My Republican buddy and COVID

My old school country doctor. When I saw him last fall he was wearing a mask, but was somewhat dismissive if covid. He said things like "I've seen these things come and go, and I never get them, and besides is not so bad because even though I'm 60+years old I'm in good health... Blah blah blah...". I had occasion to see him this week (sprained my neck, but that's another story) and he had changed drastically. He looked shrunken is the best way to describe it. Weak, colorless, exhausted. Apparently he caught it last spring. Almost died. Weeks in the ICU. May never recover completely. Gave it to his wife, she had multiple strokes caused by the infection and will never be the same person. Lost his best friend to it. He's changed his tune completely.
is that what is known as "anecdotal evidence"?.....

For every story like the OP's, one can be told that is the polar opposite.

In fact, far more have had Covid and not had the horrible symptoms then who have.

If you want proof.

Compare the number who have recovered to those who have died.

Far, far more.

My sister and brother-in-law just finished getting over Covid. While I am not an anti-vaxxer, they are.

They have fully recovered.

My daughters have had it and recovered.

My son-in-law has had it and recovered.

eight or ten people I work with had it and recovered.

But the industrial grade stupid of the left refuse to even acknowledge that people survive covid.

So I just found out that an old friend of mine (we were each other's best man many years ago) contracted COVID. Healthy, active guy, 62. Big Trump supporter, anti-vax, the whole nine yards, used to post all the regular stuff on Facebook. Hadn't seen him post in a while.

He just got home after a 64-day hospital stay, says he nearly checked out twice. Says he can't walk or talk much, will be on oxygen for six to eight weeks. It really fucked him up.

I know. Just one story. I have other stories like this, but for some reason this one really blew my mind. It will be interesting to see his opinion on this virus now. While we love to give each other shit on pretty much everything, I'm not gonna do so on this.

Anyway, I'm glad I didn't lose him. Aside from being a good friend, he's a serious scotch drinker and we often compare notes.

Fauxi's friends in Wuhan made a potent bioweapon; that's why I got the jab

yea for a guy who has dismissed "anecdotal evidence" as yea big deal in past threads...but its ok when you use it?....
What do you think I'm "using" it for? I'm not claiming it's proof of anything, nor am I trying to make any point or convince you of anything. I'm relating a similar experience to the one in the OP.

Can you see the difference?

So I just found out that an old friend of mine (we were each other's best man many years ago) contracted COVID. Healthy, active guy, 62. Big Trump supporter, anti-vax, the whole nine yards, used to post all the regular stuff on Facebook. Hadn't seen him post in a while.

He just got home after a 64-day hospital stay, says he nearly checked out twice. Says he can't walk or talk much, will be on oxygen for six to eight weeks. It really fucked him up.

I know. Just one story. I have other stories like this, but for some reason this one really blew my mind. It will be interesting to see his opinion on this virus now. While we love to give each other shit on pretty much everything, I'm not gonna do so on this.

Anyway, I'm glad I didn't lose him. Aside from being a good friend, he's a serious scotch drinker and we often compare notes.
I have 4 elderly (all over 85) relatives who all caught the wuflu.

One was in the hospital for several weeks

The other 3 just has a case of the sniffles

And they were taking the shots

What do you think I'm "using" it for? I'm not claiming it's proof of anything, nor am I trying to make any point or convince you of anything. I'm relating a similar experience to the one in the OP.

Can you see the difference?
yea i can see the difference.....but in a topic about the post office i used anecdotal evidence i had delivering mail to the exact situation that was being discussed and you said,because it was not supporting what you said,that anecdotal evidence basically doesnt mean shit....when it does because that is reality....something you didnt accept back then....

yea i can see the difference.....but in a topic about the post office i used anecdotal evidence i had delivering mail to the exact situation that was being discussed and you said,because it was not supporting what you said,that anecdotal evidence basically doesnt mean shit....when it does because that is reality....something you didnt accept back then....
Again, I'm not trying to make any sort of point. I'm just relating an experience. I don't care whether you believe it or no because I'm not asking you to accept it as evidence of anything.

Again, I'm not trying to make any sort of point. I'm just relating an experience. I don't care whether you believe it or no because I'm not asking you to accept it as evidence of anything.
well you sure as hell had a different attitude back in that old thread.....im glad you have progressed.....

I'll take "Things that never happened" for $800, Alex.

One of my long time friends ran out and got the J&J Vax out of fear of losing her job and pension. She immediately got a Bell’s Palsy attack and her face is paralyzed, and her white blood cell count is all fucked up.
This is bullshit. Who here believes he has a friend? Jk. Hope your “friend” is ok.

Forum List

Back