'My Nigerian great-grandfather sold slaves'

Were the Africans actually captured and sold as slaves? Or were they offered transportation to America with promises of employment on perhaps better terms and conditions than were actually realized.

• Banned
Were the Africans actually captured and sold as slaves? Or were they offered transportation to America with promises of employment on perhaps better terms and conditions than were actually realized.
It was Spaniards, Indians, and blacks

the slave trade in AFRICA is more than 5000 years old. Are you VERY YOUNG ---or do you come from a place where reading material is VERY RESTRICTED ---or a person who just does not like to read? Or is it that you are not at all interested in the history of HUMAN CIVILIZATION. Whoever told you that SLAVERY is a
USA institution------LIED BIG. Feel free to ask questions. Do not be shy-----if you are a 12 year old boy-----I can understand your lack of KNOWING

Every group everywhere is up to the ears in displayed inhumanity sooner or later. While historically interesting in detail, on the existential level, it lacks depth to be reflected upon. If we are all the same, O.K., the question is how to go on together in a more intelligent fashion.
That is what faces us presently. We are faced with a refashioned economy, society and political situation. It wasn't entirely planned for, but it is in place.
What works to divide us in this historical juncture works for those who would undo what America dreamed of doing and only partially succeeded.
What was achieved merits building upon. Throwing it all away would be absurd.
With all the loud talk of identity groups and their politics, there are these ways to look at the human world:
1)There are males and females.
2)There are the above average and below average intelligence halves. All of the profound societal problems come from those above the middle, the minor crimes from the other side.
Race, nationality, religion, etc. are at best secondary to the first two.

the slave trade in AFRICA is more than 5000 years old. Are you VERY YOUNG ---or do you come from a place where reading material is VERY RESTRICTED ---or a person who just does not like to read? Or is it that you are not at all interested in the history of HUMAN CIVILIZATION. Whoever told you that SLAVERY is a
USA institution------LIED BIG. Feel free to ask questions. Do not be shy-----if you are a 12 year old boy-----I can understand your lack of KNOWING

What a dumb comment .....

can you be more specific?

is that all? ----when you were six did you shout randomly---"your feet smell" ???

Forum List

Back