My city is gone, what about yours?

It's pretty simple you stupid commie fuck, the heart of the city is dead. And the disease that killed it is spreading. Anti-American assholes like you are proof positive of that.

Um, no, he really didn't say what happened in his city, exactly. That's the point.
What happened?
Does it matter?
What changed that city?
Well....the desires of a few outweighs the desires of the many.
This is how the minority ends up oppressing the majority.
This is not Democracy.

Oh please. The city that Ray is referring to is largely unchanged demographically since he and his buddy rolled those cannonballs back into a triangle. What's changed is his age, perception, and his memories wrapped in nostalgia.
Happens to all of us. I have no idea of what you're driving at beyond "Does it matter?".
Yeah....the only thing that's changed is freedom of thought and freedom of expression. Basically life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness is history.

Not really all that much....if you want to ignore the obvious.

So I hear a lot of towns have changed over the last 60 years. Did you know that Mayberry now has black people, and one person on the town council is openly gay? Otis's son runs a microbrewery. Andy wouldn't even recognize the town now.
Yeah, Mayberry has also gone to shit.

The city I grew up in is a piece of work. It is a small New England town tucked away in southwestern New Hampshire with a beautiful church at the head of a circular rotary featuring a statue of a Civil War soldier. On a sultry summer night well after the witching hour in 1967 my friend Sonny and I were trying to move scattered cannonballs back into the neat pile where they originated around the replica cannon on Central Square as it is known.

Those round projectiles were incredibly heavy, and I could barely roll one, but Sonny was strong, and he could lift one and carry it. Just three years prior the city had been recognized for an “All-America-City” award, a distinction not handed out lightly. I could not have known a half century ago that the city would devolve into a bizarre Orwellian nightmare, manufacturing moronic Manchurian Candidates of political correctness.

The city has a newspaper, a radio station, and a college that have morphed into a kind of local Bermuda Triangle of dispensed brain damage, influencing public opinion in destructive ways, not the least of which appears to be a drop in local average intelligence. It is counterintuitive that a city with a college at its center would produce a cerebrally stunted population but that appears to be the case and it seems to be part of a plan to wreck civilized society in order to rebuild it in the image of some grand utopian surveilled and controlled model of totalitarian overlording.

It has been nearly 60 years since that All America City Award and in the overall scheme that is not much time to stupefy a community into giving up their most important freedoms. A brazen, stolen, and crooked presidential election took place right before the eyes of local denizens preoccupied with the fairy dust of equity, inclusion, and Critical Race Theory. The city is lost, and I am greatly saddened by this outcome.

All I can do is to keep an account of what is happening and use wordsmithing skills to bring it to the people. That is becoming more difficult in an age that cancels “dangerous thinking”. For those that can still think, censorship is the hallmark of every totalitarian society that has ever existed. If you are reading this you are still free, but time is running out. My city is gone, what about yours?
I was born and raised in Brooklyn, NY (4th largest city in the US). I recall it mostly as a gritty, working class, area of ethnic enclaves. Almost everyone I knew from there has since left the city. Today it is a vibrant area that all NYers would love to move to, if they could afford it. The city has been run by the Dems almost non-stop but it has survived and prospered under them.
I went to New Utrecht, 9th and part of 10th grade.... :) my Italian born grandparents lived there, in a lovely community of Italian and Jewish Americans....

:)

It's pretty simple you stupid commie fuck, the heart of the city is dead. And the disease that killed it is spreading. Anti-American assholes like you are proof positive of that.

Um, no, he really didn't say what happened in his city, exactly. That's the point.

Actually he did, you just aren't smart enough to realize it. Like most college towns, it was consumed by your marxist ideology and for all intents and purposes died as a decent American city.

Another "good old days" thread? I grew up in almost unimaginable poverty in various rural Appalachian shitholes. Nostalgia is for people who grew up pampered and sheltered with full bellies and parents who had time to raise them.

Is that your excuse why you are so stupid about everything political?
What's your excuse? The "good old days" were not that good for everyone. Your pampered boomer ass does not even like being reminded of that.

I grew up in one of those poor states. My Dad worked in a factory making washing machines and dryers when the idiots were not on strike. I availed my self of an education and left when I was 17. Pampered boomer? Kiss my ass, retard!

The Leftest in this country have destroyed everything they touched.
What is the best example?
New York
Chicago
Seattle
Baltimore
Dallas
Memphis
Atlanta
Portland
Los Angeles
Houston
New Orleans
...Many more.

All the great American cities have been destroyed by Democrats that can't seem to ever get anything right.

Don't worry so much about a city. Your only responsibility is to yourself and your family and God. As far as needing to help improve your city or community.....meh. not ones responsibility.

Orlando use to be a great little Florida city.

The industry was mostly support for agriculture and the Martin Marietta defense plant.

Conservative government.

The Negroes were made to stay on their side of town.

Low crime.

No goddamn Gay Pride parades

Low taxes

Clean quite city with a great quality of life.

Then the Disney filth came in and brought all the shitheads from upnorth and they voted Democrat. The tourist assholes flood in. Now it is a cesspool just like all the other cities the Liberals have destroyed.

The industry was mostly support for agriculture and the Martin Marietta defense plant.

Conservative government.

Low crime.

Low taxes

Then the Disney filth came in and brought all the shitheads from upnorth and they voted Democrats. The tourist assholes flood in. Now it is a cesspool just like all the other cities the Liberals have destroyed.
But, but it's "progressive".

Conservative government.

Low crime.

Low taxes

Then the Disney filth came in and brought all the shitheads from upnorth and they voted Democrats. The tourist assholes flood in. Now it is a cesspool just like all the other cities the Liberals have destroyed.
But, but it's "progressive".

I don't even like to drive through that city any more. If it wasn't for Chicago it would be the poster child for a city the Democrat filth destroyed.

The Leftest in this country have destroyed everything they touched.
What is the best example?
San Francisco
The typical home value of homes in San Francisco is $1,463,979. The median price of homes currently listed in Tulsa is $198,000. Why the difference?
Cost of living. Duh!
And a bunch of people (mostly from Asia) with piles of money driving up prices on the west coast.

Everyone thought so before the Woke crowd started screaming.

Well, actually, no. Columbus wasn't an important figure before the 20th century. He was more of a footnote.

Then Italian-Americans wanted a "hero".

So it was more about people being woke in 1934, which is when Columbus Day was made a holiday.

Columbus wasn't an important figure before the 20th century. He was more of a footnote.

How many cities/counties in the US were named after that 'footnote'?

Speaking of 'foot', time to take yours out of your mouth.

But what makes a person note worthy?
Do you want to honor and remember conquerors like Genghis Khan, Napoleon, Caesar, etc., or people who helped others, like Ghandi, Salk, MLK Jr., etc.?

I don't think Columbus accomplished much, because all sailors understand the earth is a sphere.
They see it whenever a ship crosses the horizon, with the hull disappearing first, slowly followed by the masts/yards.
And apparently his motivation was greed and his actions included slavery.

It was Democrats who brought in the Somali filth in Minneapolis. A lot of people made money sponsoring them.

Negroes destroy a city with crime and welfare. The Democrat turds help them do it.
In the good old days, if the negroes got too uppity, we could just burn them out like in Tulsa.

Negroes destroy a city with crime and welfare. The Democrat turds help them do it.

News flash.
If race were a factor with crime, then it could easily be correlated all over the globe.
But it isn't.
We know the factors that are related to crime, and it is mostly injustice, followed by lack of opportunity, like education, etc.
Currently the War on Drug is the biggest cause of crime, and we should stop it.
The War on Drugs is inherently illegal.

The city I grew up in is a piece of work. It is a small New England town tucked away in southwestern New Hampshire with a beautiful church at the head of a circular rotary featuring a statue of a Civil War soldier. On a sultry summer night well after the witching hour in 1967 my friend Sonny and I were trying to move scattered cannonballs back into the neat pile where they originated around the replica cannon on Central Square as it is known.

Those round projectiles were incredibly heavy, and I could barely roll one, but Sonny was strong, and he could lift one and carry it. Just three years prior the city had been recognized for an “All-America-City” award, a distinction not handed out lightly. I could not have known a half century ago that the city would devolve into a bizarre Orwellian nightmare, manufacturing moronic Manchurian Candidates of political correctness.

The city has a newspaper, a radio station, and a college that have morphed into a kind of local Bermuda Triangle of dispensed brain damage, influencing public opinion in destructive ways, not the least of which appears to be a drop in local average intelligence. It is counterintuitive that a city with a college at its center would produce a cerebrally stunted population but that appears to be the case and it seems to be part of a plan to wreck civilized society in order to rebuild it in the image of some grand utopian surveilled and controlled model of totalitarian overlording.

It has been nearly 60 years since that All America City Award and in the overall scheme that is not much time to stupefy a community into giving up their most important freedoms. A brazen, stolen, and crooked presidential election took place right before the eyes of local denizens preoccupied with the fairy dust of equity, inclusion, and Critical Race Theory. The city is lost, and I am greatly saddened by this outcome.

All I can do is to keep an account of what is happening and use wordsmithing skills to bring it to the people. That is becoming more difficult in an age that cancels “dangerous thinking”. For those that can still think, censorship is the hallmark of every totalitarian society that has ever existed. If you are reading this you are still free, but time is running out. My city is gone, what about yours?
It is a shame people laugh at this.
The problem is people born after 1975 only know the world after corporatism strangled out small businesses. [now is the time an ignorant ass will post there are more small businesses now than before, which is only due to the VAAAAST number of LLCs that are not even businesses]
My town was really nice in my youth.
The downtown was bustling. Every shop occupied by a local owner and very well kept. Every single spot.
The parks were immaculate. Every statue that was erected generations ago - untouched.
We had three movie theaters, two drive-ins, three bowling alleys and almost every restaurant was locally owned. I would say among all of the businesses - 90% or higher were locally owned.

Today - despite numerous downtown revitalization attempts that really only fixed up decaying facades... it is less than half occupied, and most of that is city owned.
The parks are a mere shell of what they once were. All of the statues are gone. Kids in the 90s and 2000s defaced/destroyed them all.
We have two corporate theaters, no drive ins, no bowling alleys and almost every restaurant is fast food and chain boxes.
Of all of the businesses, I would say about 40% maaaybe is locally owned.

Oh... and the once bustling newspaper that boasted 85% plus subscribership for years... is in ruins. I use to work there.
Our circulation in the 80s-90s was between 32,000 - 35,000 depending on the day of the week. Today it is less than 10,000 and is owned by Gannett - which is a kiss of death.
We had 3 locally owned radio stations, only 2 are left and only one is still locally owned.
I could go on and on.

Forum List

Back