My Coworker Tested Positive for COVID-19

I think this will be my last post for awhile, actually this morning I didn't plan on making this one.

Last week a co-worker of mine posted on facebook that she wasn't feeling well. On Friday, with persistent symptoms she went to her doctor. They tested her for the flue which came back negative. Her Doctor only had 5 Coronavirus tests available and they decided to use one on her. She said she wasn't supposed to hear back until early this week. On Sunday she got the call that she tested positive.

She does not need to be admitted to the hospital, she is now quarantined at home and not feeling well at all, weak, body aches, head ache and a fever, she's bed ridden at the moment however in good spirits. Tracing back they think it was her son who recently came back home from college and was asymptomatic however his friend back at school had a cough. She just celebrated her 50th birthday and is as far as I can tell in very good health.

For me I haven;t seen her in person since around January. Actually the last conversation I had with her was through IM where we had kind of a heated debate about the subject as she though this was over-hyped and kind of annoyed by the whole thing. She recently had a birthday party and complained with all the last minute cancellations. My take was she thought this more or less to be an old persons disease and they should just be more careful for awhile. She wasn't careful.

I hope all of you take care and I do mean ALL of you. Believe it or not we are in this together and us getting through this very much depends on the actions of our friends, neighbors and strangers. Whether you think this is a Chinese Communist plot to destroy Capitalism or you believe Donald Trump personally spoon fed each American COVID19 in the middle of the night it doesn't matter at the moment, we should have on our minds the solitary (literally) goal of getting the hell through this disaster with as many of us as possible surviving on the other side.

Has her son been tested? Seems like that would be the next step.

Stay strong and be well, all of you.

No. Since he is asymptomatic they will not test him. However since he's home he is now isolating.

Makes a lot of sense, right?

In a Rumpian sense I guess. Would be useful to know whether or not he's carrying. I'm presuming the test can show that without symptoms.

Yep, test works whether you have symptoms or not.

Despite the flaming here, if you find the wherewithal to update us here on what develops with your co-worker, it would be received with gratitude for the perspective. Good luck.

Update:

It's been one week since she has been out sick from work. As of today there is no change in her condition, she is bed ridden and quarantined from others in her house.. Until recently she hadn't been posting on social media and did so late last night because it was her birthday and also just wanting to let people know she was still alive.

I can only imagine how difficult this would be in a Manhattan apartment that may only be 500 sq. ft with multiple residents.

This board still caters to the dredges of society now willing to expend the elderly because they are cowards I see. No thanks. At some point the liberals and others on this board should consider if your participation here is actually helpful or is just gasoline used to propel their dumpster fire party.
Sorry to hear about this person getting the flu. I've seen people sick with the flu year after year, and have even had the flu myself a couple years ago. Nobody deserves to go through this. The flu sucks.

I think this will be my last post for awhile, actually this morning I didn't plan on making this one.

Last week a co-worker of mine posted on facebook that she wasn't feeling well. On Friday, with persistent symptoms she went to her doctor. They tested her for the flue which came back negative. Her Doctor only had 5 Coronavirus tests available and they decided to use one on her. She said she wasn't supposed to hear back until early this week. On Sunday she got the call that she tested positive.

She does not need to be admitted to the hospital, she is now quarantined at home and not feeling well at all, weak, body aches, head ache and a fever, she's bed ridden at the moment however in good spirits. Tracing back they think it was her son who recently came back home from college and was asymptomatic however his friend back at school had a cough. She just celebrated her 50th birthday and is as far as I can tell in very good health.

For me I haven;t seen her in person since around January. Actually the last conversation I had with her was through IM where we had kind of a heated debate about the subject as she though this was over-hyped and kind of annoyed by the whole thing. She recently had a birthday party and complained with all the last minute cancellations. My take was she thought this more or less to be an old persons disease and they should just be more careful for awhile. She wasn't careful.

I hope all of you take care and I do mean ALL of you. Believe it or not we are in this together and us getting through this very much depends on the actions of our friends, neighbors and strangers. Whether you think this is a Chinese Communist plot to destroy Capitalism or you believe Donald Trump personally spoon fed each American COVID19 in the middle of the night it doesn't matter at the moment, we should have on our minds the solitary (literally) goal of getting the hell through this disaster with as many of us as possible surviving on the other side.

No. Since he is asymptomatic they will not test him. However since he's home he is now isolating.

can't make it up. asymptomatic. what a word for this virus. got to make this as serious as shit, so roll out the word asymptomatic. yep healthy people infecting their neighbors, shame on you healthy fkers.

In a Rumpian sense I guess. Would be useful to know whether or not he's carrying. I'm presuming the test can show that without symptoms.

Here’s what the CDC says about the test for the Coronavirus
Here’s what the CDC says about the test for the Coronavirus « Jon Rappoport's Blog

". . . Here is a CDC paragraph about results. I suggest you read it several times.

“Positive [test] results are indicative of active infection with 2019-nCoV but do not rule out bacterial infection or co-infection with other viruses. The agent detected may not be the definite cause of disease. Laboratories within the United States and its territories are required to report all positive results to the appropriate public health authorities.”

I’m going to blow past the blatant contradiction in that CDC paragraph and cut to the chase.

The key line in that paragraph is: “The agent detected [the coronavirus] may not be the definite cause of disease.”

BANG.

CDC: Yeah, you see, folks, ahem, the test could say the coronavirus is there in somebody’s body, but the virus may not be causing disease…"

https://www.fda.gov/media/134922/download

Here’s what the CDC says about the test for the Coronavirus « Jon Rappoport's Blog

". . . Here is a CDC paragraph about results. I suggest you read it several times.

“Positive [test] results are indicative of active infection with 2019-nCoV but do not rule out bacterial infection or co-infection with other viruses. The agent detected may not be the definite cause of disease. Laboratories within the United States and its territories are required to report all positive results to the appropriate public health authorities.”

I’m going to blow past the blatant contradiction in that CDC paragraph and cut to the chase.

The key line in that paragraph is: “The agent detected [the coronavirus] may not be the definite cause of disease.”

BANG.

CDC: Yeah, you see, folks, ahem, the test could say the coronavirus is there in somebody’s body, but the virus may not be causing disease…"

thought that was going to be a little different. but hey, it could be the flu then. Which of course is much more prevalent in the country. perhaps they are also misreading flu with corona?

Take care of yourself.

Finally my masks came in...

1585235160418.png

Update:

It's been one week since she has been out sick from work. As of today there is no change in her condition, she is bed ridden and quarantined from others in her house.. Until recently she hadn't been posting on social media and did so late last night because it was her birthday and also just wanting to let people know she was still alive.

I can only imagine how difficult this would be in a Manhattan apartment that may only be 500 sq. ft with multiple residents.

This board still caters to the dredges of society now willing to expend the elderly because they are cowards I see. No thanks. At some point the liberals and others on this board should consider if your participation here is actually helpful or is just gasoline used to propel their dumpster fire party.

Soon you'll be getting the court order to stop stalking her.....surprising since I always assumed your were queer.

BANG.

The other side of that coin, whatever it's worth, is that up to half of infections may be showing no symptoms at all. In other words rather than being sick, their role is to infect others (such as "Patient 31"). As long as we limit testing to only those who show symptoms, they continue to walk among us and it continues to spread.

Despite the flaming here, if you find the wherewithal to update us here on what develops with your co-worker, it would be received with gratitude for the perspective. Good luck.

Update:

Do you know if she is getting any anti-malaria treatment or anything that is mitigating the symptoms?

Seems she will be fine as will most people -- your story has convinced me even more that we need to open this economy back up....its basically a flu.....economies don't shut down over a flu

Chloroquine is NOT APPROVED for Coronavirus. Don't spread that shit. People have already died from that mythology.

Update:

Do you know if she is getting any anti-malaria treatment or anything that is mitigating the symptoms?

Seems she will be fine as will most people -- your story has convinced me even more that we need to open this economy back up....its basically a flu.....economies don't shut down over a flu

Chloroquine is NOT APPROVED for Coronavirus. Don't spread that shit. People have already died from that mythology.
It should be approved......as well as other flu meds

Update:

It should be approved......as well as other flu meds

It isn't a flu med. If it were to be it would have to be tested as such. And then approved as such.

Again, putting out mythologies can be lethal. People have already harmed themselves from it.

It sounds like if the coworker will pledge allegiance to Sleepy Joe (with a solid campaign donation to affirm the commitment) she'll be fine.

I am so sorry that your co worker has the virus. I hope she gets through this ok with no loss of lung capacity. I'm glad you have not been exposed to it.

I don't know anyone who has it or had it. However one of my best friends works with disabled children in the public schools here. She's been under quarantine since last week. She's fine so far. She has another week to go. We are all praying she stays that way.

I want to say how much disgust I have for all those people who rated your post with laughter. I can't imagine what kind of person who would do that. They must be very seriously sick people.

There is NOTHING funny about ANY of this.

We need you around here. Be safe, check in on your co-worker often, and see ya soon!

BANG.

The other side of that coin, whatever it's worth, is that up to half of infections may be showing no symptoms at all. In other words rather than being sick, their role is to infect others (such as "Patient 31"). As long as we limit testing to only those who show symptoms, they continue to walk among us and it continues to spread.

I agree with this and I just don't get it. They keep saying some of the biggest spreaders of this disease are the ones who have it without symptoms, but then in the same breath will say "Unless you have symptoms, you're not going to be tested."

If we continue to do this we will never be done until everyone that can be infected is.

If your coworker isn't an octogenarian with at least five chronic diseases nothing happens.
Keep calm, Covid-19 is a fake

I so wish people like you would stop spreading false information.

There is a 12 year old girl in Georgia right now fighting for her life because of the virus. She had no preexisting conditions. She was a normal healthy 12 year old child. Now, she's fighting for her life. She will lose up to 30% of her lung capacity permanently if she lives.

People like you who spread such false information will end up getting innocent people killed needlessly.

Stop spreading false information.

If your coworker isn't an octogenarian with at least five chronic diseases nothing happens.
Keep calm, Covid-19 is a fake

I so wish people like you would stop spreading false information.

There is a 12 year old girl in Georgia right now fighting for her life because of the virus. She had no preexisting conditions. She was a normal healthy 12 year old child. Now, she's fighting for her life. She will lose up to 30% of her lung capacity permanently if she lives.

People like you who spread such false information will end up getting innocent people killed needlessly.

Stop spreading false information.

Dude, 1 person out of 7.8 billion people is not "a disease that kills kids."

Forum List

Back