My white privilege

I am white. If privilege applied to me because of my skin color, I would be earning a high 5 figure income with a degree from a college of my choosing on the back of a full-ride scholarship. My privilege would have shielded me from some of the dumbest decisions I ever made in my life. I wouldn't be here dedicating almost 80% of mine and my grandmother's monthly income to bills and survival. We don't enjoy any privilege because of our skin color. Being white never made our lives any easier.

We are a lower-middle-class family who barely has enough money to make ends meet. If there was a privilege, we never knew about it. I am sure the billions of white people who existed in the world before me and throughout history who suffered from

Are our personalities set in stone, or can we work on – even improve – them?
Read more

The study, which looked at 16 different ideological orientations, could have profound implications for identifying and supporting people most vulnerable to radicalisation across the political and religious spectrum.
... would have loved to have known about the privilege their skin color supposedly imbued them with. Maybe it would have spared their lives and shielded them from unnecessary suffering. White privilege is hogwash. It reeks of jealousy and has no basis in reality.

My white privilege does not exist.

For the sake of discussion...look at the possible other side.

"White privilege" doesn't mean there aren't poor white people...but maybe in can mean the difference between the frying pan and the fire.

I'm thinking, for example, of the justice syste

Your statement: "My privilege would have shielded me from some of the dumbest decisions I ever made in my life."

Maybe, if you had been poor AND black....your "dumb" decisions would have landed you in the juvenile justice system and from their the adult justice system in a downward spiral hitting up against laws like 3 strikes.

It's pretty much proven that black youth's are much more likely to be incarcerated than white youth's for the same crimes. So, that might be a more realistic way to see what white privelege is even though for many it's not much of a privilege.

Another example might be one aspect of poverty itself.

One of the factors that has made black poverty so entrenched is through a systemic system of laws and of violence (white race riots) towards black property owners and businesses and homes and communities that destroyed wealth and the ability to pass it to their children and so on. So as a community - whites (in general) have not had to endure that. Poverty has a lot of causes of course, some in our control, some not. But I think that is one example how race was a factor.

Another one could be this. Even though you and your grandmother are poor? Do you live in a fairly safe neighborhood? Redlining, a practice of maintaining racial segregation in the housing market often relegated black families to the worse neighborhoods - neighborhoods more likely to have the town landfill and other nice amenities located nearby, areas that white people left when black people moved in. When those areas begin to reflect the changing home values, more renters than homeowners, crime increases, incomes go down, people are stuck. Maybe white privilege in poverty means the difference between being poor in a dangerous community or poor in a somewhat safer one.

Just thoughts on a different way of looking at it :dunno:
And who you know, grew up knowing and who your parents knew in the community while growing up. It is isn't everything. You still have to prove your value and ability, but it is something.

So, you're saying that black people don't have the ability to network? Wow...That's kinda racist...
Kiss off, Mac. I grew up in small towns in mid-south. I know what I know. You believe what you want to believe.

Yea, them whites get it all ,fuck all the Liberal assholes,morons.

09recession1.jpg
6cfa3fc996d0e4a0dc439ade2d325582.jpg
00078d8d75f2d5dbf2305fc546d4cd19.jpg

" A new peer-reviewed study of fatal police shootings says that white officers are not more likely to shoot and kill minority suspects. "

Um, yeah, I put that up there with the studies by the Tobacco industry that cigarettes don't cause cancer.

Well, ofcourse you do, largely because it doesn't confirm your bias...

I am white. If privilege applied to me because of my skin color, I would be earning a high 5 figure income with a degree from a college of my choosing on the back of a full-ride scholarship. My privilege would have shielded me from some of the dumbest decisions I ever made in my life. I wouldn't be here dedicating almost 80% of mine and my grandmother's monthly income to bills and survival. We don't enjoy any privilege because of our skin color. Being white never made our lives any easier.

We are a lower-middle-class family who barely has enough money to make ends meet. If there was a privilege, we never knew about it. I am sure the billions of white people who existed in the world before me and throughout history who suffered from

Read more

The study, which looked at 16 different ideological orientations, could have profound implications for identifying and supporting people most vulnerable to radicalisation across the political and religious spectrum.
... would have loved to have known about the privilege their skin color supposedly imbued them with. Maybe it would have spared their lives and shielded them from unnecessary suffering. White privilege is hogwash. It reeks of jealousy and has no basis in reality.

"White privilege" doesn't mean there aren't poor white people...but maybe in can mean the difference between the frying pan and the fire.

Your statement: "My privilege would have shielded me from some of the dumbest decisions I ever made in my life."

Maybe, if you had been poor AND black....your "dumb" decisions would have landed you in the juvenile justice system and from their the adult justice system in a downward spiral hitting up against laws like 3 strikes.

It's pretty much proven that black youth's are much more likely to be incarcerated than white youth's for the same crimes. So, that might be a more realistic way to see what white privelege is even though for many it's not much of a privilege.

One of the factors that has made black poverty so entrenched is through a systemic system of laws and of violence (white race riots) towards black property owners and businesses and homes and communities that destroyed wealth and the ability to pass it to their children and so on. So as a community - whites (in general) have not had to endure that. Poverty has a lot of causes of course, some in our control, some not. But I think that is one example how race was a factor.

Another one could be this. Even though you and your grandmother are poor? Do you live in a fairly safe neighborhood? Redlining, a practice of maintaining racial segregation in the housing market often relegated black families to the worse neighborhoods - neighborhoods more likely to have the town landfill and other nice amenities located nearby, areas that white people left when black people moved in. When those areas begin to reflect the changing home values, more renters than homeowners, crime increases, incomes go down, people are stuck. Maybe white privilege in poverty means the difference between being poor in a dangerous community or poor in a somewhat safer one.

And who you know, grew up knowing and who your parents knew in the community while growing up. It is isn't everything. You still have to prove your value and ability, but it is something.

So, you're saying that black people don't have the ability to network? Wow...That's kinda racist...
Kiss off, Mac. I grew up in small towns in mid-south. I know what I know. You believe what you want to believe.

Hey, you said it, I didn't...I just called you on it....Now you show your ass when that happens....Nice...

Sometimes its black cops shooting the black kids

sometimes its black cops shooting white kids

Sometimes? When did this happen?

Depends if when you are Jamal if you still have the shitty attitude you have as a white guy. That's your real disadvantage in life. You make the people around you want to get away from being around someone like you who craps on life all the time

I love living in your head, buddy. But wrong as usual. Most of my coworkers love me. I've gotten a few job offers because someone I worked with in the past recommended me for a job that just opened. A couple of companies I've quit have tried to rehire me.

I don't have any disadvantages, because I never give up and I never back down.

You blast your shitty attitude on the site all the time. It's pretty funny you think that somehow people wouldn't see it

The only person killed resulting from "Trump's Mob" on the Capital was a white woman shot by a black man. What happened to her white privy and where's Kapernick?

On average you are much better off than your dark skinned counterpart. Doesn’t mean your life is better than Michael Jordan’s. Nor does it mean that every white guy gets all the good breaks. Life can be hard for everyone. Statistically the gap in skin color is huge.

Averages? I don't care about averages. Averages shouldn't grant some special status to those with the greatest impact on the statistics. Life shouldn't work that way, more like it doesn't.

We are a lower-middle-class family who barely has enough money to make ends meet. If there was a privilege, we never knew about it. I am sure the billions of white people who existed in the world before me and throughout history who suffered from poverty, famines, genocide, murder, cruel dictatorships... would have loved to have known about the privilege their skin color supposedly imbued them with. Maybe it would have spared their lives and shielded them from unnecessary suffering. White privilege is hogwash. It reeks of jealousy and has no basis in reality.

You failed your white privilege Dude...Start over and try again...

No. I don't want it. I'm serious.

Because I'm a liberal helper

It Doesn't Mean That All White People Have Had an Easy Life
The common misperception about white privilege is that it implies that being white inherently makes for a life of smooth sailing and that successes aren't hard-earned. People might associate the phrase with financial wealth or other types of privilege that they don't/didn't have, explains Dr. Garrett-Akinsanya.​
"Some white people deny that advantages are unearned," notes Erin Pahlke, Ph.D., an associate professor of psychology at Whitman College, whose research centers on how children form their views about race. "Often, these people see their own successes as entirely a result of their own hard work and others' struggles as a result of not working hard enough. And some folks mistakenly believe that they can't be privileged because they themselves have suffered personal life hardships."​
Denial of white privilege might also stem from another belief: that the U.S. operates as a meritocracy, or a system in which you're rewarded exclusively for ability and effort, as opposed to wealth and social class. "There's some research that suggests that white parents are more likely than Black parents to teach their children that the U.S. is a meritocracy," explains Dr. Pahlke. "And, for people who strongly believe that the U.S. is a meritocracy, white privilege can be a hard concept to accept."​
The misinterpretation of the term is fairly widespread. According to 2017 findings from the Pew Research Center, 46 percent of white Americans say they believe they benefit because of their race, compared to 92 percent of Black Americans and 65 percent of Hispanic Americans who believe that white people benefit.​
"Because the advantages are so structurally ingrained, privileges are often unconscious and perceived as being unremarkable," explains Dr. Garrett-Akinsanya. "White privilege has a legacy of racism and is a cause of it, too."​
That's not what far leftists mean when they hit you with that term. It is a term made to foist guilt on someone for being white. The very phrase "white privilege" is demeaning and derogatory. It is tantamount to calling a black person a ni**er. And yes, I would have every bit the same right to be offended by the usage of such a term to define people of my racial background.

It is meant to minimize any and all suffering and hardship endured by someone of the Caucasian race.

I'm not falling for that garbage doublespeak you just cited.

Thanks in advance.
So you feel guilty about your white privilege? And, no, it is nothing like using a racial epithet. Again, because I am a liberal helper...

1. I can if I wish arrange to be in the company of people of my race most of the time.
  2. If I should need to move, I can be pretty sure of renting or purchasing housing in an area which I can afford and in which I would want to live.
  3. I can be pretty sure that my neighbours in such a location will be neutral or pleasant to me.
  4. I can go shopping alone most of the time, pretty well assured that I will not be followed or harassed.
  5. I can turn on the television or open to the front page of the paper and see people of my race widely represented.
  6. When I am told about our national heritage or about “civilisation,” I am shown that people of my colour made it what it is.
  7. I can be sure that my children will be given curricular materials that testify to the existence of their race.
  8. If I want to, I can be pretty sure of finding a publisher for this piece on white privilege.
  9. I can go into a music shop and count on finding the music of my race represented, into a supermarket and find the staple foods that fit with my cultural traditions, into a hairdresser’s shop and find someone who can cut my hair.
  10. Whether I use checks, credit cards or cash, I can count on my skin colour not to work against the appearance of financial reliability.
  11. I can arrange to protect my children most of the time from people who might not like them.
  12. I can swear, or dress in second-hand clothes, or not answer letters, without having people attribute these choices to the bad morals, the poverty, or the illiteracy of my race.
  13. I can speak in public to a powerful male group without putting my race on trial.
  14. I can do well in a challenging situation without being called a credit to my race.
  15. I am never asked to speak for all the people of my racial group.
  16. I can remain oblivious of the language and customs of persons of colour who constitute the world’s majority without feeling in my culture any penalty for such oblivion.
  17. I can criticise our government and talk about how much I fear its policies and behaviour without being seen as a cultural outsider.
  18. I can be pretty sure that if I ask to talk to “the person in charge,” I will be facing a person of my race.
  19. If a traffic cop pulls me over or if the IRS audits my tax return, I can be sure I haven’t been singled out because of my race.
  20. I can easily buy posters, postcards, picture books, greeting cards, dolls, toys, and children’s magazines featuring people of my race.

I'll just address the title of the link you cited.

I don't contribute to or benefit from structural racism.

And I'll tell you something else: the structure is being re-tooled to be racist against white people. You can laugh and scoff at that assertion all you want, but you know it to be truth. White people are being villainized for the deeds of their ancestors while blacks are being propped up for the suffering of theirs.

Because I'm a liberal helper

It Doesn't Mean That All White People Have Had an Easy Life
The common misperception about white privilege is that it implies that being white inherently makes for a life of smooth sailing and that successes aren't hard-earned. People might associate the phrase with financial wealth or other types of privilege that they don't/didn't have, explains Dr. Garrett-Akinsanya.​
"Some white people deny that advantages are unearned," notes Erin Pahlke, Ph.D., an associate professor of psychology at Whitman College, whose research centers on how children form their views about race. "Often, these people see their own successes as entirely a result of their own hard work and others' struggles as a result of not working hard enough. And some folks mistakenly believe that they can't be privileged because they themselves have suffered personal life hardships."​
Denial of white privilege might also stem from another belief: that the U.S. operates as a meritocracy, or a system in which you're rewarded exclusively for ability and effort, as opposed to wealth and social class. "There's some research that suggests that white parents are more likely than Black parents to teach their children that the U.S. is a meritocracy," explains Dr. Pahlke. "And, for people who strongly believe that the U.S. is a meritocracy, white privilege can be a hard concept to accept."​
The misinterpretation of the term is fairly widespread. According to 2017 findings from the Pew Research Center, 46 percent of white Americans say they believe they benefit because of their race, compared to 92 percent of Black Americans and 65 percent of Hispanic Americans who believe that white people benefit.​
"Because the advantages are so structurally ingrained, privileges are often unconscious and perceived as being unremarkable," explains Dr. Garrett-Akinsanya. "White privilege has a legacy of racism and is a cause of it, too."​
That's not what far leftists mean when they hit you with that term. It is a term made to foist guilt on someone for being white. The very phrase "white privilege" is demeaning and derogatory. It is tantamount to calling a black person a ni**er. And yes, I would have every bit the same right to be offended by the usage of such a term to define people of my racial background.

It is meant to minimize any and all suffering and hardship endured by someone of the Caucasian race.

I'm not falling for that garbage doublespeak you just cited.

Thanks in advance.
So you feel guilty about your white privilege? And, no, it is nothing like using a racial epithet. Again, because I am a liberal helper...

1. I can if I wish arrange to be in the company of people of my race most of the time.
  2. If I should need to move, I can be pretty sure of renting or purchasing housing in an area which I can afford and in which I would want to live.
  3. I can be pretty sure that my neighbours in such a location will be neutral or pleasant to me.
  4. I can go shopping alone most of the time, pretty well assured that I will not be followed or harassed.
  5. I can turn on the television or open to the front page of the paper and see people of my race widely represented.
  6. When I am told about our national heritage or about “civilisation,” I am shown that people of my colour made it what it is.
  7. I can be sure that my children will be given curricular materials that testify to the existence of their race.
  8. If I want to, I can be pretty sure of finding a publisher for this piece on white privilege.
  9. I can go into a music shop and count on finding the music of my race represented, into a supermarket and find the staple foods that fit with my cultural traditions, into a hairdresser’s shop and find someone who can cut my hair.
  10. Whether I use checks, credit cards or cash, I can count on my skin colour not to work against the appearance of financial reliability.
  11. I can arrange to protect my children most of the time from people who might not like them.
  12. I can swear, or dress in second-hand clothes, or not answer letters, without having people attribute these choices to the bad morals, the poverty, or the illiteracy of my race.
  13. I can speak in public to a powerful male group without putting my race on trial.
  14. I can do well in a challenging situation without being called a credit to my race.
  15. I am never asked to speak for all the people of my racial group.
  16. I can remain oblivious of the language and customs of persons of colour who constitute the world’s majority without feeling in my culture any penalty for such oblivion.
  17. I can criticise our government and talk about how much I fear its policies and behaviour without being seen as a cultural outsider.
  18. I can be pretty sure that if I ask to talk to “the person in charge,” I will be facing a person of my race.
  19. If a traffic cop pulls me over or if the IRS audits my tax return, I can be sure I haven’t been singled out because of my race.
  20. I can easily buy posters, postcards, picture books, greeting cards, dolls, toys, and children’s magazines featuring people of my race.

I'll just address the title of the link you cited.

I don't contribute to or benefit from structural racism.

And I'll tell you something else: the structure is being re-tooled to be racist against white people. You can laugh and scoff at that assertion all you want, but you know it to be truth. White people are being villainized for the deeds of their ancestors while blacks are being propped up for the suffering of theirs.

Indeed. And it's worse than that. White People are being villified for things done by other races. Slavery existed for millennia before Europeans came to America. Africans sold other Africans as Slaves. Arabs invaded Europe and kidnapped White as slaves. There are still millions of slaves in the world today...and they are not in America.

So, are they being locked up for being black, or are they being locked up for breaking the law? It can't be both.
Yes it can both. White offenders, committing the same crime are less likely to receive jail time.

That's not true. I am a white guy.

Let's say I shoot a black guy in self-defense. Who gets villainized? Me? Or the black guy for endangering my safety and my family?

Odds are in today's society, I will be called out for being racist because I shot the black man and asked questions later. The black man will be propped up on a pedestal for the supposed bad hand his life dealt him before he met the muzzle of my weapon. Odds are, I will be seen as heartless and deserving of punishment.

The court system will more than likely be more lenient on him than on me. Especially if he dies in the commission of his crime. I stand more of a chance of being charged with murder than being exonerated for defending myself.

Also, if black offenders commit the majority of crimes, they will naturally be convicted at a higher rate than white offenders.

Read more

Democrats have been all but destroying a segment of the American population that has a darker skin color by telling them that some Bogie Men called 'white supremicists' think of them as not as worthy as people with a lighter skin color. Then they assign the meme 'white privilege' to that faux group and try to apply it to those who Democrats say have a societal privilege because of their lighter skin color. It's really all a damn lie and a divisive one.

White privilege is actually a dangerous racist meme because it singles out a population segment because of so-called 'skin color' which, in itself, is ludicrous. Look around you....Only Albinos are white and even they can look a bit red. Every see an Albino black person? They have Negroid (African) features and THAT is how the Democrats are segregating folks.....Just like the Nazis did to Jews who had certain features that were 'non-Aryan.'

Forum List

Back