My Fellow Atheists, We Aren't Responsible

And this is why there's no mention of Dinosaurs in the bible, the koran, or any other ancient religious text. Because the men who wrote these, didn't know about them yet and never conceived of them. Like all good writers, they wrote about what they knew and what they could dream up.

(Interesting side note: My Firefox spell check wants me to capitalize "koran" but not "bible." WTF?)

There's no specific mention of many animals in the Bible that did exist at that time, but I'm not sure what that has to do with what was specifically mentioned being true or not?

This changes nothing of what I said. Had their existence been known, we assume they would have been written about. Most everything else known to have existed at the time, was. If the religious texts were indeed divinely inspired, surely God would have clued the writers in? Of course.

God couldn't clue them in, because God was a character in the novellas who knew no more or no less than the men who created it. It's like saying J.R. Ewing told the writers who shot him. It didn't work that way.

Why would you make that assumption tho??? Have you ever actually read the Bible? It is talking about specific events in history and about spreading the word of salvation, it has nothing to do with cataloging animal and plant life. It's about teaching man how he should live and treat his fellow man. I'm not sure why you would assume a paleontology lesson should have been included, and because it wasn't then everything else in it is invalid.

Marauder, I understand your point, despite your claims to the contrary. You want me to pack up my atheistic beliefs, and live happily amongst the rest of the world. You want me to respect my position, and the positions of others.

I get it. You don't see a need for conflict on the matter. And, in your opinion, conflict instigated by the atheist represents an unnecessary attack, and I'm sure you believe the opposite to be true. Besides, why attack when you can just live and respect one another? Right?

I however, do see a need to confront claims that, if true, represent a threat to the fundamental means by which a human discovers knowledge - reason.

The concept of God - a being of supernatural characteristics - if in fact exists, represents that threat. This is why I speak out.

Also keep in mind my original post - that it is the theist which makes a claim. The atheist refuses that claim since it rests on no evidence. So when I, as an atheist, speak out against the unsubstantiated claims made by theists, it is not an attack, but a defense.

Bottom line is you Fundie Athiests aren't happy with allowing those who believe to practice their Constitutional right to do so...

Somehow their faith threatens you and the future of mankind...

How narrow minded of you...
^^^ One who completely gets it.

Of course! That's why it's funny.

So, you're trying to poke fun at Christians by implying that Rex was left off of the ark whenever Rex didn't exist at the time of the ark?

Here goes the whole "Christians under attack" thing. Get over yourself. All religion is ridiculous. Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Scientology, etc...I just happen to find a funny picture of jesus and a dinosaur. It's funny to me because there are people out there who believe that men were alive at the same time as dinosaurs, which we both seem to know is ridiculous. Typically these views are from creationists who can also be christian fundamentalists. If that's not you, great! But please get over yourself, I have nothing against christians.

Seems pretty damn stupid if you ask me, but doesn't surprise me that someone like yourself would find it 'funny'. :cuckoo:

I actually didn't ask you, but you gave your opinion anyway. Thanks for that I guess.

You can 'attack' religion all you want sweetie, it doesn't mean a damn thing to me. But, you play a nice martyr, I’ll give you that.... :lol:

I'm going with a purple hippo ballerina created it all. Just as plausible.

So, you don't have an answer? Yet you'll tell millions of people that their theory is incorrect when you haven't a damn clue yourself. Gotta love it. :lol:

Of course I don't know how it all started, but that doesn't mean I will just stop looking for the answer and just assume it was an invisible man in the sky. Really? Sorry, that doesn't have ANY merit whatsoever. Gotta love that you gave up looking for answers and settled on, "the invisible sky father must have created all of this". Talk about lazy!

You keep looking.... No one is telling you to stop. You're the one going out of your way to put down those who feel they have satisfied themselves with an answer. As I said earlier, it's all about your own insecurities, not others.

There's no specific mention of many animals in the Bible that did exist at that time, but I'm not sure what that has to do with what was specifically mentioned being true or not?

This changes nothing of what I said. Had their existence been known, we assume they would have been written about. Most everything else known to have existed at the time, was. If the religious texts were indeed divinely inspired, surely God would have clued the writers in? Of course.

God couldn't clue them in, because God was a character in the novellas who knew no more or no less than the men who created it. It's like saying J.R. Ewing told the writers who shot him. It didn't work that way.

Why would you make that assumption tho??? Have you ever actually read the Bible? It is talking about specific events in history and about spreading the word of salvation, it has nothing to do with cataloging animal and plant life. It's about teaching man how he should live and treat his fellow man. I'm not sure why you would assume a paleontology lesson should have been included, and because it wasn't then everything else in it is invalid.
We make that assumption based on almost every other thing known at the time is included somewhere in the texts. Nothing unknown at the time, was.

Two full semesters of intensive bible study in college, btw.
It's about teaching man how he should live and treat his fellow man.
I get along with this just fine. The 10 commandments, I've always said, are a great user manual for getting along with fellow man.

Tetracide? That is the murder of tropical fish?

No. It's one of these: with a grandiose opinion of his stature.

Post from unnamed site:
Hey, my name is Tetracide. I'm a college student, registered republican, and Republican Party Leader over at Political Crossfire. I have my own blog, and I'm also contributing to the construction of a website for conservatives which will be a large online library of resources for them. Needless to say, I'm well versed in web design (graphic design and html coding).

I was sent here by Jaxian (who is also working on that website with me). He thought you guys needed another prominent conservative on the boards. I hope I can do my part.

Last edited:
So, you don't have an answer? Yet you'll tell millions of people that their theory is incorrect when you haven't a damn clue yourself. Gotta love it. :lol:

Of course I don't know how it all started, but that doesn't mean I will just stop looking for the answer and just assume it was an invisible man in the sky. Really? Sorry, that doesn't have ANY merit whatsoever. Gotta love that you gave up looking for answers and settled on, "the invisible sky father must have created all of this". Talk about lazy!

You keep looking.... No one is telling you to stop. You're the one going out of your way to put down those who feel they have satisfied themselves with an answer. As I said earlier, it's all about your own insecurities, not others.

I'm not telling you to not believe in something. Practice any religion that you want. I just ask why you believe what you believe.

We make that assumption based on almost every other thing known at the time is included somewhere in the texts. Nothing unknown at the time, was.

I get along with this just fine. The 10 commandments, I've always said, are a great user manual for getting along with fellow man.

I don't agree with that. The Bible doesn't cover every known 'thing' known to man at that time. Just as a simple illustration I pointed out that many animals that were known at the time were not mentioned in the Bible. I just don't see the logic of discrediting what the Bible says because dinosaurs weren't mentioned? Revelations spoke of times to come. You really should read it if you haven't, studying about it in college isn't quite the same thing as actually reading it.

The second part we can agree on.

I'm not telling you to not believe in something. Practice any religion that you want. I just ask why you believe what you believe.
See? Why do you fucking CARE?

Do we ask Batman fans why they like Batman? Trekkies who fucking dress up as Spock? NO

Same damn thing dood. Learn to ALLOW PEOPLE THEIR BELIEFS.

I don't agree with that. The Bible doesn't cover every known 'thing' known to man at that time. Just as a simple illustration I pointed out that many animals that were known at the time were not mentioned in the Bible. I just don't see the logic of discrediting what the Bible says because dinosaurs weren't mentioned? Revelations spoke of times to come. You really should read it if you haven't, studying about it in college isn't quite the same thing as actually reading it.

I don't discount it, any more than I discount Mary Shelley's Frankenstein or any other works of fiction.

I understand all were written by human, for human, in human's own image. That's not a knock.

Do we ask Batman fans why they like Batman? Trekkies who fucking dress up as Spock? NO

Fundie Athiests would be happy if the word "faith" were stricken from the dictionary... It's a completely alien concept to them...

No, you put down people for what they believe, it's right in your avatar and in about every post and every rude inuendo you make regarding religion.

Fundie Athiests would be happy if the word "faith" were stricken from the dictionary... It's a completely alien concept to them...
Bigotry, hate and fear do that.

LOL, I ask because I want to understand. What part about asking questions is preventing anyone from believing in their religion? Talk about being on the defensive.

I would ask Batman fans why they like Batman if they actually thought Batman was real, but they don't.....that would be silly.

Two full semesters of intensive bible study in college, btw. I get along with this just fine. The 10 commandments, I've always said, are a great user manual for getting along with fellow man.

I don't discount it, any more than I discount Mary Shelley's Frankenstein or any other works of fiction.

I understand all were written by human, for human, in human's own image. That's not a knock.

I know you don't mean it as in insult, but millions of other people see it differently, many very intelligent and learned people. And even from a purley historic standpoint, it's not fiction.

No, you put down people for what they believe, it's right in your avatar and in about every post and every rude inuendo you make regarding religion.

Putting someone down is not the same as trying to stop someone from practicing their beliefs. I can think your beliefs are ridiculous and funny, but show me where I have ever once said you shouldn't be able to practice what you believe? BIG difference. If we are having an adult conversation, let's try and act like adults and be honest here.

To the OP: You started this thread like Jimmy Fucking Swaggart, proposing to preach to "your fellow Atheists." You and I are NOT fellows. You are a fucking bigot. You are not an Atheist. You merely affix that label to yourself as a cover.

Let's make sure we have that straight.

Learn to LIVE AND LET LIVE, s0n!

And? I'm outta here.

LOL, I ask because I want to understand. What part about asking questions is preventing anyone from believing in their religion? Talk about being on the defensive.

I would ask Batman fans why they like Batman if they actually thought Batman was real, but they don't.....that would be silly.
Batman IS real, s0n! Do you not understand this simple concept?

Forum List

Back