My white privilege

you could try to get a job.
Of course, or you could actually pretend as if you care about poor people.

Move along.
I'm a little confused. I don't deny that white privilege exists. See Lori Loughlin. But some black kids get a leg up that even poor black kids don't have a chance at, regardless of how smart or hard working they may be.

Precisely. Some black kids have distinct advantages over other black kids. It has nothing to do with their skin color.

And Lori Loughlin? Her skin color didn't let her get off easy for what she did, it was her status. Big difference.

Where was the white privilege when OJ slashed Nicole's throat?
Don't forget ole Juicy Smolett and the red hatted booglie adoo team

You mean the guy who lost his job because he made false claims and became a national laughing stock.

Hey, as long as we are on the subject, remember when Morton Downey Jr. Tried to prop up his flagging ratings by faking a hate crime attack in an airport bathroom? And drew a swastika on his forehead backwards?

What you didn't see was the national lynch mob that came for Smollett come for him. People just laughed at him, his show got cancelled anyway due to poor ratings. Nobody insisted on a special prosecutor for Downey.

I am white. If privilege applied to me because of my skin color, I would be earning a high 5 figure income with a degree from a college of my choosing on the back of a full-ride scholarship. My privilege would have shielded me from some of the dumbest decisions I ever made in my life. I wouldn't be here dedicating almost 80% of mine and my grandmother's monthly income to bills and survival. We don't enjoy any privilege because of our skin color. Being white never made our lives any easier.

We are a lower-middle-class family who barely has enough money to make ends meet. If there was a privilege, we never knew about it. I am sure the billions of white people who existed in the world before me and throughout history who suffered from poverty, famines, genocide, murder, cruel dictatorships... would have loved to have known about the privilege their skin color supposedly imbued them with. Maybe it would have spared their lives and shielded them from unnecessary suffering. White privilege is hogwash. It reeks of jealousy and has no basis in reality.

My white privilege does not exist
On average you are much better off than your dark skinned counterpart. Doesn’t mean your life is better than Michael Jordan’s. Nor does it mean that every white guy gets all the good breaks. Life can be hard for everyone. Statistically the gap in skin color is huge.

This is the best visualization of it on the planet for American mobility index which is the likelihood you’ll improve your financial status.

Regardless your best chance at mobility is with Democrats who want to level the playing field.

• Funny
Reactions: DBA

You mean the guy who lost his job because he made false claims and became a national laughing stock.

Hey, as long as we are on the subject, remember when Morton Downey Jr. Tried to prop up his flagging ratings by faking a hate crime attack in an airport bathroom? And drew a swastika on his forehead backwards?

What you didn't see was the national lynch mob that came for Smollett come for him. People just laughed at him, his show got cancelled anyway due to poor ratings. Nobody insisted on a special prosecutor for Downey.
Morton Downey....What century are we in?

He was losing his job anyway

the fake hate crime was an attempt to make himself too celebrated to get rid of

@JoeB131 will hook you up, right Joe?

Nice to see you aren't still obsessing about me...

I remember you were going on about your white privilege. If you didn't have that, you would be a useless, broke unemployed loser instead of just the useless loser you are in life now.

TemplarKormac said he could use some of the white privilege you rely on. Can't you be a dude and hook him up?

I am white. If privilege applied to me because of my skin color, I would be earning a high 5 figure income with a degree from a college of my choosing on the back of a full-ride scholarship. My privilege would have shielded me from some of the dumbest decisions I ever made in my life. I wouldn't be here dedicating almost 80% of mine and my grandmother's monthly income to bills and survival. We don't enjoy any privilege because of our skin color. Being white never made our lives any easier.

We are a lower-middle-class family who barely has enough money to make ends meet. If there was a privilege, we never knew about it. I am sure the billions of white people who existed in the world before me and throughout history who suffered from poverty, famines, genocide, murder, cruel dictatorships... would have loved to have known about the privilege their skin color supposedly imbued them with. Maybe it would have spared their lives and shielded them from unnecessary suffering. White privilege is hogwash. It reeks of jealousy and has no basis in reality.

My white privilege does not exist
On average you are much better off than your dark skinned counterpart. Doesn’t mean your life is better than Michael Jordan’s. Nor does it mean that every white guy gets all the good breaks. Life can be hard for everyone. Statistically the gap in skin color is huge.

This is the best visualization of it on the planet for American mobility index which is the likelihood you’ll improve your financial status.

Regardless your best chance at mobility is with Democrats who want to level the playing field.
It is not always true, but it is a "baby daddy" thing.

Because I'm a liberal helper

It Doesn't Mean That All White People Have Had an Easy Life
The common misperception about white privilege is that it implies that being white inherently makes for a life of smooth sailing and that successes aren't hard-earned. People might associate the phrase with financial wealth or other types of privilege that they don't/didn't have, explains Dr. Garrett-Akinsanya.​
"Some white people deny that advantages are unearned," notes Erin Pahlke, Ph.D., an associate professor of psychology at Whitman College, whose research centers on how children form their views about race. "Often, these people see their own successes as entirely a result of their own hard work and others' struggles as a result of not working hard enough. And some folks mistakenly believe that they can't be privileged because they themselves have suffered personal life hardships."​
Denial of white privilege might also stem from another belief: that the U.S. operates as a meritocracy, or a system in which you're rewarded exclusively for ability and effort, as opposed to wealth and social class. "There's some research that suggests that white parents are more likely than Black parents to teach their children that the U.S. is a meritocracy," explains Dr. Pahlke. "And, for people who strongly believe that the U.S. is a meritocracy, white privilege can be a hard concept to accept."​
The misinterpretation of the term is fairly widespread. According to 2017 findings from the Pew Research Center, 46 percent of white Americans say they believe they benefit because of their race, compared to 92 percent of Black Americans and 65 percent of Hispanic Americans who believe that white people benefit.​
"Because the advantages are so structurally ingrained, privileges are often unconscious and perceived as being unremarkable," explains Dr. Garrett-Akinsanya. "White privilege has a legacy of racism and is a cause of it, too."​
That's not what far leftists mean when they hit you with that term. It is a term made to foist guilt on someone for being white. The very phrase "white privilege" is demeaning and derogatory. It is tantamount to calling a black person a ni**er. And yes, I would have every bit the same right to be offended by the usage of such a term to define people of my racial background.

It is meant to minimize any and all suffering and hardship endured by someone of the Caucasian race.

I'm not falling for that garbage doublespeak you just cited.

Thanks in advance.
So you feel guilty about your white privilege? And, no, it is nothing like using a racial epithet. Again, because I am a liberal helper...

1. I can if I wish arrange to be in the company of people of my race most of the time.
  2. If I should need to move, I can be pretty sure of renting or purchasing housing in an area which I can afford and in which I would want to live.
  3. I can be pretty sure that my neighbours in such a location will be neutral or pleasant to me.
  4. I can go shopping alone most of the time, pretty well assured that I will not be followed or harassed.
  5. I can turn on the television or open to the front page of the paper and see people of my race widely represented.
  6. When I am told about our national heritage or about “civilisation,” I am shown that people of my colour made it what it is.
  7. I can be sure that my children will be given curricular materials that testify to the existence of their race.
  8. If I want to, I can be pretty sure of finding a publisher for this piece on white privilege.
  9. I can go into a music shop and count on finding the music of my race represented, into a supermarket and find the staple foods that fit with my cultural traditions, into a hairdresser’s shop and find someone who can cut my hair.
  10. Whether I use checks, credit cards or cash, I can count on my skin colour not to work against the appearance of financial reliability.
  11. I can arrange to protect my children most of the time from people who might not like them.
  12. I can swear, or dress in second-hand clothes, or not answer letters, without having people attribute these choices to the bad morals, the poverty, or the illiteracy of my race.
  13. I can speak in public to a powerful male group without putting my race on trial.
  14. I can do well in a challenging situation without being called a credit to my race.
  15. I am never asked to speak for all the people of my racial group.
  16. I can remain oblivious of the language and customs of persons of colour who constitute the world’s majority without feeling in my culture any penalty for such oblivion.
  17. I can criticise our government and talk about how much I fear its policies and behaviour without being seen as a cultural outsider.
  18. I can be pretty sure that if I ask to talk to “the person in charge,” I will be facing a person of my race.
  19. If a traffic cop pulls me over or if the IRS audits my tax return, I can be sure I haven’t been singled out because of my race.
  20. I can easily buy posters, postcards, picture books, greeting cards, dolls, toys, and children’s magazines featuring people of my race.

Move along.
I'm a little confused. I don't deny that white privilege exists. See Lori Loughlin. But some black kids get a leg up that even poor black kids don't have a chance at, regardless of how smart or hard working they may be.

Precisely. Some black kids have distinct advantages over other black kids. It has nothing to do with their skin color.

And Lori Loughlin? Her skin color didn't let her get off easy for what she did, it was her status. Big difference.
Well I don't think a non-white would have the access to cheating to get in. But, as I tried to post, an affluent or even middle class black kid will get advantages in education despite not having the same disadvantages of a poor black kid .... or a poor white kid, for that matter. And that's what I think you're getting at, and I agree.

I think kids from non-affluent geographical areas in a state should get some affirm action regardless of race.

But imo the govt should let private schools pretty much do as they want .... unless they obviously discriminate. Then they have to lose all federal aid, and that is really the law now but it's probably not strictly enforced.

The common misperception about white privilege is that it implies that being white inherently makes for a life of smooth sailing and that successes aren't hard-earned. People might associate the phrase with financial wealth or other types of privilege that they don't/didn't have, explains Dr. Garrett-Akinsanya.​
"Some white people deny that advantages are unearned," notes Erin Pahlke, Ph.D., an associate professor of psychology at Whitman College, whose research centers on how children form their views about race. "Often, these people see their own successes as entirely a result of their own hard work and others' struggles as a result of not working hard enough. And some folks mistakenly believe that they can't be privileged because they themselves have suffered personal life hardships."​
Denial of white privilege might also stem from another belief: that the U.S. operates as a meritocracy, or a system in which you're rewarded exclusively for ability and effort, as opposed to wealth and social class. "There's some research that suggests that white parents are more likely than Black parents to teach their children that the U.S. is a meritocracy," explains Dr. Pahlke. "And, for people who strongly believe that the U.S. is a meritocracy, white privilege can be a hard concept to accept."​
The misinterpretation of the term is fairly widespread. According to 2017 findings from the Pew Research Center, 46 percent of white Americans say they believe they benefit because of their race, compared to 92 percent of Black Americans and 65 percent of Hispanic Americans who believe that white people benefit.​
"Because the advantages are so structurally ingrained, privileges are often unconscious and perceived as being unremarkable," explains Dr. Garrett-Akinsanya. "White privilege has a legacy of racism and is a cause of it, too."​
That's not what far leftists mean when they hit you with that term. It is a term made to foist guilt on someone for being white. The very phrase "white privilege" is demeaning and derogatory. It is tantamount to calling a black person a ni**er. And yes, I would have every bit the same right to be offended by the usage of such a term to define people of my racial background.

It is meant to minimize any and all suffering and hardship endured by someone of the Caucasian race.

Thanks in advance.
So you feel guilty about your white privilege? And, no, it is nothing like using a racial epithet. Again, because I am a liberal helper...

1. I can if I wish arrange to be in the company of people of my race most of the time.
  2. If I should need to move, I can be pretty sure of renting or purchasing housing in an area which I can afford and in which I would want to live.
  3. I can be pretty sure that my neighbours in such a location will be neutral or pleasant to me.
  4. I can go shopping alone most of the time, pretty well assured that I will not be followed or harassed.
  5. I can turn on the television or open to the front page of the paper and see people of my race widely represented.
  6. When I am told about our national heritage or about “civilisation,” I am shown that people of my colour made it what it is.
  7. I can be sure that my children will be given curricular materials that testify to the existence of their race.
  8. If I want to, I can be pretty sure of finding a publisher for this piece on white privilege.
  9. I can go into a music shop and count on finding the music of my race represented, into a supermarket and find the staple foods that fit with my cultural traditions, into a hairdresser’s shop and find someone who can cut my hair.
  10. Whether I use checks, credit cards or cash, I can count on my skin colour not to work against the appearance of financial reliability.
  11. I can arrange to protect my children most of the time from people who might not like them.
  12. I can swear, or dress in second-hand clothes, or not answer letters, without having people attribute these choices to the bad morals, the poverty, or the illiteracy of my race.
  13. I can speak in public to a powerful male group without putting my race on trial.
  14. I can do well in a challenging situation without being called a credit to my race.
  16. I can remain oblivious of the language and customs of persons of colour who constitute the world’s majority without feeling in my culture any penalty for such oblivion.
  17. I can criticise our government and talk about how much I fear its policies and behaviour without being seen as a cultural outsider.
  18. I can be pretty sure that if I ask to talk to “the person in charge,” I will be facing a person of my race.
  19. If a traffic cop pulls me over or if the IRS audits my tax return, I can be sure I haven’t been singled out because of my race.
  20. I can easily buy posters, postcards, picture books, greeting cards, dolls, toys, and children’s magazines featuring people of my race.

I agree, and some of that I'd plead guilty to. But I don't think it really addresses TK's point in the OP. I thought he was more about addressing how white and black (and others) gain or don't gain governmental preferences, and the effects of how much money people have, and don't have.

My white privilege does not exist.
You failed your white privilege Dude...Start over and try again...

Move along.

Well I don't think a non-white would have the access to cheating to get in. But, as I tried to post, an affluent or even middle class black kid will get advantages in education despite not having the same disadvantages of a poor black kid .... or a poor white kid, for that matter. And that's what I think you're getting at, and I agree.

I think kids from non-affluent geographical areas in a state should get some affirm action regardless of race.

But imo the govt should let private schools pretty much do as they want .... unless they obviously discriminate. Then they have to lose all federal aid, and that is really the law now but it's probably not strictly enforced.
And that is why I say it has nothing to do with WHITE privilege
It has to do with the privilege of the affluent.
But not all those that have money use it to sway things in their direction.

Move along.

I just think that if one is going to talk about "white privilege" you have to separate 1) the privilege the govt bestows on blacks because of race, rather than need And 2) the benefit one gets in society from simply being white. And not all stereotypes are simply false. But just because a black person in a certain local is statistically more likely to commit a crime (and be a victim of a crime) doesn't result in people who are not criminals or victims sometimes being pre-judged.

I agree with TK especially about the 1st situation.

And one of the dems greatest failures is their inability to leave behind minority race privilege. If we just based Affirm action on people who are not affluent fewer minorities would beneift, but affluent minorities shouldn't be benefitted.

Last edited:

Move along.

I just think that if one is going to talk about "white privilege" you have to separate 1) the privilege the govt bestows on blacks because of race, rather than need And 2) the benefit one gets in society from simply being white. And not all stereotypes are simply false. But just because a black person in a certain local is statistically more likely to commit a crime (and be a victim of a crime) doesn't result in people who are not criminals or victims sometimes being pre-judged.

I agree with TK especially about the 1st situation.

And one of the dems greatest failures is their inability to leave behind minority race privilege. If we just based Affirm action on people who are not affluent fewer minorities would beneift, but affluent minorities shouldn't be benefitted.
Best bet is to not talk about white privilege.

Because both whites and blacks prosper form privilege afforded them. Some based on financial status, some based on geographical location, some based on intelligence and some based on who their parents are/were.

Example.....If Trump were to finance the building of a new Library at Penn, it will be a guarantee for Baron to attend Penn.

Obamas children, regardless of their grades and SAT scores are guaranteed admission to any college they want to go to.

That is not assumption...that is fact based on what I have seen in my 63 years.

Thanks in advance.

I agree, and some of that I'd plead guilty to. But I don't think it really addresses TK's point in the OP. I thought he was more about addressing how white and black (and others) gain or don't gain governmental preferences, and the effects of how much money people have, and don't have.
Then his argument isn’t about “white privilege”, it is about privilege.

Thanks in advance.

Exactly.

But when you put the term "White" in the formula. it becomes a racism issue.....not one that can actually be addressed properly

Loughlin did not apply white privelege. She applied privelege based on financial standing

Thanks in advance.

As I understood it, his argument was black kids who are not necessarily poor get an advantage over poor white kids. But maybe that's just my opinion and I'm projecting it to TK

Forum List

Back