Flatten The Curve, Not The Economy - Let's Get Back To Work Now

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"Fox host Steve Hilton, a Trump supporter and self-described "positive populist," argued that -- described Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases who is helping lead the government's coronavirus response effort, as part of the country's "ruling class" -- 'Our ruling class and their TV mouthpieces whipping up fear over this virus — they can afford an indefinite shutdown. Working Americans can't, they'll be crushed by it," Hilton said. "You know that famous phrase, 'the cure is worse than the disease?' That is exactly the territory we're hurtling towards."

Just a couple of hours after saying that -- Trump tweeted that same argument -- great minds think alike....Steve is right, this national lockdown thing is worse for our economy than a few elderly people dying or a few younger people dying who already sick with something else....Do you honestly think America can't withstand a few hundred deaths or so?? We been thru WW1, WW2, Vietnam, 9/11 -- so this crisis is nothing to shut businesses or schools down over....

Worst mistake Trump made was changing his tone and bowing down to the Democrat propaganda and hysteria -- he was right to treat this virus the way he did previously -- but he is beginning to learn now how overblown this thing was and hopefully this week or next week he will officially declare America is back in business -- Wall Street will definitely respond positively and his re-election win will definitely be won by the largest margin in US history...

....Do you honestly think America can't withstand a few hundred deaths or so?? We been thru WW1, WW2, Vietnam, 9/11 -- so this crisis is nothing to shut businesses or schools down over....

Worst mistake Trump made was changing his tone and bowing down to the Democrat propaganda and hysteria -- he was right to treat this virus the way he did previously -- but he is beginning to learn now how overblown this thing was and hopefully this week or next week he will officially declare America is back in business -- Wall Street will definitely respond positively and his re-election win will definitely be won by the largest margin in US history...

Over 600 American dead as of this morning. How many is a few hundred?

They'll start fazing workers back in after probably 2 weeks. I would hope even 1 week. But we can't leave all these people unemployed. There are going to be casualties but that can't be avoided. But with people going back to work, we'll beat this thing little by little. If we stay with this shut down attitude, this economy will never come back. So let's get back to work and when this thing is over, lets never forget the Communist Chinese scumbags that caused it.

Why would the country re-elect Trump after the made such a colossal and costly mistake?

WHO'S making that mistake?? The governors of Cali NY Ill Conn... THEY are ones shutting down almost 40% of the economy... And the "bail-out"???? That's just another bi-partisan shit show.. TWICE the money for HALF of the benefit...

Whatever else you THINK YOU know that came from partisan hack sources is just spin and propaganda...

On reading the article, this jumped out at me right away…

Several Fox News hosts are making an unsubstantiated case on air that the economic fallout from the coronavirus response will be worse than the helath [sic] impacts of the pandemic.

Seems like an unwarranted exercise in bias, to call this case “unsubstantiated”. I think that a Mr. Hilton, quoted in the OP, has it exactly right, and this statement, alone, certainly more than adequately substantiates this “unsubstantiated” case: “Our ruling class and their TV mouthpieces whipping up fear over this virus — they can afford an indefinite shutdown. Working Americans can't, they'll be crushed by it…” He;'s exactly right. Large numbers of ordinary people are going to suffer serious economic consequences from this. On the whole, I think it will prove to be more harmful, to more people, than the virus itself ever could have been. At the very least, it' s perfectly rational to think that this might be true, and not at all rational to call this fear “unsubstantiated”.

Why would the country re-elect Trump after the made such a colossal and costly mistake?

WHO'S making that mistake?? The governors of Cali NY Ill Conn... THEY are ones shutting down almost 40% of the economy... And the "bail-out"???? That's just another bi-partisan shit show.. TWICE the money for HALF of the benefit...

Whatever else you THINK YOU know that came from partisan hack sources is just spin and propaganda...
Didn’t the CDC recommend against gatherings greater than 10 people?

....Do you honestly think America can't withstand a few hundred deaths or so?? We been thru WW1, WW2, Vietnam, 9/11 -- so this crisis is nothing to shut businesses or schools down over....

Over 600 American dead as of this morning. How many is a few hundred?
30,000 from flu so far this year. Go get a 3rd grade math book and ask a non-democrat to explain it to you.

On reading the article, this jumped out at me right away…

Several Fox News hosts are making an unsubstantiated case on air that the economic fallout from the coronavirus response will be worse than the helath [sic] impacts of the pandemic.

Seems like an unwarranted exercise in bias, to call this case “unsubstantiated”. I think that a Mr. Hilton, quoted in the OP, has it exactly right, and this statement, alone, certainly more than adequately substantiates this “unsubstantiated” case: “Our ruling class and their TV mouthpieces whipping up fear over this virus — they can afford an indefinite shutdown. Working Americans can't, they'll be crushed by it…” He;'s exactly right. Large numbers of ordinary people are going to suffer serious economic consequences from this. On the whole, I think it will prove to be more harmful, to more people, than the virus itself ever could have been. At the very least, it' s perfectly rational to think that this might be true, and not at all rational to call this fear “unsubstantiated”.

We're on safer ground battling the virus from the scientific/medical truths, they we are EXPERIMENTING with pulling an UNTESTED and unparalled "off switch" on one of the world's biggest economies...

Don't KNOW the impacts of the shutdown.. DO know more about the impacts of virus.. There's ZERO history to actually "rebooting" an economy this size... Hilton MAY BE right, but he's dancing with a suspension from Fox if mgt doesn't LIKE free speech and opinion...

I recommend that all the time but I hate crowds...

You live in Urban areas that are incubators for disease and viruses, so let be realistic and understand people will die from this virus, so the question does the few thousand we save worth crashing our economy because of China Kung Flu Panda Virus?

We should have locked mummy dust farting old folks and the sick and then did the herd inoculation and let people get the virus and let their immune fight it...

I believe we overreacted on this one...

Last edited:
The a-holes at Fox banned Kennedy for less.. She's been off air for more than a week.. AND -- she's DEMONSTRABLY the LEAST aligned cable host with EITHER "brand name party".. She and 80% of her guests are full on Libertarians and NOT at all "trumpkins" or like the OTHER Fox hosts and guests...

The a-holes at Fox banned Kennedy for less.. She's been off air for more than a week.. AND -- she's DEMONSTRABLY the LEAST aligned cable host with EITHER "brand name party".. She and 80% of her guests are full on Libertarians and NOT at all "trumpkins" or like the OTHER Fox hosts and guests...
Kennedy is a naive insulated whitie.

You live in Urban areas that are incubators for disease and viruses, so let be realistic and understand people will die from this virus, so the question does the few thousand we save worth crashing our economy because of China Kung Flu Panda Virus?

We should have locked mummy dust faring old folks and the sick and then did the herd inoculation and let people get the virus and let their immune fight it...

So did Trump’s CDC recommend no gatherings over 10 people?

Pretty hard to run a business, restaurant, resort, sporting event, or really almost anything in compliance with that recommendation.

For better or worse, Trump is on the hook for the results of the actions of his administration during this time. If you think it’s being overblown, Trump is at the very least responsible for the recommendations coming out of his administration that contribute to that.

We should have locked mummy dust faring old folks and the sick and then did the herd inoculation and let people get the virus and let their immune fight it...

Pretty hard to run a business, restaurant, resort, sporting event, or really almost anything in compliance with that recommendation.

For better or worse, Trump is on the hook for the results of the actions of his administration during this time. If you think it’s being overblown, Trump is at the very least responsible for the recommendations coming out of his administration that contribute to that.

And if Trump did not do this you and the left will be screaming he is trying to kill all of you, so he is damn if he does and damn if he does not...

The question for me is did Pelosi and Democrat ran States like California agree with the CDC and if so then why are you not pissed at them?

They could have said it was not needed but you do know they were the ones wanting a National Lockdown, so let cut the shit here and admit Trump can never do anything correct in your eyes...

It is like the left blaming Trump not having a member of the CDC so that China Government could lie to them...

No win scenario for him...

And if Trump did not do this you and the left will be screaming he is trying to kill all of you, so he is damn if he does and damn if he does not...

The question for me is did Pelosi and Democrat ran States like California agree with the CDC and if so then why are you not pissed at them?

They could have said it was not needed but you do know they were the ones wanting a National Lockdown, so let cut the shit here and admit Trump can never do anything correct in your eyes...

It is like the left blaming Trump not having a member of the CDC so that China Government could lie to them...

Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
I’m not pissed at people for following the CDC advice.
But then again I’m not calling this overblown. You are. So do you blame Trump for damaging the economy by overblowing this disease?

But then again I’m not calling this overblown. You are. So do you blame Trump for damaging the economy by overblowing this disease?

I blame China Government like everyone else should...

I blame China Government like everyone else should...
Did China make us shut down our economy?

Forum List

Back