My Coworker Tested Positive for COVID-19

Leftists just never get tired of deliberately misrepresenting statistics.

I think this will be my last post for awhile, actually this morning I didn't plan on making this one.

Last week a co-worker of mine posted on facebook that she wasn't feeling well. On Friday, with persistent symptoms she went to her doctor. They tested her for the flue which came back negative. Her Doctor only had 5 Coronavirus tests available and they decided to use one on her. She said she wasn't supposed to hear back until early this week. On Sunday she got the call that she tested positive.

She does not need to be admitted to the hospital, she is now quarantined at home and not feeling well at all, weak, body aches, head ache and a fever, she's bed ridden at the moment however in good spirits. Tracing back they think it was her son who recently came back home from college and was asymptomatic however his friend back at school had a cough. She just celebrated her 50th birthday and is as far as I can tell in very good health.

For me I haven;t seen her in person since around January. Actually the last conversation I had with her was through IM where we had kind of a heated debate about the subject as she though this was over-hyped and kind of annoyed by the whole thing. She recently had a birthday party and complained with all the last minute cancellations. My take was she thought this more or less to be an old persons disease and they should just be more careful for awhile. She wasn't careful.

I hope all of you take care and I do mean ALL of you. Believe it or not we are in this together and us getting through this very much depends on the actions of our friends, neighbors and strangers. Whether you think this is a Chinese Communist plot to destroy Capitalism or you believe Donald Trump personally spoon fed each American COVID19 in the middle of the night it doesn't matter at the moment, we should have on our minds the solitary (literally) goal of getting the hell through this disaster with as many of us as possible surviving on the other side.

Has her son been tested? Seems like that would be the next step.

Stay strong and be well, all of you.

No. Since he is asymptomatic they will not test him. However since he's home he is now isolating.

Makes a lot of sense, right?

In a Rumpian sense I guess. Would be useful to know whether or not he's carrying. I'm presuming the test can show that without symptoms.

Yep, test works whether you have symptoms or not.

Despite the flaming here, if you find the wherewithal to update us here on what develops with your co-worker, it would be received with gratitude for the perspective. Good luck.

Update:

It's been one week since she has been out sick from work. As of today there is no change in her condition, she is bed ridden and quarantined from others in her house.. Until recently she hadn't been posting on social media and did so late last night because it was her birthday and also just wanting to let people know she was still alive.

I can only imagine how difficult this would be in a Manhattan apartment that may only be 500 sq. ft with multiple residents.
EDIT: For the record she is in Arizona

This board still caters to the dredges of society now willing to expend the elderly because they are cowards I see. No thanks. At some point the liberals and others on this board should consider if your participation here is actually helpful or is just gasoline used to propel their dumpster fire party.

You mean the DREGS of society.

This is a dredge:

View attachment 316123

These are DREGS:

View attachment 316124

Yes, dregs.

Fun fact.

The United States is about 4.25% of the worlds population. Yesterday we accounted for over 28% of all new COVID-19 cases.
Those third world nations are not travelers. I know this is bad, but it was long overdue. And it may be another conspiracy to create global government.

I didn't realize most Americans were traveling when they became ill.

You'd think though that our government would take that into consideration and I don't know, take the threat more serious earlier on.

Looks like Trump is a little more iffy on that Easter Open House. Good.

Seems to be working then. What's your point?

If you get that far by all means essplain to the class wtf his political party has to do with protecting his state.

Lockdown of govt offices started today, it's unnecessary. My county has no cases nor do 2 more on all sides. The .018 percent was because of the people doing their part. Perhaps you can "essplain it" to the class.

Dem gov? Calling for shit not needed. He also cheated to get it from Bevin. Other than Louisville and Lexington, dems are not tolerated in this state.

Last edited:
Seems to be working then. What's your point?

If you get that far by all means essplain to the class wtf his political party has to do with protecting his state.

Lockdown of govt offices started today, it's unnecessary. My county has no cases nor do 2 more on all sides. The .018 percent was because of the people doing their part. Perhaps you can "essplain it" to the class.

Dem gov? Calling for shit not needed. He also cheated to get it from Bevin. Other than Louisville and Lexington, dems are not tolerated in this state.

I guess I could essplain to the class how you didn't touch the question at all, but I see you've already taken care of it.

Update.

Got a call from her. Her fever has now subsided and if she is fever free for 3 days she tells me that is the all clear sign. She still feels very weak and she still had a cough. This was the first time I spoke to her directly and she told me at one time she literally felt like she just wanted to die.

Some interesting things she told me, keep in mind this is anecdotal.

1. She did not lose her sense of smell or taste and actually said it was heightened.
2. Her doctor for better or worse told her not to frighten those she came in contact with and not tell anyone. Maybe there was a miscommunication there but that seems like really bad advice.
3. She was prescribed a few procedures, some seemed kind of bullshitty to me. One was a vitamin C IV drip...or she had an IV drip anyway and they put vitamin C in it, not really sure. They also did Ozone therapy which to me sounds kind of quacky but who knows. Lastly the doctor prescribed her Hydrochlorothiazide. This did not work out for her as it gave her incredible abdominal pain and she had to stop taking it.
4. To this very day no one else in her household has been tested due to shortages.

Overall she didn't think this was like the flu and she was bed ridden most of the time (continues to be more than usual). She's hoping to return to work at the end of this week.

Forum List

Back