My first concert was this band, yours?

Ted Nugent, Black Oak Arkansas. I was 16. The next one was Black Sabbath in '78. A new band I'd never heard of, opened for them. Cheesy stage props but a guitar that blew me away and a screamer with long blonde hair bouncing around the stage like a mad man. My first time ever listening to Van Halen ;)

Don't think they were 'concerts', but Ernest Tubb at the Crystal Springs Ball Room outside Fort Worth, when I was 10. We got in free because Bob Wills owned it at the time and my Dad was doing his taxes. first rock concert was Jimi Hendrix at Will Rogers coliseum. Had a box seat right over the stage to Hendrix's left. It cost a premium of $6. 1968, irc. Still have the ticket stub around here somewhere. Next was Bloodrock and Warrant at some place I don't remember, over in Dallas.

1974 at the St. Louis Checkerdome.
Bachman Turner Overdrive.
cannot recall the warmup band.
(can barely recall going😁)

Massive speakers floor to ceiling in the one of the largest wooden built venues ever built in the country. Wall to wall people. floor to ceiling people. hundreds of frizbee's and beachballs flying across the place, so much tobacco smoke and pot smoke you couldn't see all the way to the top on the other side of the building.

I think it was $8.00. Might have been $6.

My first was the band named Sawyer Brown in 1986 when I was just four years old. Sadly, I only saw the first few minutes of the show because I couldn't take how loud the music was. I eventually saw them two time later on in 1994 and 2005 and they were awesome both times. :) :) :)

God bless you and each past and present member always!!!

Holly (one of their many fans)

I might be nearly 54 years old but if you can't dance to this you need to step the fuck off.

I could goto a dance club today at my age and Rock the fucking floor to this song.

Love to dance

Mark King is the best bassist I ever dune near seen.....Incredible........From the Isle of Wight

Last edited:
Another one I got suckered into...............OMG if my friends only knew...lolol

I actually had to photograph him back in 2018 in St. Augustine:

dm10.jpg

Marie, too:

dm09.jpg

I actually had to photograph him back in 2018 in St. Augustine:

View attachment 593372

Marie, too:

View attachment 593373
Well I got sukered when I was a kid and suckered by my wife to see their Christmas concert about 10 yrs ago........lolol.........................Actually it was a decent show. Never saw a singer change so many outfits in one show....lolol...must have been 5 times

Forum List

Back