Zone1 Atheism vs. polytheism, which is the greater evil ?

SkyscrapersUS

Rookie
Sep 2, 2023
Many people are publicly and secretly fighting against polytheism, which is a positive thing. The negative consequences of that are that people become atheists.

Atheism is a greater evil for humanity than polytheism.

This can be concluded from the history of our ancestors, who were better and richer people than us. If they were not monotheists then they were polytheists and not atheists.

1710013833085.png

SMILE

:)

Many people are publicly and secretly fighting against polytheism, which is a positive thing. The negative consequences of that are that people become atheists.

This can be concluded from the history of our ancestors, who were better and richer people than us. If they were not monotheists then they were polytheists and not atheists.
1. who are these polytheists, or , for that matter, the "many people who fight them?

2. is polytheism a positive thing? or is this metaphysical fight the positive? what does positive mean in this context anyway.

Militant atheism - by far - is the greatest threat to liberty and freedom.

I'm not aware of any active polytheistic religions or opposition to such. What are you referring to exactly?

Organized religion is the greatest evil.

Honestly, I believe ANY Organized Religion is a major evil. Regardless of how many deities they do or don’t believe in.
Two thousand years ago Christ noted about the organized religion of his own time: "Do as they say but not as they do." And that can be said of all people regardless of whether religious or not. It's that broken part of human nature where the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. Human nature doesn't measure up to the willing spirit.

Two thousand years ago Christ noted about the organized religion of his own time: "Do as they say but not as they do." And that can be said of all people regardless of whether religious or not. It's that broken part of human nature where the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. Human nature doesn't measure up to the willing spirit.
HYpocrisy is one of the biggest issues with organized religion.

Thanks for pointing it out.

I find what they say to be just as worthless as what they do. At least in my personal experience.
Out of curiosity, have you an example of what you feel is worthless? For example, is loving God or loving one's fellow man worthless?

Out of curiosity, have you an example of what you feel is worthless? For example, is loving God or loving one's fellow man worthless?
In my experience both are worthless….

My father was the most truly faithful individual I’ve ever known. Faithful to family, community, employer, and his faith. At the moment in his life where he was finally going to be able to live for himself and my mom, he was struck down by two and a half years of withering skin/brain cancer then death.

I was born with a very obvious birth defect. It can’t be hidden. I’ve seen the darkness in people’s hearts because of it. I’ve placed faith in people only to be horribly let down.

LOL
:rolleyes-41:

Thread Locked while investigating multiple reports, and cleaning up Off-Topic posts and responsed to Off-Topic posts, both tending to derail or redirect this Zone 1 Thread.

Thread Locked while investigating multiple reports, and cleaning up Off-Topic posts and responsed to Off-Topic posts, both tending to derail or redirect this Zone 1 Thread.
Thread now open for business on topic: Atheism vs. polytheism, which is the greater evil ?
Two members with derailing Off-Topic and responses will not be rejoining the thread.

Atheism is dying and I am helping to kill it.... I see from intense study of history what much hate and violence comes with doctrinaire atheism

Here is Sam Harris arguing for the nuking of millions of women and children because of his religious views. And I might be wrong but I have NEVER heard him speak favorably about Freedom of Conscience.

What will we do if an Islamist regime, which grows dewy-eyed at the mere mention of paradise, ever acquires long-range nuclear weaponry? If history is any guide, we will not be sure about where the offending warheads are or what their state of readiness is, and so we will be unable to rely on targeted, conventional weapons to destroy them. In such a situation, the only thing likely to ensure our survival may be a nuclear first strike of our own. Needless to say, this would be an unthinkable crime—as it would kill tens of millions of innocent civilians in a single day—but it may be the only course of action available to us, given what Islamists believe. How would such an unconscionable act of self-defense be perceived by the rest of the Muslim world? It would likely be seen as the first incursion of a genocidal crusade. The horrible irony here is that seeing could make it so: this very perception could plunge us into a state of hot war with any Muslim state that had the capacity to pose a nuclear threat of its own. All of this is perfectly insane, of course: I have just described a plausible scenario in which much of the world’s population could be annihilated on account of religious ideas that belong on the same shelf with Batman, the philosopher’s stone, and unicorns." SAM HARRIS , a modern HITLER

That's a pretty big claim. That's a criminal charge, right? You have a link for that?
Actuially this person has been confronted before, I think, and admitted to a sort of mental disease

Parent Nightmare: Public Schools Sex Abuse 100x Greater Than in Catholic Church - Report​

Times More Likely To Abuse Kids Than Catholic Priests

New data shows that teachers are more likely to abuse kids than Catholic Priests, shining light on a disturbing growing trend in public schools.​

Has Media Ignored Sex Abuse In School?
Consider the statistics: In accordance with a requirement of President Bush's No Child Left Behind Act, in 2002 the Department of Education carried out a study of sexual abuse in the school system.

Hofstra University researcher Charol Shakeshaft looked into the problem, and the first thing that came to her mind when Education Week reported on the study were the daily headlines about the Catholic Church.

"[T]hink the Catholic Church has a problem?" she said. "The physical sexual abuse of students in schools is likely more than 100 times the abuse by priests."

Forum List

Back