My Republican buddy and COVID

is that what is known as "anecdotal evidence"?.....
No, its not. Because there is no claim there. It is a story and that is all it is.

In a thread that was specifically created around telling stories. What did you expect to see? For something to be anecdotal evidence there would need to be some sort of claim that is being backed up by the story.

For every story like the OP's, one can be told that is the polar opposite.

In fact, far more have had Covid and not had the horrible symptoms then who have.

If you want proof.

Compare the number who have recovered to those who have died.

Far, far more.

My sister and brother-in-law just finished getting over Covid. While I am not an anti-vaxxer, they are.

They have fully recovered.

My daughters have had it and recovered.

My son-in-law has had it and recovered.

eight or ten people I work with had it and recovered.

But the industrial grade stupid of the left refuse to even acknowledge that people survive covid.
My father had it...70, diabetic, and fat. He described it as a cold that kicked his was for 3 days.

No, its not. Because there is no claim there. It is a story and that is all it is.

In a thread that was specifically created around telling stories. What did you expect to see? For something to be anecdotal evidence there would need to be some sort of claim that is being backed up by the story.
you are talking to the wrong poster....

One of my long time friends ran out and got the J&J Vax out of fear of losing her job and pension. She immediately got a Bell’s Palsy attack and her face is paralyzed, and her white blood cell count is all fucked up.
So when are you going to BLAME trump for rushing the virus, to save his political career.
This is on trump, and it destroyed his political career.
FKG POS djt.

Could be. However, if a person gets the shot and then that person immediately starts having having medical problems that he never had before, it's probably a safe bet that it's due to the shot.
Correlation is not that safe a bet. But anyway, if a person has the shot and has no new medical problems is it probably a safe bet that is due to the shot?

Last edited:
there is a reason i asked crep that question....go and read it and find out why....dont just jump into a thread....
Yes. In response to this:
Yes, all of her health problems happened right after getting the shot.
As well as a statement later by Hawk that directly makes claims of adverse reactions.

So.... a CLAIM. Making the story antidotal evidence in support of that claim.

Then crep tells a story about another person and wonders aloud if the experience with COVID will change the doctors outlook on it. You know, a post that has no claims ergo it is not antidotal evidence.

So, I was talking to the correct person.

So when are you going to BLAME trump for rushing the virus, to save his political career.
This is on trump, and it destroyed his political career.
FKG POS djt.
Rush the virus? Are you thinking of Fauci?

President Trump didn’t force the vaccine on anyone. He got emergency use authorization for those who wanted it, you know, it’s called a choice.

My old school country doctor. When I saw him last fall he was wearing a mask, but was somewhat dismissive if covid. He said things like "I've seen these things come and go, and I never get them, and besides is not so bad because even though I'm 60+years old I'm in good health... Blah blah blah...". I had occasion to see him this week (sprained my neck, but that's another story) and he had changed drastically. He looked shrunken is the best way to describe it. Weak, colorless, exhausted. Apparently he caught it last spring. Almost died. Weeks in the ICU. May never recover completely. Gave it to his wife, she had multiple strokes caused by the infection and will never be the same person. Lost his best friend to it. He's changed his tune completely.
Cool story, bro. You should win a prize for fiction that well written.

So I just found out that an old friend of mine (we were each other's best man many years ago) contracted COVID. Healthy, active guy, 62. Big Trump supporter, anti-vax, the whole nine yards, used to post all the regular stuff on Facebook. Hadn't seen him post in a while.

He just got home after a 64-day hospital stay, says he nearly checked out twice. Says he can't walk or talk much, will be on oxygen for six to eight weeks. It really fucked him up.

I know. Just one story. I have other stories like this, but for some reason this one really blew my mind. It will be interesting to see his opinion on this virus now. While we love to give each other shit on pretty much everything, I'm not gonna do so on this.

Anyway, I'm glad I didn't lose him. Aside from being a good friend, he's a serious scotch drinker and we often compare notes.
Glad posting this has fulfilled your virtue signaling for the day.
I also know several people who have had covid... except they are liberals.
It didn't occur to me to make a post about it.... because I realize there is no point to it except as an attempt to make political points for myself.
So, I am glad you got this opportunity to, once again, make a thread about you.

Forum List

Back