap of blaming the victim -and demeaning the woman. Thank you. Someday you might learn that standing by someone when they make a mistake is not the same as enabling them

There is a difference between standing by someone when they make a mistake and enabling them.

Hillary enabled.

Your pretense of not knowing that is dismissed.

Forum List

Back