My museum experience in San Diego yesterday

Yeah, OLD sites. Before we learned to do better.
Fairchild AFB isn't a particularly old site. Neither is Spokane Int'l Airport--both are still in operation and the ground water is still contaminated with "flushing" (water waste) as the only ineffective solution that has been offered. This is upsetting to anyone that grew up in an America that touted clean air and drinking water. Remember the old cliche's about Mexico--"Don't drink the water" It has expanded to the US in MANY places just during our lifetimes.

Fairchild AFB isn't a particularly old site. Neither is Spokane Int'l Airport--both are still in operation and the ground water is still contaminated with "flushing" (water waste) as the only ineffective solution that has been offered. This is upsetting to anyone that grew up in an America that touted clean air and drinking water. Remember the old cliche's about Mexico--"Don't drink the water" It has expanded to the US in MANY places just during our lifetimes.
Those sites are well over 60 years old.

When I was a kid, Houston's Museum of Natural History had a display of a life-sized native-American couple with a teepee and the wall behind painted up like the prarie. The woman was a hot babe kneeling by a fire and she was topless. IRRC, she was holding strips of meat in her hands above the fire. When my school took us as sixth graders, the teachers had to drag the boys away to get them to continue the tour.

It was a great museum for other reasons also. But now it seems to be not quite as good. The babe is gone, likely purchased by a museum donor to keep alive his own boyhood "education."

It does have a really big Foucoult pendulum that knocks over time markers like dominos as it appears to move but is actually swinging in the same plane and it is the earth moving.

Forum List

Back